Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets talk football.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    Other than arguing with a little troll (who hijacks each and every thread while derailing them at the same time); does anyone else have any rookie of the year predictions or sleeper teams this up coming season? I'm going with Richardson/Coples and the KC Chiefs.
    I'll take Alfonzo Dennard and the Chicago Bears.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    I like Richardson also, defensively I really liked Barron (wish we got him) so I'll stick with him and I'll take us as a sleeper since everyone's counting us out
    I loved Mark Baron coming out as well, I just don't like his chances of winning the defensive rookie of the year award, and that's only due to his position of play. For whatever reason, CB's and Safety's just don't put up enough impact numbers needed in order to take home the award. The last CB earned defensive rookie of the year ward honors was Charles Woodson, which was like 14 years ago (1998). The last two Safety's to win the award were Erik McMillan (Jets) and Mark Carrier (Bears) back in 1988 and 1990. So, as you can say, the odds aren't stacked in Baron's favor..
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 06-29-2012 at 09:33 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I loved Mark Baron coming out as well, I just don't like his chances of winning the defensive rookie of the year award, and that's only due to his position of play. For whatever reason, CB's and Safety's just don't put up enough impact numbers needed in order to take home the award. The last CB earned defensive rookie of the year ward honors was Charles Woodson, which was like 14 years ago (1998). The last two Safety's to win the award were Erik McMillan (Jets) and Mark Carrier (Bears) back in 1988 and 1990. So, as you can say, the odds aren't stacked in Baron's favor..
    I hear ya, but as of right now, not a ball has been snapped nor a play been run, there are no odds on anything, IMO

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Other than arguing with a little troll (who hijacks each and every thread while derailing them at the same time); does anyone else have any rookie of the year predictions or sleeper teams this up coming season? I'm going with Richardson/Coples and the KC Chiefs.
    The Chiefs? What exactly about them makes them a sleeper team? They barely won a terrible division in 2010 and fell back to earth in 2011. Naming Romeo Crennel their HC is the only good move they've done recently. With Peyton and an angry Rivers in the division, I'm not predicting them to do much.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    The Chiefs? What exactly about them makes them a sleeper team? They barely won a terrible division in 2010 and fell back to earth in 2011. Naming Romeo Crennel their HC is the only good move they've done recently. With Peyton and an angry Rivers in the division, I'm not predicting them to do much.
    You're wrong in regards to themnot doing anything in regards to improving ther team. They "fell back down to earth" because they lost their QB 9 weeks into the season and lost their star running back for the entire season. The Chiefs (just my thoughts) will become a very good football. You can't deny their overall talent.

Why? Because on offense, they're now featuring playmakers at (just about) every skilled position. Picking up Eric Winston at RT will become a difference making for that offensive line. Now that they're on the verge of getting Jamaal Charles back, a player who missed all of last season after rushing for 1,467 (6.4 yards per carry) back in only 2010? Watch out, because their backfield is loaded after the return of Charles along with the addition of Peyton Hillis during the offseason. Perfect explosive/powerful 1-2 punch in Charles/Hillis. They're truthfully featuring a 3 headed monster rushing attack once you include Dexter McCluster. They could be on the verge of featuring the NFL's most dynamic/dangerous backfield. Look for McCluster to have a special season both rushing and receiving out of the backfield. KC's coaching staff will line that kid up everywhere as a dual threat. Getting a very solid TE in Kevin Boss should also help Cassel as a quarterback. They have, in my eyes, a top 10 talent at the WR position in Dwayne Bowe. Kid can simply feast on the outside. A 6'4/230 pound 2nd year WR in Jon Baldwin who's ready to come into his own (development wise). Seen a lot of promise out of Baldwin during his rookie season of 2011. Steve Breaston is the perfect slot WR as well, he's coming off a 61 reception, 785 receiving yard type of season. This offense is young, it's blazing fast and it's explosive. All Matt Cassel has to do, is get the ball out to these guys in open space; and watch them run to daylight. The'll put points on the board without question. Too much talent on one side of the ball not to.

The true reason on why I'm going with KC as my sleeper team, is because I've became very impressed with their defense. I loved how they've upgraded and transformed their entire defense over the years. Their front 7 is loaded with impact defensive lineman/linebackers. Their secondary is being led by a blue chip prospect/talent in Safety Eric Berry. Flowers and Arenas (from what I've seen) are also decent CB's. They have three animals at LB to say the least in Derrick Johnson (IMLB) along with a great pass rushing OLB in Tamba Hali. Can't forget about IMLB Jovan Belcher either, who's only 26 years of age while coming off consecutive seasons of 84+ tackles. A tackling machine. Landing Brandon Siler (Chargers) as a backup MLB during the offseason was a solid move for this defense, gave them solid depth behind Johnson/Belcher at IMLB. I simply love what they've done with their defensive line over the years, it's re-vamped, being led by Glenn Dorsey and Tyson Jackson (two top 5 draft picks). Both Dorsey and Jackson are starting to come into their own. I almost forgot to mention, that KC just drafted a DT by the name of Dontari Poe with the 11th overall pick of the 1st round. Just solidified their defensive front with this draft pick. It's truthfully scary what type of potential this defensive front now has. Those guys are monsters on the defensive line. Also picked up Ropati Pitoitua after being released by the Jets. He could provide solid depth for their defensive front.

