Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shark notes on...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=PaPZ187;4504435]I am also an Italian American and I'm not offended personally.

[B]However I realize some may be offended by terms like that which is why I don't use them, out of respect towards others[/B].

Sent from my LG-P999[/QUOTE]

Some in Brooklyn seem to be offended by God bless the USA by Lee Greenwood...:eek:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q65KZIqay4E[/url]
    Last edited by Savage69; 06-30-2012 at 08:44 PM.

All League
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4504346]What is the difference between Bleacher Report, Yahoo Sports and ProFootballTalk?

All 3 have said the exact same thing about Rex.[/QUOTE]

You mean they all ran that same article from February?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4504346]What is the difference between Bleacher Report, Yahoo Sports and ProFootballTalk?

All 3 have said the exact same thing about Rex.

Come on 0515, you know anything negative written about Rex or the Jets will be automatically dismissed by Jets fans as not legitimate.[/QUOTE]

They all said the Giants had no chance in the Superbowl...Twice now, and Tom Brady chuckled and said something like. " Sure we'll only score 17 points...yeah right" and there's a bunch of little kids in Honduras wearing 19-0 t-shirts.

[QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4504607]They all said the Giants had no chance in the Superbowl...Twice now, and Tom Brady chuckled and said something like. " Sure we'll only score 17 points...yeah right" and there's a bunch of little kids in Honduras wearing 19-0 t-shirts.[/QUOTE]

Turning point of Gmen season was beating us. Victor Cruz destroyed us on that long TD pass...that broke our season along w/Denver loss to Tebow!

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=Shark99;4504919]Turning point of Gmen season was beating us. Victor Cruz destroyed us on that long TD pass...that broke our season along w/Denver loss to Tebow![/QUOTE]

Turning point for the Giants, was that the Eagles and Cowboys didn't show up in their division in 2011.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Shark99;4504919]Turning point of Gmen season was beating us. Victor Cruz destroyed us on that long TD pass...that broke our season along w/Denver loss to Tebow![/QUOTE]

Yeah Denver was our turning point. Actually that one missed angle by Smith, and it's a different season(IMO). My point is that it's ignorant to say we don't have a chance, or what it takes. That stuff is all based on feelings. If one analyst had said with conviction that the Giants were going to win the Super bowl after they were 7-7 then I'd listen to that guy now. They still have complete confidence when they say what can and cannot happen, but I guess that's what they have to do in their jobs. These internet analysts however are just a little short sighted to put it nicely. You've never once heard me say anything was a sure thing, because football is a game of inches, and everything can turn by the bounce of the ball, or a half a step. You can't trust your eyes because a game or a play can look completely different from one minute to the next. We'll see what happens, but don't let anyone bring you down. We've been playing meaningful games in December every year, and then you always have a chance to get on a roll. I remember when that wasn't true, and I'm going to enjoy this time. I hope we never go back. With our owner, GM, and coach I don't think we will. Those guys that want to fire Rex or Tanny are crazy, or stupid, or they just have short memories.

[QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4505025]Yeah Denver was our turning point. Actually that one missed angle by Smith, and it's a different season(IMO). My point is that it's ignorant to say we don't have a chance, or what it takes. That stuff is all based on feelings. If one analyst had said with conviction that the Giants were going to win the Super bowl after they were 7-7 then I'd listen to that guy now. They still have complete confidence when they say what can and cannot happen, but I guess that's what they have to do in their jobs. These internet analysts however are just a little short sighted to put it nicely. You've never once heard me say anything was a sure thing, because football is a game of inches, and everything can turn by the bounce of the ball, or a half a step. You can't trust your eyes because a game or a play can look completely different from one minute to the next. We'll see what happens, but don't let anyone bring you down. We've been playing meaningful games in December every year, and then you always have a chance to get on a roll. I remember when that wasn't true, and I'm going to enjoy this time. I hope we never go back. With our owner, GM, and coach I don't think we will. Those guys that want to fire Rex or Tanny are crazy, or stupid, or they just have short memories.[/QUOTE]

Well said.

[QUOTE=Jordy;4504350]He lost his credibility right there.

If anything, the Jets have gotten much younger on defense.[/QUOTE]

Excellent point. We were old at linebacker and on the defensive line and the secondary. We've added youth and need to make significant improvements this year.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4504564]Some in Brooklyn seem to be offended by God bless the USA by Lee Greenwood...:eek:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q65KZIqay4E[/url][/QUOTE]

Thanks one of my favorite songs of all time. After 911 I listened to this song everyday and cried as I looked out my window to the view of where the Twin Towers used to be....

And the truth is I still cry when I hear it....
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 07-02-2012 at 08:34 PM.