Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Bart Scott moving to Strong Safety?

Is Bart Scott moving to Strong Safety?

The guy looks as big as Drew Coleman right now. Who the hell told him to lose THAT much weight. That's disgusting .... Players these days think they are naturally going to gain speed by losing weight ... NO ... not the case. Dude you're an inside linebacker who's physical against the run and sucks in coverage. A diet isn't going to fix that. The weight loss IMO is going to be worse for him. It may take the one thing he's good at and make him not good at anything.

Hall Of Fame
    I agree. He is going to get killed in the run game.

Same goes for QBs that bulk up. Not a good thing.

[QUOTE=LadainianIMnotDONE;4503822]The guy looks as big as Drew Coleman right now. Who the hell told him to lose THAT much weight. That's disgusting .... Players these days think they are naturally going to gain speed by losing weight ... NO ... not the case. Dude you're an inside linebacker who's physical against the run and sucks in coverage. A diet isn't going to fix that. The weight loss IMO is going to be worse for him. It may take the one thing he's good at and make him not good at anything.[/QUOTE]

Have a picture we can compare one to the other. [IMG]http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/0608/ny_a_bart-scott_mb_300.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by Raider9175; 06-29-2012 at 03:48 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Its Bart's last season with the Jets. If all goes well, Davis should be seeing increased playing time as the season goes on.

this thread is useless without pics, but one guy who really got massive is aaron Maybin [IMG]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/gallery/files/3/2/0/1/ROR_2012minicamp13.jpg[/IMG]

the dude is back on the stuff he was taking just before his NFL combine. hope he keeps all of it for the season.

[QUOTE=sec.101row23;4503833]Its Bart's last season with the Jets. If all goes well, Davis should be seeing increased playing time as the season goes on.[/QUOTE]

Davis is pretty small too, he'll need to bulk up to play running downs on the inside

All Pro
    4 3, 46 I called it as soon as I saw they drafted Coples, and DD. Then you read about the weight loss. No brainer. Plenty big enough for that.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4503823]I agree. He is going to get killed in the run game.

Same goes for QBs that bulk up. Not a good thing.[/QUOTE]
    What about that article or thread where it was mentioned that the base D was moving to 4-3 or a 46? Wouldn't that imply a "change of duties" for the LB corp?

And, yes, [I]reaching[/I] is something I do as well as Manute Bol. :D :yes:

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4503853]4 3, 46 I called it as soon as I saw they drafted Coples, and DD. Then you read about the weight loss. No brainer. Plenty big enough for that.[/QUOTE]
    Nice; beat me.

[QUOTE=LadainianIMnotDONE;4503822]The guy looks as big as Drew Coleman right now. Who the hell told him to lose THAT much weight. That's disgusting .... Players these days think they are naturally going to gain speed by losing weight ... NO ... not the case. Dude you're an inside linebacker who's physical against the run and sucks in coverage. A diet isn't going to fix that. The weight loss IMO is going to be worse for him. It may take the one thing he's good at and make him not good at anything.[/QUOTE]

What are you basing this on?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4503823]

He is going to get killed in the run game.

[/QUOTE]

Are you saying there was a time he [I]didn't[/I]?

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :D I think Bart Scott has been in the league long enough to know what weight works for him.....not seen anyone around here suit up for an NFL team lately to make such a statement.

Bart out of control

We need Scott to be that vocal out of his
    mind player that spoke after the NE win.

He probably is responding to Rex talking him
    out during passing situations, a faster lighter
    Scott isn't necessarily a bad thing.

The Jets need to get a whole lot faster,

All Pro
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4503905]Are you saying there was a time he [I]didn't[/I]?

SAR I[/QUOTE]

good one Tex

Rookie
    losing some weight will make a person a little faster. And he will still be able to take on the RBs. Not too many RBs weighing more than 230 lbs. It's a passing league now. Stop worrying about the run.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE]Not too many RBs weighing more than 230 lbs.[/QUOTE]

No one is worrying about him tackling running backs. We are worried about him getting thrown around like a rag doll by offensive linemen.

Rookie
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4503923]No one is worrying about him tackling running backs. We are worried about him getting thrown around like a rag doll by offensive linemen.[/QUOTE]

If that happens then you have a legitimate complaint. I doubt that happens. 10 lbs won't make a difference.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Diego Jet Fan;4503916]We need Scott to be that vocal out of his
    mind player that spoke after the NE win.

He probably is responding to Rex talking him
    out during passing situations, a faster lighter
    Scott isn't necessarily a bad thing.

The Jets need to get a whole lot faster,[/QUOTE]

He's actually did this in response to the team telling him he needed to do it before the off season. No matter what they say they are changing their philosophy from a 3 man front to a 4 man front, and they knew this before the off season. I realize they played a lot of 4 man last year, but the philosophy was still the same. Now we're going with 4 big bodies trying to penetrate, instead of standing up their man. Then they need a MLB to read the play and flow up to the ball, instead of two big men filling gaps. If Bart isn't any quicker at this new weight, he just won't play, but I'll bet he is, because he was way out of shape last year. We'll see.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4503923]No one is worrying about him tackling running backs. We are worried about him getting thrown around like a rag doll by offensive linemen.[/QUOTE]

If a lineman gets to him then it's a blown play by the d line.

Hall Of Fame
    We do not have the personnel for a true 4-3 and the 46 is obsolete b.c it is vulnerable to the outside run and quick passing game, two things we sucked at last year. We signed some big safeties that will help with the 46 but we never addressed our main problem which was covering the TE. Neither Landry or Bell are good cover safeties.

IMO all the talk about changing defensive schemes is overblown. The Jets don't have a true base defense, they will run a variation of all the defenses and they are game plan specific. The days of the true 3-4 went out the window Week 1 2010 when Jenkins got rolled up on.

Back to Scott. Being a step faster is not going to fix Scott's problems in coverage. He is built to move forwards, not backwards. I do not think it is smart to make him try to change his game this late in his career. We need him to be able to take on blocks and free things up for Harris. I am one of the fans who think Scott gets underrated by other fans. I think he has done exactly what he was brought here to do. Same goes for Pace. It is not Scott's fault that the Jets can't cover TEs.