I love the potential of their offense and am amazed at what they've done with that defense over the years. It's top 5 legit heading into 2012. Yes, I know that the Broncos have added Peyton Manning and the Charges are always tough to beat, but I believe they're on the verge of taking home the AFC West this up coming season.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're wrong in regards to themnot doing anything in regards to improving ther team. They "fell back down to earth" because they lost their QB 9 weeks into the season and lost their star running back for the entire season. The Chiefs (just my thoughts) will become a very good football. You can't deny their overall talent.

Why? Because on offense, they're now featuring playmakers at (just about) every skilled position. Picking up Eric Winston at RT will become a difference making for that offensive line. Now that they're on the verge of getting Jamaal Charles back, a player who missed all of last season after rushing for 1,467 (6.4 yards per carry) back in only 2010? Watch out, because their backfield is loaded after the return of Charles along with the addition of Peyton Hillis during the offseason. Perfect explosive/powerful 1-2 punch in Charles/Hillis. They're truthfully featuring a 3 headed monster rushing attack once you include Dexter McCluster. They could be on the verge of featuring the NFL's most dynamic/dangerous backfield. Look for McCluster to have a special season both rushing and receiving out of the backfield. KC's coaching staff will line that kid up everywhere as a dual threat. Getting a very solid TE in Kevin Boss should also help Cassel as a quarterback. They have, in my eyes, a top 10 talent at the WR position in Dwayne Bowe. Kid can simply feast on the outside. A 6'4/230 pound 2nd year WR in Jon Baldwin who's ready to come into his own (development wise). Seen a lot of promise out of Baldwin during his rookie season of 2011. Steve Breaston is the perfect slot WR as well, he's coming off a 61 reception, 785 receiving yard type of season. This offense is young, it's blazing fast and it's explosive. All Matt Cassel has to do, is get the ball out to these guys in open space; and watch them run to daylight. The'll put points on the board without question. Too much talent on one side of the ball not to.

The true reason on why I'm going with KC as my sleeper team, is because I've became very impressed with their defense. I loved how they've upgraded and transformed their entire defense over the years. Their front 7 is loaded with impact defensive lineman/linebackers. Their secondary is being led by a blue chip prospect/talent in Safety Eric Berry. Flowers and Arenas (from what I've seen) are also decent CB's. They have three animals at LB to say the least in Derrick Johnson (IMLB) along with a great pass rushing OLB in Tamba Hali. Can't forget about IMLB Jovan Belcher either, who's only 26 years of age while coming off consecutive seasons of 84+ tackles. A tackling machine. Landing Brandon Siler (Chargers) as a backup MLB during the offseason was a solid move for this defense, gave them solid depth behind Johnson/Belcher at IMLB. I simply love what they've done with their defensive line over the years, it's re-vamped, being led by Glenn Dorsey and Tyson Jackson (two top 5 draft picks). Both Dorsey and Jackson are starting to come into their own. I almost forgot to mention, that KC just drafted a DT by the name of Dontari Poe with the 11th overall pick of the 1st round. Just solidified their defensive front with this draft pick. It's truthfully scary what type of potential this defensive front now has. Those guys are monsters on the defensive line. Also picked up Ropati Pitoitua after being released by the Jets. He could provide solid depth for their defensive front.

I love the potential of their offense and am amazed at what they've done with that defense over the years. It's top 5 legit heading into 2012. Yes, I know that the Broncos have added Peyton Manning and the Charges are always tough to beat, but I believe they're on the verge of taking home the AFC West this up coming season.
    Dude, you deserve a congrats on these instant epically long posts, amazing...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    As usual, you started it. Right there.
    Wrong. You are a liar. Simple as that, troll. You and your buddy Tx, two of a kind. Perfectly happy to ruin a thread, or someone else's good time because your life is a miserable existence. How sad.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

I stand corrected.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

I stand corrected.
    LOL

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the potential of their offense and am amazed at what they've done with that defense over the years.
    What is it they say about defense?

Cant think of it...

-

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    What is it they say about defense?

Cant think of it...

-
    oK...I guffawed...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

The chiefs will be the Raiders biggest challenger in the AFC WEst. IF Peyton Manning went there he might have swung the balance of power in the Chiefs favorites.

