Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 176

Thread: JETS NEED BRAYLON FOR HIS SWAG AND TUDE

  1. #141
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,057
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll take Jeff George any day. I love that man's unbridled confidence. The stuff of legends there.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT2Hu9Zl8ac

  2. #142
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,541
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I'll take Jeff George any day. I love that man's unbridled confidence. The stuff of legends there.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT2Hu9Zl8ac
    Sorry man, but he was a hair better than Ryan Leaf

  3. #143
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,057
    Post Thanks / Like
    if that's what he was - so be it. I'll take it. I'm in love with his arm. I can't deny it.

  4. #144
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,678
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Only sniveling Jet fans can tear down their teams wins and make excuses for why their QB won games.

    Are you ever fu(king happy? Ever?

    Yeah, lets not loose sight of reality.

    Wins are not because of our QB.

    But the loses sure are.

    Pathetic fanbase.
    So someone disagrees with you and you take it to a personal level.

    Good job.

    If you're one thing, it's consistent.

  5. #145
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,678
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    You could have ended your post, without the last sentence, and there probably wouldn't have been a response, it ends there.

    But that wasn't your intention, that much is obvious. The smarmy "I'm the victim" routine is becoming transparent, no matter how hard Jordy waves his pom poms, he's just still butthurt from being owned all week by me and others on this board.

    DELUSION - IT REALLY EXISTS

  6. #146
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,541
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    if that's what he was - so be it. I'll take it. I'm in love with his arm. I can't deny it.
    I'm just messin with ya but he did have a million dollar arm and a ten cent head

  7. #147
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    898
    Post Thanks / Like
    The entire 90's have been my favorite era of football (the way the game was played, not in regards to being a Jets fan) and there's no way Jeff George ranks as a top 10 QB of the 1990's.

    Dan Marino.
    Steve Young.
    John Elway.
    Troy Aikman.
    Brett Favre.
    Jim Kelly.
    Warren Moon.
    Randall Cunningham.
    Joe Montana: His 4 years of the 90's were more successful than Jeff's entire career.

    I'd even take QB's such as Rich Gannon and a prime Mark Brunell of the 90's over George. With all that said, he did have a cannon for an arm. He reminds me of Jay Cutler of today, and no way Cutler ranks as a top 10 QB of the 2000's.

  8. #148
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Browning Nagle had a million dollar arm...


    Also ( like.Jeff George and Ryan "Leaf" Mallet.)....

    A ten cent brain

    Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

  9. #149
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    is this a sonnet??
    No, to many lines and wrong rhyming scheme.

  10. #150
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,678
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post

    A ten cent brain

    Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    I think you're selling yourself short by about a nickel.

  11. #151
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    25,839
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jeff George debate is ridiculous. Great arm?

    Ryan Leaf
    Dan McGwire
    JeMarcus Russell

    All these guys had cannon arms. George was a little better than these guys, had all the talent in the world, but was a jerk that didn't command a knowledge of the game, respect of his teammates, and a desire to be a winner.

    Chad Pennington, with his rinky dink arm, was a way better QB than Jeff George ever was.

  12. #152
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,688
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    So someone disagrees with you and you take it to a personal level.

    Good job.

    If you're one thing, it's consistent.
    Shut up old man, you're senile. You call people names then say big deal before complaining that they called you names. You think you're the JI police, calling out everything you decide is wrong.

    Then get pissed because I, along with almost everyone in this thread, has called you out for the same things.

  13. #153
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,678
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Shut up old man, you're senile. You call people names then say big deal before complaining that they called you names. You think you're the JI police, calling out everything you decide is wrong.

    Then get pissed because I, along with almost everyone in this thread, has called you out for the same things.
    I actually argue with very few. You, Rah Rah and DWC take up the vast majority of it. It just seems like more because the 3 of you never shut up.

    Where did I call you a name? I challenged what you said (like I told you I would because you talk like such a know-it-all) and you respond with name-calling. I back up what I say with facts and links. Or at least say it's my opinion. You like to throw **** out there and hope some of it sticks or no one notices that you're wrong. Or no one wants to challenge you because you like to play the bully like Rah Rah does.

    Like I said. You are one thing and that is consistent.
    Last edited by Jordy; 07-05-2012 at 10:03 AM.

  14. #154
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Browning Nagle had a million dollar arm...


    Also ( like.Jeff George and Ryan "Leaf" Mallet.)....

    A ten cent brain

    Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    I've seen Jeff George and even Browning Nagle run an NFL offense, but never Ryan Mallet. Have you?

  15. #155
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    898
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    I've seen Jeff George and even Browning Nagle run an NFL offense, but never Ryan Mallet. Have you?
    Hopefully you're not expecting "Ryan Mallet" to become NE's potential replacement to Tom Brady. That could become a disaster waiting to happen. He's a 3rd round draft pick who's already 24 years of age (not what you consider a spring chicken). By the time Brady retires (4-5 years from now) he'll be 28-29 years old with just about zero real-time-speed in regards to professional playing time on an NFL level. Preseason quarters and the practice fields can't compare. This isn't an Aaron Rodgers/Brett Favre type of situation, so let's not act like it is; Aaron Rodgers was starting under center at the age of 23/24. The same can't (and won't) be said for Ryan Mallet. I'm not sure of any team that would actually trade for a 25-26 year old 3rd rounder, and I'm not quite sure that Ryan Mallet want's to spend the majority of his young career backing up Tom Brady. Chances are, he'll leave as a free agent ala the Patriots currently developing his quarterback talents for another team.
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 07-05-2012 at 12:44 PM.

  16. #156
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    Chances are, he'll leave as a free agent ala the Patriots currently developing his quarterback talents for another team.
    First off, there is not such term as "ala", it's " la."

    Second, you obviously have no idea what it means so stop using it in an attempt to sound smarter that you are.

    If you can't substitute: "in the style or manner of" then it doesn't make sense.

    So: "Chances are, he'll leave as a free agent in the style or manner of the Patriots currently developing his quarterback talents for another team" makes no sense.

    Rule of thumb: Never use words or phrases you don't understand.

    Now carry on.

  17. #157
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    Hopefully you're not expecting "Ryan Mallet" to become NE's potential replacement to Tom Brady.
    And why the **** do you put quotation marks around someone's name?

  18. #158
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,678
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    And why the **** do you put quotation marks around someone's name?
    Because he's a self-absorbed nincompoop.

  19. #159
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Because he's a self-absorbed nincompoop.
    See? I knew we would eventually find common ground.



    And to answer Philly Statz, no, i don't expect Mallet to be the Pats next franchise QB, but it wouldn't surprise me to see a high 2nd round pick resulting from his 3rd round slot. And while we wait, he's added insurance in case Brady gets hurt and Hoyer craps the bed. Certainly more insurance than a 60 year old Brunnel was for you guys last year. Besides, we like his swag and 'tude.

  20. #160
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,541
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    And why the **** do you put quotation marks around someone's name?
    Maybe you need a break...Sounds like your vagina is bleeding

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us