Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: JETS NEED BRAYLON FOR HIS SWAG AND TUDE

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    My guess is that Braylon Edwards is still hobbled. Andre Carter is in the same boat. 10 sacks in 13 games last year and a very good overall performance against the run and no offers.
    Thank you. It takes a pats fan to point out the obvious.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Thank you. It takes a pats fan to point out the obvious.
    Of course, it always helps having knowledgeable posters on a message board.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Of course, it always helps having knowledgeable posters on a message board.
    Who's your favorite Patriot growing up? My guess would be Grogan, Tippet or Craig James

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Who's your favorite Patriot growing up? My guess would be Grogan, Tippet or Craig James
    More like Babe Parilli and Jim Nance..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    More like Babe Parilli and Jim Nance..
    Really, he's a little older than I figured than, I figured he was low 40's

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really, he's a little older than I figured than, I figured he was low 40's
    He has socks that old.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He has socks that old.
    Thats funny, good one. I'm impressed by you older guys on the message boards, who do you think is the oldest poster and how old is he? At least give me an idea of the age (if you dont wanna say who it is)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thats funny, good one. I'm impressed by you older guys on the message boards, who do you think is the oldest poster and how old is he? At least give me an idea of the age (if you dont wanna say who it is)
    I'd guess about 65. And he's a regular poster.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, thats cool, wouldn't have guessed mid sixties, older than the the franchise

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    I certainly don't forget Braylon's contributions in 2010. My post did not focus exclusively on 2011. Why do you persistently ignore the entire body of Braylon's work in the NFL, including his off-field issues in Cleveland and on the Jets? If you'd look at that, you'd see why Cleveland was happy to get rid of him (too many drops there and bad off field issues - LaBron James and such) and then his less than stellar performance for the Jets in 2009. 2010 was an anomaly, Jordy. It was inconsistent with much of the rest of his career but for his spectacular 2007 season. 2007 was the only season he broke 1,000 yards. Face it. He has been a HUGE disappointment based on expectations due to his great college career at Michigan and overall #3 draft selection. His off the field baggage is continual and a serious problem.

In sum, Braylon was a decent WR that never lived up to his potential. And my speculation is that he did something to royally piss off Woody/Tannenbaum and/or Rex, despite what Rex has said publicly, because the Jets didn't give him any chance of returning. Maybe it was the humiliating DWI after Woody arranged for a private car service for all of his players to avoid such things. Why you, Vin and others virtually deify him is beyond comprehension. Great college player who had 1 excellent NFL season and a couple of good ones in 8 years. 5 mediocre to bad seasons. NFL GMs shun him and not one other player said anything in support of him after the 2010 season. That should tell you something. Nothing personal against him. I wish him luck if and when he lands with a 4th team.
    I don't care what he did in Cleveland. And obviously the Jets didn't either or they wouldn't have traded for him.

And why would his teammates feel the need to support him after the 2010 season? Did they come out and support Santonio Holmes after the 2010 season?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't care what he did in Cleveland. And obviously the Jets didn't either or they wouldn't have traded for him.

And why would his teammates feel the need to support him after the 2010 season? Did they come out and support Santonio Holmes after the 2010 season?
    Actually I remember a lot of interviews where players were asked about whether we'd be able to sign all of out free agents. We had like 6 starters that year. They all mentioned getting Holmes signed and none would talk about Braylon. You could tell they were not going to resign him. I'm not clear on what it was about, and I was not happy about it at the time. I wanted both of them, but it was pretty clear there was some sort of problem with Brlaylon.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Actually I remember a lot of interviews where players were asked about whether we'd be able to sign all of out free agents. We had like 6 starters that year. They all mentioned getting Holmes signed and none would talk about Braylon. You could tell they were not going to resign him. I'm not clear on what it was about, and I was not happy about it at the time. I wanted both of them, but it was pretty clear there was some sort of problem with Brlaylon.
    There's a lot of conflicting stories. Not much makes sense.

Four months after Edwards' DWI arrest grabbed headlines, the talented wide receiver has stayed on a straight and narrow path, helping the Jets reach a second consecutive AFC Championship Game.

"He's emerging more as a leader," tight end Dustin Keller said. "Now, he's settled in and will speak up. Guys really respect that."

"He's gone from a guy that used to work and get through practice to a guy that's now pushing himself to different levels," Schottenhemer said. "That's what's paying off for him in games."

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011...raylon-edwards

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I always say it...Bring Back Bray!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Jordy, there were several players who spoke about signing Holmes specifically as well as another one or two FAs (I think Cro). Amazingly, not a peep from any of them about Edwards. The silence was obvious and deafening. When evaluating the player, it would be foolish to ignore his entore body of work, including Cleveland, as well as his chronic off-field troubles. Sorry, but you over value his significance. He contributed nicely to the Jets for a season. No great loss.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Jesus Christ we're not getting Braylon back. Sorry guys, I wanted him back too but the subject has been beaten to death. Jets made that clear last week.

Stephen Hill and our other young receivers are the Jets future now.
    Agreed.

By the way this love poem is nice but the iambic pentameter needs work

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just mention Curtis Martin and you'll flush him out of his shuffleboard game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    Just mention Curtis Martin and you'll flush him out of his shuffleboard game.
    But don't drink from that champagne glass in his avatar.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Why haven't any one of these 32 GM's gone as far as even offering Braylon Edwards an invite to training camp?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would say it'd have to be Thomas Jefferson, and John Adams

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I would say it'd have to be Thomas Jefferson, and John Adams
    Good one, he never answered...lol