The Chiefs offense can't match up to the Raiders offense. Just a better all round offense with way more weapons. Their running game isn't in the Raiders league. (they have second best running game in the division)

Couple of questions with Chiefs offense . Jamaal Charles is a dangerous weapon whenever he gets his hands on the football. The question is with his acl injury those usually take two years to fully recover. Eric Winston is a very good run blocker but isn't any where close to the same player in pass protection. He will have trouble with certain Afc West De in the running game( L Houston dominated him last year)

K Boss is a fine receiving threat and a good blocker the question is he has had 8 concussions( 6 with giants and two with Raiders) You have had that many its only a mattter of time before you get another one. (see Jason Bay) Tony Moeaki was a very big weapon for them in 2010 . (they lost him early last season). So they have a nice weapon still at that position.

Chiefs do have some very good Wr's but the problem is they have the fourth best Qb in the division.

Romeo Crennel does a good job of changing up his defense. The problem is they have Stanford Routt starting at one Cb spot. He strickly a man to man CB and going to be impossible to ask him to play something different.(if he could Raiders wouldn't have shown him the door as they plan on playing alot of coverages) He not stopping any of the Raiders Wr corps. (they beat him like a drum in practice)

The chiefs can't match Raiders dline . That where Raiders have a big advantage against every team in the AFC West) The chiefs lbs corp is stronger than the raiders and slight edge to the chiefs secondary.

I expect both the Chiefs and Raiders to be playoff teams this year. (whoever doesn't win division will be the wildcard)
    Last edited by Raider9175; 06-29-2012 at 10:48 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    The chiefs will be the Raiders biggest challenge in the AFC WEst. IF Peyton Manning went there he might have swung the balance of power in the Chiefs favorites.

The Chiefs offense can't match up to the Raiders offense. Just a better all round offense with way more weapons. Their running game isn't in the Raiders league. (they have second best running game in the division)

Couple of questions with Chiefs offense . Jamaal Charles is a dangerous weapon whenever he gets his hands on the football. The question is with his acl injury those usually take two years to fully recover. Eric Winston is a very good run blocker but isn't any where close to the same player in pass protection. He will have trouble with certain Afc West De in the running game( L Houston dominated him last year)

K Boss is a fine receiving threat and a good blocker the question is he has had 8 concussions( 6 with giants and two with Raiders) You have had that many its only a mattter of time before you get another one. (see Jason Bey) Tony Moeaki was a very big weapon for them in 2010 . (they lost him early last season). So they have a nice weapon still at that position.

Chiefs do have some very good Wr's but the problem is they have the fourth best Qb in the division.

Romeo Crennel does a good job of changing up his defense. The problem is they have Stanford Routt starting at one Cb spot. He strickly a man to man CB and going to be impossible to ask him to play something different.(if he could Raiders wouldn't have shown him the door as they plan on playing alot of coverages) He not stopping any of the Raiders Wr corps. (they beat him like a drum in practice)

The chiefs can't match Raiders dline . That where Raiders have a big advantage against every team in the AFC West) The chiefs lbs corp is stronger than the raiders and slight edge to the chiefs secondary.

I expect both the Chiefs and Raiders to be playoff teams this year. (whoever doesn't win division will be the wildcard)
    Raiders suck

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    The chiefs will be the Raiders biggest challenger in the AFC WEst. IF Peyton Manning went there he might have swung the balance of power in the Chiefs favorites.

K Boss is a fine receiving threat and a good blocker the question is he has had 8 concussions( 6 with giants and two with Raiders) You have had that many its only a mattter of time before you get another one. (see Jason Bay) Tony Moeaki was a very big weapon for them in 2010 . (they lost him early last season). So they have a nice weapon still at that position.

That means one of the Ravens, Steelers, Pats or Jets is out. Who is it?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [/B]

I will let that play out. For all we know two of those teams could be out. Every year team that were suppose to be good disappoint big time, and teams no one expected have big years. It's going to happen again.

Steelers could be a team that disappoints next year. They had some nice moves in the draft(oline) but will those guys be ready when the season starts(took 49ers oline some time). Always tough to start a rookie LT.

They have some age creeping in certain positions. I think if there is a team that takes a step back it just might be the steelers.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 06-30-2012 at 07:47 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [/B]

Well what happens to super bowl alsorans? What happened the last time the cheaters choked the big game away?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Well what happens to super bowl alsorans? What happened the last time the cheaters choked the big game away?
    Horrible, unspeakable things!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post
    Wrong. You are a liar. Simple as that, troll. You and your buddy Tx, two of a kind. Perfectly happy to ruin a thread, or someone else's good time because your life is a miserable existence. How sad.
    Good catch

I've been thinking the same for a while

The egos and agenda by some on this board is truly pathetic.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    As usual, you started it. Right there.
    As usual, you're wrong, and you're becoming transparent

That so called "serious football" discussion quickly turned into a biased bunch of crap with some of the comments made, no different from any other troll on this board.

You've slipped, you waited in the weeds too long, came out to jump on troll lap.

Exposed.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 06-30-2012 at 01:49 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fortunately the JI ignore function is large enough to include the TX chowd troll subdivision and the DDNY SOJF troll division....both

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2