Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets talk football.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Shocking choice.
    Shocking response.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    RGIII, Coples I'm not being a homer I just think he's in the best position to succeed, and he might have a chip due to all the questioning of his motor.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Shocking response.
    He really can't help himself.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Robert Griffin III: 4 votes.
    Trent Richardson: 3 votes.
    David Wilson: 1 vote.
    Michael Floyd: 1 vote

Quinton Coples: 2 votes.
    Melvin Ingram: 1 vote.
    Luke Kuechly: 1 vote.
    Bruce Irvin: 1 vote.
    Courtney Upshaw: 1 vote.
    Mychal Kendricks: 1 vote.
    Dont'a Hightower: 1 vote.
    Tavon Wilson: 1 vote.

RG3 and Coples lead the way as of right now.

The reason why I can't picture RG3 winning this award, is because as already mentioned, Cam Newton set the rookie bar so high in regards to being a dual threat type of QB. RG3 now has big shoes to fill. Not only that, but look at the D's he'll be facing behind an offensive line in which ranked 21st in sacks allowed. The Giants x2, talk about facing a monster front 7. The Cowboys x2, will become much improved during it's 2nd year under Rob Ryan with a full offseason. The Eagles x2, with all that talent on the defensive side of the ball, it's hard to imagine this unit doesn't bounce back this up coming season. The Steelers. The Ravens. The Bengals. Even the Saints. It's going to be extremely tough for RG3 to succeed behind that Redskins offense this up coming season.

I just love Trent Richardson's chances. The feature back of Cleveland's offense. He'll carry the entire work load, and could picture him putting up 1,500-1,300 yards with 10-15 rushing TD's. Not only that, but he's the closest thing I've seen to Adrian Peterson since AP himself coming out of school. The kid murdered the SEC, which is home to some of the fastest, strongest, best overall Defenses in the Nation; I feel he's the most battle tested of any RB coming out.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Assuming that this thread was really an honest attempt to discuss football:

It was 16th against the run last year and 17th in sacks. Not bad (middle of pack) but not what anyone outside of the Jets would call "stacked". If it were that "stacked", even an average pass rush should have been more successful.

Is this an official stat .5 to 1 seconds? First, if this is true, why didn't it help last year? Same people playing. Isn't this Maybin's specialty? It certainly isn't the run.

And, that helps him in the pros somehow. Most colleges play a 4-3 these days. Were they single gap/2 gap, blitz, read react, mostly base, or stunting, maybe zone blitz...etc, etc, etc, I see no advantage. 3 -4, 4 -3 are just base formations. What you do out of those base defenses is a whole different story. Unless they were exposed to the same system, it means little.

Not known at this point. He's never played a down in the NFL and he's a high risk, high reward player. He's no sure thing.
    What is the risk?

What rookie is a sure thing?

The post was about rookie of the year...

You trolls just can't help yourselves...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    What is the risk?

What rookie is a sure thing?

The post was about rookie of the year...

Just stay at the kid's table and continue picking your nose. The grown ups are trying to talk. Go sling your insults somewhere else since you can't help it. I won't take the bait.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just stay at the kid's table and continue picking your nose. The grown ups are trying to talk. Go sling your insults somewhere else since you can't help it. I won't take the bait.
    Too funny

You whine about insults in a post there was none, you tell me the adults are talking, and then respond "go pick your nose."

Like I said, you trolls can't help yourselves, and on top of that, you all rode the short bus

The quote in your signature is pretty funny too...

Please debate somebody’s point of view in a respectful, non-confrontational manner.
    So which part of "go pick your nose," "the adults are talking," and "stay at the kids table" does this comply with?

Getting back to my questions, since you originally assumed this was a serious football discussion thread, before quickly diving back to grammar school smack, why is Coples a high risk? What rookie is a "sure thing?"
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 06-29-2012 at 03:11 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Too funny

You whine about insults in a post there was none, you tell me the adults are talking, and then respond "go pick your nose."

Like I said, you trolls can't help yourselves, and on top of that, you all rode the short bus

Getting back to my questions, since you originally assumed this was a serious football discussion thread, before quickly diving back to grammar school smack, why is Coples a high risk? What rookie is a "sure thing?"
    When you grow up and can respond to people without insults, you'll get my attention. Since you've shown a propensity to engage in childish behavior, you don't deserve an appropriate response. Until then, continue playing with yourself. This will be my last response to you. I don't waste my time with trash.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    When you grow up and can respond to people without insults, you'll get my attention. Since you've shown a propensity to engage in childish behavior, you don't deserve an appropriate response. Until then, continue playing with yourself. This will be my last response to you. I don't waste my time with trash.
    Grow up?

Childish behavior?

What post in this thread did I initiate to warrant this response?

