Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 176

Thread: JETS NEED BRAYLON FOR HIS SWAG AND TUDE

  1. #21
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Great post and I agree with it 100%. If we are going to put Sanchez in the best position to succeed, then we are going to have Braylon Edwards on the team. It's that simple IMO.

    However, I do not believe the Jets FO feels the same way.

    I thought I also heard he resigned with the Niners, right?
    You hate McKnight, but love The beard's attitude. priceless. If you had your way we have a whole team of back stabbing, selfish little MeShawns

  2. #22
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,781
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets have alot of Wr's who are faster and younger than BE in the house. yeah boy!!!

    Hill - 6'4 215 lb - 1st yr 4.3 forty
    Schilens - 6'4 225 lb - 4.3 forty
    Riley - 6'3 210 lb - 2nd yr 4.3 forty
    Ganaway - 6'2 205 lb - 1st yr 4.3 forty

    Atleast 2 of these WR's will contribute alot this yr.. Most likely HILL & SCHILENS will b the 1's makn plays for jets along w/

    1 Holmes #10 WR
    2 KURL #11 WR
    3 Schilens #85 WR
    4 Hill #84 WR
    5 J DUB #17 WR
    6 Keller #81 TE
    7 Smith #83 TE
    8 Greene #23 RB
    9 Ganaway #42 RB
    10 Linthicum #??? TE

  3. #23
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    13,230
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    You hate McKnight, but love The beard's attitude. priceless. If you had your way we have a whole team of back stabbing, selfish little MeShawns
    What attitude might you be speaking of? The BE that we all knew in NY had one f*ck up with the DUI. Other than that, he was a consumate team player. Gave it his all on every single play. Came up big for us in big games. On top of that, all he ever wanted to be was a Jet. Professed his love for Rex Ryan and the team many times over. He just overvalued himself and expected big money. After paying Holmes, there was no way they were going to break the bank for BE. They wanted him back, but for reasonable money. That was the sticking point that caused them to split.

    So where you get the selfish Meshawn crap I'll never know?

  4. #24
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,226
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good chance he'll be out of the league soon, no one wanted him last season even when he was healthy. He barely got over the league min on a one year deal.

  5. #25
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Durham, CA
    Posts
    8,496
    Post Thanks / Like
    merge with : Offensive Playmakers here in 2012. Do we have one?

  6. #26
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,112
    Post Thanks / Like
    Doubt he has much "swag" left after begging for a job for the last 8 months. The Dolphin's took Ocho, who admits to being too stupid to learn a playbook and passed on him. I imagine humble would be a better description.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Good chance he'll be out of the league soon, no one wanted him last season even when he was healthy. He barely got over the league min on a one year deal.
    It amazes me how Jets fans continue to think the Braylon Edwards of 2 years ago can be the same WR in 2012.

    There is a reason none of the 32 teams want anything to do with him.

  8. #28
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    879
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    It amazes me how Jets fans continue to think the Braylon Edwards of 2 years ago can be the same WR in 2012.

    There is a reason none of the 32 teams want anything to do with him.
    Yea it's a shame really when a kid wastes natural talent and never reaches his potential.

  9. #29
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,945
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    Not really no. Sanchez forced the ball to SH a lot more because thats what the coaches told him to do, but he had better chemistry with BE. BE was the #1 reciever that opened up spots of Holmes.

    It doesn't matter though this is a horse long since beaten to death. BE is not coming back. Lets hope Holmes get hurt week 1, with a blown achillies and then we can go with hill and Kerley as our #1 and #2
    I agree with this, except for the achilles part. That was ignorant.

  10. #30
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,675
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    Vin?!

    Sent from my LTEvo
    I'm dead.



    And by the way, Stephen Hill *IS* a better version of Braylon.


    That is all.

  11. #31
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    887
    Post Thanks / Like
    I stopped at swag. -_-
    Hill shows a lot of promise .
    I want to take a chance on the new kid.

    Edwards had his shot with us he wanted more money and went to the 9er's.
    Then they drop him, so let's relax. The Jets already released a statement saying they aren't interested.
    Let's move on folks.

