Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shark notes on...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Shark notes on...

Rex Ryan

Our beloved, big mouth, brash, cocky, funny coach.

Has he guaranteed Super Bowl several times and not delivered so far. Yes! However, we are Giants little brother and always have since Broadway Joe times. Rex has put us on the map. The guy is great. He is passionate, he cries, he knows defense and realizes our offense was pitiful w/Schotty at the helm. His solution was dump him...replace him w/ a Ginzo from the Fish/Miami Dolphins etc.

Ladies, Gentlemen, kids the floor is now yours to discuss... Lets have fun w/this topic...

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    :D Not much to really discuss...we have one of the best coaches in the league...year one (including playoffs) 11 wins year two 13 wins and a bad 8-8 season....yeah he predicted superbowls and it did not happen.....are supposed to kill him for that forever....I moved on with that...last I saw Rex himself said he said somethings that he should not have said....thats the past...now it's about getting ready for the 2013 season.

[QUOTE=Shark99;4503909]Rex Ryan

Our beloved, big mouth, brash, cocky, funny coach.

Has he guaranteed Super Bowl several times and not delivered so far. Yes! However, we are Giants little brother and always have since Broadway Joe times. Rex has put us on the map. The guy is great. He is passionate, he cries, he knows defense and realizes our offense was pitiful w/Schotty at the helm. His solution was dump him...replace him w/ a Ginzo from the Fish/Miami Dolphins etc.

Ladies, Gentlemen, kids the floor is now yours to discuss... Lets have fun w/this topic...[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    My favorite segment is back.
    On the topic I'd say as long as we get the plays in on time, run routes past the first down markers, and don't go empty backfield on 3rd and 1 then we're way ahead of the game.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/6ec/2df/2bf/resized/generic-indian-guy-meme-generator-thank-you-come-again-128a52..jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tony Sparano is an American of Italian heritage..

The moron OP referring him with the slur Ginzo should hopefully get him banned

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4503945]Tony Sparano is an American of Italian heritage..

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

Big deal....Get over it!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

As an Italian I am NOT offended.

How many mods did you PM your report to?

Grow some.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 06-29-2012 at 06:27 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4503953]As an Italian I am NOT offended.

Grow some.[/QUOTE]

None actually...but rather than having to read any more of your mongoloid posts here...you are reporting to my SOJF section of my ignore list...

Say hello to your buddies..Rextilleon...Mainejet and DBAKE

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    So what? He's predicted a Super Bowl as a head coach. This man believes in his team. Still doesn't change the fact that he's led us to two AFC Championship games during a 3 year span for the first time in franchise history. Coached our defense to 3 consecutive seasons of ranking top 5 in the league; franchise record. Who cares that he's predicted a super bowl victory for this franchise? How many coaches have we had that A.) Never predicted a SB, B.) Never made the playoffs 2 out of 3 years and C.) Never once finished with a top 5 defense? The list is many.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Tony Sparano is a welcomed Italian change of pace...breath of fresh air!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4503953]As an Italian I am NOT offended.

Grow some.[/QUOTE]

Agreed as an Italian...

Comedy is all right its not meant in a negative or hurtful way. Many comedians joke around about it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsfreak;4503913]:D Not much to really discuss...we have one of the best coaches in the league...year one (including playoffs) 11 wins year two 13 wins and a bad 8-8 season....yeah he predicted superbowls and it did not happen.....are supposed to kill him for that forever....I moved on with that...last I saw Rex himself said he said somethings that he should not have said....thats the past...now it's about getting ready for the 2013 season.[/QUOTE]

Excellent point & Rex is still relatively young in terms of head coaching & has made adjustments..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Shark99;4504060]Excellent point & Rex is still relatively young in terms of head coaching & has made adjustments..[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately Rex has to go. He spent three years talking about how we are the kings of new York, then when given the opportunity to prove it he fails. The Super Bowl garuntees who cares about, too many this have to go your way to win a SB. Winning NY is in your direct controll and he failed.

This will hopefully be Rex's last year with the Jets.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another refreshing thread.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Funaz;4504310]Unfortunately Rex has to go. He spent three years talking about how we are the kings of new York, then when given the opportunity to prove it he fails. [B]The Super Bowl garuntees who cares about, too many this have to go your way to win a SB[/B]. Winning NY is in your direct controll and he failed.

This will hopefully be Rex's last year with the Jets.[/QUOTE]

What???

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4503961]None actually...but rather than having to read any more of your mongoloid posts here...you are reporting to my SOJF section of my ignore list...

Say hello to your buddies..Rextilleon...Mainejet and DBAKE

Being "special" (hated it when they called me challanged) and technically a mongoloid I take exception to your slur. Mods please ban.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4503963]So what? He's predicted a Super Bowl as a head coach. This man believes in his team. Still doesn't change the fact that he's led us to two AFC Championship games during a 3 year span for the first time in franchise history. Coached our defense to 3 consecutive seasons of ranking top 5 in the league; franchise record. Who cares that he's predicted a super bowl victory for this franchise? How many coaches have we had that A.) Never predicted a SB, B.) Never made the playoffs 2 out of 3 years and C.) Never once finished with a top 5 defense? The list is many.[/QUOTE]

With all those significant accomplishments, then why is Rex on the hotseat?

[B]2. Rex Ryan, New York Jets[/B]

Rex Ryan's act is beginning to get a little old in New York. Following a year of in-fighting and a misfiring offense, Ryan now has a divided and aging squad that can no longer back up his brash claims.

Ryan has constructed the New York Jets to win now, but the team that made it to consecutive AFC Championship Games following the 2009 and 2010 seasons now seems beset by major problems in crucial areas. Quarterback Mark Sanchez seems to have taken a big step back in his development and Ryan's defense has gotten old at key positions.

There may simply be too much to do return the Jets to Super Bowl contention in 2012. If Ryan can't address the issues amongst the team, the fans and press will likely start to call loudly for his head.

[url]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...n-2012/page/10[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4504338]With all those significant accomplishments, then why is Rex on the hotseat?

Rex Ryan's act is beginning to get a little old in New York. Following a year of in-fighting and a misfiring offense, Ryan now has a divided and aging squad that can no longer back up his brash claims.

Ryan has constructed the New York Jets to win now, but the team that made it to consecutive AFC Championship Games following the 2009 and 2010 seasons now seems beset by major problems in crucial areas. Quarterback Mark Sanchez seems to have taken a big step back in his development and Ryan's defense has gotten old at key positions.

There may simply be too much to do return the Jets to Super Bowl contention in 2012. If Ryan can't address the issues amongst the team, the fans and press will likely start to call loudly for his head.

[url]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...n-2012/page/10[/url][/QUOTE]

Well I guess that's it then

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4504338]With all those significant accomplishments, then why is Rex on the hotseat?

[url]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...n-2012/page/10[/url][/QUOTE]

The Bleacher Report?

If you ever knock a source again, I'm linking this post.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4504335]What???[/QUOTE]
    I don't think English is his first language.

As for the lack of football knowledge, well that's a different story.
    Last edited by Jordy; 06-30-2012 at 11:45 AM.