You also seem to have no problem responding to Tx on this board, I guess none of his behavior isn't childish, right?

And then you finish off your post with another insult.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Shocking choice.
    Not so shocking? You being a thread-jacking jackoff.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Offense: Trent Richardson

Defense: Luke Kuechly

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was 16th against the run last year and 17th in sacks. Not bad (middle of pack) but not what anyone outside of the Jets would call "stacked". If it were that "stacked", even an average pass rush should have been more successful.
    Our defensive line is stacked heading into this up coming season. Anyone who knows a lick about Jets football, not only knows but understands why it's the strongest defensive front we've ever featured under coach Ryan. You mentioned how we've ranked 16th against the run and 17th in sacks, but you also failed to mention a couple of aspects in regards to our defensive line. A.) Wilkerson is no longer a rookie. He's heading into his second season after earning lots of experience as a full time starter last season. As only a rookie Wilkerson put up 49 tackles, 3 sacks and 1 forced fumble. Just the fact that Wilkerson is heading into his 2nd season will improve our defensive front (when compared to last year) due to an experienced 1st round draft pick (Wilkerson). Also, Sione Pouha has developed into one of the better 3-4 NT's/DT's around. Has anchored #1, #4 and #5 rated defenses over the past 3 seasons. Not only will DeVito returning from injury provide us with very solid depth inside the trenches, but bot Kernrick Ellis and Tevaseu are heading into the 2nd season, but this year it's with OTA's and a full offseason. Can't forget about Marcus Dixon who impressed as a 2nd year player. DeVito, Ellis, MTV and Dixon combine for strong depth but last but not least, and more importantly? We've just drafted the Nation #1 or #2 (depending on who you speak with) DE coming out of this years draft class. Anyone who doesn't consider this defensive front much improved and much deeper when compared to last season in regards to both talent/depth, they're clueless.

Is this an official stat .5 to 1 seconds? First, if this is true, why didn't it help last year? Same people playing. Isn't this Maybin's specialty? It certainly isn't the run.
    It may not be an official time, but with Revis locking up opposing quarterbacks #1 wide outs, he without question gives us a little extra time in regards to pressuring the quarterback. You just proved my point in regards to how solid our secondary/TRIO of CB's in Revis, Cromartie and Wilson are. During Maybin's first two years in the league with Buffalo, he had 0 career sacks. He had no time to pressure the quarterback. With the Jets last season, Maybin recorded 6 sacks to go along with 4 forced fumbles during his 9 games of the season. 4 of those sacks were also coverage sacks. It's obvious that Maybin benefited from coverage CB's such as Revis and Cromartie on the outside with Wilson working the nickel.

And, that helps him in the pros somehow. Most colleges play a 4-3 these days. Were they single gap/2 gap, blitz, read react, mostly base, or stunting, maybe zone blitz...etc, etc, etc, I see no advantage. 3 -4, 4 -3 are just base formations. What you do out of those base defenses is a whole different story. Unless they were exposed to the same system, it means little.
    The only point that I'm making, is that Coples earned college experience inside of both a 3-4 and 4-3 defensive scheme as a defensive end. This isn't a Vernon Gholston situation ala taking a college 4-3 defensive end and moving him to a 3-4 OLB during his NFL rookie season. And you're also wrong, most colleges such as (Ohio State) mostly play a 4-3 scheme, but not NC. They played 3-4 over 80% of the time. This Coples kid is the perfect fit for out defense.

Not known at this point. He's never played a down in the NFL
    Your point? The same can be said for each and every rookie, each and every year. Like I've stated, I'm going with Coples because I feel he's in best possible position to succeed 'right away' under a Rex Ryan/Darrelle Revis led defense. Rex will use this kid and line him up all over the defensive front. He's one of the highest rated DE's coming out. Last but not least, no NFL coach focuses on the defensive line as much as Rex Ryan (A DE in his own right). When Rex seen Coples during his pro day? He fell in love. He promised Coples, that if he were still on the board when the Jets were selecting 16th overall? That he'll become a Jet. Come draft day? Rex made sure to get his guy. I trust in Rex's evaluation.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    Our defensive line is stacked heading into this up coming season.
    Just in the last week alone, do you know how many positions on the Jets you have claimed are "stacked"?

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    nice thread but I have to at least see these guys in pre season action before I am talking about rookies of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    With training camp still a month away, what else (Jets related) can we talk about? I believe, that as a fan base, this fan site has covered everything in writing for months on end. So, I figured that I'd take the time and thought process to create a thread such as this one, something different, something that can change up the scenario/atmosphere heading into training camp; then it's full throttle/full force Jets fever. Every 2,3,4 pages or so, I'll throw out a different subject/question/topic of discussion. From rookies, to sleepers, fantasy picks, predicting of schedules and or/standings, sleeper teams, teams on the rise, teams on the decline, which teams had the best offseason (and why), players expected to break out, players expected to "fall back down to earth", etc, etc. I have lots of ideas in regards to topics of discussion, feel free to join in, contribute and change the topic of discussion at any time. I'll start it off.