  12. #32
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,160
    Post Thanks / Like
    Post count of 2 and spells Keyshawn wrong- this thread is not worth reading. And, there were multiple reasons why the Jets let Keyshawn go. While not all of those apply to Braylon, it became clear to the FO that Braylon's off-the-field issues were too much for the team to handle. Not that bringing in Plaxico was the brightest idea either but hopefully Stephen Hill has a great career here. I never liked Braylon and was one of the few who was relieved to see him go.

  13. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    898
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    Post count of 2 and spells Keyshawn wrong- this thread is not worth reading. And, there were multiple reasons why the Jets let Keyshawn go. While not all of those apply to Braylon, it became clear to the FO that Braylon's off-the-field issues were too much for the team to handle. Not that bringing in Plaxico was the brightest idea either but hopefully Stephen Hill has a great career here. I never liked Braylon and was one of the few who was relieved to see him go.
    Not only that, but outside of 1 breakout season, he's been a dime a dozen type of outside wide receiver with a history of "the drops". Outside of 2007, Braylon has only averaged 43.5 receptions, 672.3 receiving yards and 3.8 TD's per season (6 years combined). Dime a dozen type of outside wide receiver.

    Not sure what all this Braylon Edwards talk is about, especially considering the fact that we've just drafted (during the 2nd round) a 6'4 kid in Stephen Hill who not only runs a 4.3 flat combined with top of the line jumping ability but also has a boat load of potential when compared to a 29-30 year old WR in Braylon Edwards. Stephen Hill also rated as the 2nd highest run blocking WR coming out of this years draft class. If you're looking for a deep threat, look no more; this kid led the entire nation in average yards per reception (29+ yards per reception). Strong as an ox on the outside, strong run blocking ability which should translate on an NFL football field, a powerful burst off the line combined with elite speed, top of the line jumping ability, a true deep threat and could honestly develop into a top 10 #1 WR as the years go on. Only time will tell, but this kid has all the athletic talents needed in order to become an impact WR.

  14. #34
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    Post count of 2 and spells Keyshawn wrong- this thread is not worth reading. And, there were multiple reasons why the Jets let Keyshawn go. While not all of those apply to Braylon, it became clear to the FO that Braylon's off-the-field issues were too much for the team to handle. Not that bringing in Plaxico was the brightest idea either but hopefully Stephen Hill has a great career here. I never liked Braylon and was one of the few who was relieved to see him go.
    Well it was very clear in that first off season that none of the players wanted him back. There were many who talked about signing Holmes, but when asked about Edwards they all changed the subject. Not one player ever said anything about him staying with the team. That silence speaks volumes

  15. #35
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,426
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    You hate McKnight, but love The beard's attitude. priceless. If you had your way we have a whole team of back stabbing, selfish little MeShawns
    Selfish little MeShawns?

    Jets need a Keyshawn badly, he put it all on the field and walked the talk.

    '98 KJ would complete this offense perfectly and we've yet to replace him.

    KJ wanted to win more than anything.

    "Selfish, little" and "Me" aren't words I'd use for him, especially in today's game.

  16. #36
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Selfish little MeShawns?

    Jets need a Keyshawn badly, he put it all on the field and walked the talk.

    '98 KJ would complete this offense perfectly and we've yet to replace him.

    KJ wanted to win more than anything.

    "Selfish, little" and "Me" aren't words I'd use for him, especially in today's game.
    Okay he wasn't little. What does walk the talk mean?

  17. #37
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5,584
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Great post and I agree with it 100%. If we are going to put Sanchez in the best position to succeed, then we are going to have Braylon Edwards on the team. It's that simple IMO.

    However, I do not believe the Jets FO feels the same way.

    I thought I also heard he resigned with the Niners, right?
    +1
    It's a shame because we missed what he brought to the team last season, but I guess the front office thinks they know what they are doing.

  18. #38
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,997
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    Lol, I did the same thing
    Phonetically:

    KEEE-SHAWN, or is it KEE-SEEN?

    LOL

  19. #39
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,945
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure how so many of you think Stephen Hill can step in year one and duplicate what BE did but I hope you're right.

  20. #40
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I'm not sure how so many of you think Stephen Hill can step in year one and duplicate what BE did but I hope you're right.
    He can't. He doesn't know how to run routes. I don't know if he will or won't ever be good at it, because he didn't have to in college. That's why he was available. However he will be able to do some things Braylon couldn't. Like be taller and faster. If he can learn to sell a curl route, and a double move, he could have a big year just doing that.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us