Who's your predicted offensive and defensive rookies of the year? The key, you can only predict one of each. No multiple selections. Should make/create for a good 'bump of a thread' sometime next off season.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    nice thread but I have to at least see these guys in pre season action before I am talking about rookies of the year.
    Good point, time to change up the topic of discussion (feel free to include your offensive and defensive rookie of the year selections at anytime throughout the course of this thread).

2012's SLEEPER TEAM's

I'm going with the KC Chiefs to win the AFC West.

Why? Because on offense, they're now featuring playmakers at (just about) every skilled position. Picking up Eric Winston at RT will become a difference making for that offensive line. Now that they're on the verge of getting Jamaal Charles back, a player who missed all of last season after rushing for 1,467 (6.4 yards per carry) back in only 2010? Watch out, because their backfield is loaded after the return of Charles along with the addition of Peyton Hillis during the offseason. Perfect explosive/powerful 1-2 punch in Charles/Hillis. They're truthfully featuring a 3 headed monster rushing attack once you include Dexter McCluster. They could be on the verge of featuring the NFL's most dynamic/dangerous backfield. Look for McCluster to have a special season both rushing and receiving out of the backfield. KC's coaching staff will line that kid up everywhere as a dual threat. Getting a very solid TE in Kevin Boss should also help Cassel as a quarterback. They have, in my eyes, a top 10 talent at the WR position in Dwayne Bowe. Kid can simply feast on the outside. A 6'4/230 pound 2nd year WR in Jon Baldwin who's ready to come into his own (development wise). Seen a lot of promise out of Baldwin during his rookie season of 2011. Steve Breaston is the perfect slot WR as well, he's coming off a 61 reception, 785 receiving yard type of season. This offense is young, it's blazing fast and it's explosive. All Matt Cassel has to do, is get the ball out to these guys in open space; and watch them run to daylight. The'll put points on the board without question. Too much talent on one side of the ball not to.

The true reason on why I'm going with KC as my sleeper team, is because I've became very impressed with their defense. I loved how they've upgraded and transformed their entire defense over the years. Their front 7 is loaded with impact defensive lineman/linebackers. Their secondary is being led by a blue chip prospect/talent in Safety Eric Berry. Flowers and Arenas (from what I've seen) are also decent CB's. They have three animals at LB to say the least in Derrick Johnson (IMLB) along with a great pass rushing OLB in Tamba Hali. Can't forget about IMLB Jovan Belcher either, who's only 26 years of age while coming off consecutive seasons of 84+ tackles. A tackling machine. Landing Brandon Siler (Chargers) as a backup MLB during the offseason was a solid move for this defense, gave them solid depth behind Johnson/Belcher at IMLB. I simply love what they've done with their defensive line over the years, it's re-vamped, being led by Glenn Dorsey and Tyson Jackson (two top 5 draft picks). Both Dorsey and Jackson are starting to come into their own. I almost forgot to mention, that KC just drafted a DT by the name of Dontari Poe with the 11th overall pick of the 1st round. Just solidified their defensive front with this draft pick. It's truthfully scary what type of potential this defensive front now has. Those guys are monsters on the defensive line. Also picked up Ropati Pitoitua after being released by the Jets. He could provide solid depth for their defensive front.

I love the potential of their offense and am amazed at what they've done with that defense over the years. It's top 5 legit heading into 2012. Yes, I know that the Broncos have added Peyton Manning and the Charges are always tough to beat, but I believe they're on the verge of taking home the AFC West this up coming season.

Kansas City Chiefs
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 06-29-2012 at 05:53 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the Chiefs need a QB before they win the division

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I think the Chiefs need a QB before they win the division
    Well, Cassel only played 9 games last season and went 4-5. But the year before, in 2010, (when he had Charles and the running game going strong) he put up 27 TD's/7 INT's and a QB rating of 93. He went 10-5 the year before last (missed 1 game). All in all, I feel he's a solid system quarterback and heading into 2012, he has more offensive weapons than ever before with KC. I may like the potential of this offense, with Cassel as a system quarterback; but it's their defense that strikes me as being true contenders.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigFL View Post
    He really can't help himself.
    He really can't.

He's just programmed to troll.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Stop whining already. Are you really insulted by things people say to you on the internet?

Really?

Grow a pair and move on. Or change your name to heel marks, high heels.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    As usual, you started it. Right there.