Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WSJ.Com: Game Changer: NFL Scrambles to Fill Seats

[QUOTE=SAR I;4505201]Here's what you don't get: No PSL owner cares if we don't make back a dollar. We didn't do it for investment potential. We did it to cut the line and get great views, finally, after decades of waiting and suffering in sh-t seats.

If God came down and appeared before me in 1986 and told me that I could pay a measly extra $13 dollars a ticket to jump from #10,586 on the waitlist to first row seats in the Mezzanine, I'd have thanked him and paid with glee. That's what we all just did.

$13 is nothing. It's chump-change. Want a good cause to combat? Want a good fight to fight? Here, here's one:

A pack-a-day smoker spends $4,015 a year on cigarettes. In 30 years, a smoker will have spent $120,450 on cigarettes.

A PSL owner spends $130 for the fee on Jets games. A PSL owner will have spent $4,000 on Jets games.

Go bother someone else with your anti-PSL agenda. We're happy here. It's nothing, chump-change for those who can afford it in a stadium that's 96% sold out with vastly higher prices and commitments. Go Jets.

SAR I[/QUOTE]
    As solid a post as JI has ever seen.

Ticket prices are the big issue. If you look at the article it shows prices have gone up/attendance has gone down. It's all basic supply and demand.

I don't have the numbers in front of me but I'd be confident to say 75% of the teams out there have built a new stadium in the past 10-12 years and most of them catered more to corporate fans with luxury boxes, suites, etc. and also charged fans a PSL and higher ticket prices. A lot of fans have cut back on the number of games they attend as a result.

There also is stubhub which allows a lot of fans to cherry pick their games.

Lastly is the cost of everything else. I have a $95 upper deck ticket and I tailgate so I don't buy much inside. One of the reasons is the price. $5 for a bottle of water? :eek: Forget about beer the idea of buying a crappy bud light beer for what would be the cost of a 6 pack of Heineken sickens me.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=The Band;4504975]I`m just going to smile about this whole thing. :) Maybe there is a God? I have been praying the NFL fails in their greed driven business. Maybe prayers are being answered slowly. Slow death. Cool. The entire NFL gameday experience has changed drastically over the years. Good for them. I will continue to pray that even more fans stay home where the "experience" is much better. Eventually the games will become so boring to watch because no one is there in the stadium. TV stations will not be bothered giving the NFL billions anymore. So as far as my predictions have been going. Spot on so far. :yes:[/QUOTE]

I ve been listening to these same dumba#sed prayers from you for years now, ray and so has Dcat. The only prayers that really have been answered are those of the other StHs in 349 and the poor souls who had to listen to your blasting your godawful heavy metal "band" music in the parking lot now that you have thankfully decided to stay home, drink your gallon of beer there and no longer annoy them.

As for your predictions Nostradumba-s, you predicted that the Jets would finish 5-11 in 2009 and 6-10 in 2011 before I stopped looking at your stupid predictions
    Last edited by sg3; 07-02-2012 at 05:02 AM.

What I don't get about "The Band" is why is he here if he wants to see the NFL fail? Why are you wasting your time on an NFL fan bases' message board? What kind of rise does bashing everything in life get you?

[QUOTE=124;4505345]What I don't get about "The Band" is why is he here if he wants to see the NFL fail? Why are you wasting your time on an NFL fan bases' message board? What kind of rise does bashing everything in life get you?[/QUOTE]

He does the exact same thing on another board. Yet there he has friends who support his absurdity.

If you look at article it shows a picture of a Bengals game which averages the lowest attendance in league. But almost entire lower bowl is packed it is upper deck with empty seats.

From a personal point of view I have a list of friends who want to attend games with me in my lower sideline seats and pay me for the ticket. I have to beg to get someone to go with me in my upper deck seats and most likely I have to pay for the ticket.

People want to sit between goal line and 25 yard line and pay the PSL holder face for the ticket. My friend in LSL at $145 a ticket could take dozens of friends each year to his LSL seats at $145 but his row 16 UD Prime seats at $125 he has yet to have anyone sit with him up there.

There are simply not enough good seats in New Meadowlands stadium with reasonable ticket prices. Mezz A corners, LL TC, LGL, LSL and LSL Prime and UD between the 20s first 9 rows and some LL EZ seats are only good seats with reasonable ticket prices.

The $50 and $75 seats except the ones by the aisle close to being a true sideline seat for most part are worthless. It is a lot of time and effort to get to game so why save $75 bucks and not see game.

Even the Bengals realize this. The Pats actually have a pretty small stadium, no UD EZ at all and are always 100% sold out. They realized they aint selling out on a regular basis the bad seats so why have them.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4504115]Ironically, what the NFL thinks the in-stadium fan needs is way off too. We go to the games for [I]less [/I]media, not more. We go to the games to watch the [I]games[/I]. To escape the internet, the channel-changing, the screaming kids, the distractions. We go to the games to interact with the Jets fans sitting right next to us, yet the league is doing everything possible so we can't even have a conversation because of all the noise. Now they want to give us 'services' that mimic what we can get in our living rooms? Why wouldn't we stay in our living rooms then?

If ever I leave season-ticket-holderdom it will be because the PA system and the constant bombardment of noise and distraction has chased me out.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

That is what the NBA does and it is really distracting as a fan to listen to piped in noise... just play the game...

Here's what you don't get: No PSL owner cares if we don't make back a dollar. We didn't do it for investment potential. We did it to cut the line and get great views, finally, after decades of waiting and suffering in sh-t seats.

If God came down and appeared before me in 1986 and told me that I could pay a measly extra $13 dollars a ticket to jump from #10,586 on the waitlist to first row seats in the Mezzanine, I'd have thanked him and paid with glee. That's what we all just did.

$13 is nothing. It's chump-change. Want a good cause to combat? Want a good fight to fight? Here, here's one:

A pack-a-day smoker spends $4,015 a year on cigarettes. In 30 years, a smoker will have spent $120,450 on cigarettes.

A PSL owner spends $130 for the fee on Jets games. A PSL owner will have spent $4,000 on Jets games.

Go bother someone else with your anti-PSL agenda. We're happy here. It's nothing, chump-change for those who can afford it in a stadium that's 96% sold out with vastly higher prices and commitments. Go Jets.

SAR I

SAR statement is not that well thought out.

If you prayed to God in 1986 and he answered your prayers for row one mezz seats he would not charge you for the seats. What would God use money for anyhow?

An adult pack a day smoker most likely could not smoke another 30 years as the smoking would kill him before 30 years were up.

The math on PSL fees leaves out the use of funds. For instance when one bought two 10K PSLs for a total of 20K that lasts for 30 years one could have bought a 30 year tax free AAA muni with a 5% coupon. That would be 1k a year interest for 30 years for a total of 30K, plus the 20K PSL which would be worthless at end of stadium.

One would be spending 50K over 30 years. Not 20K, now if one reinvested the 1k interest each year into another bond, compounding of interest we are talking a lot more.

I love my PSL seats, but they are up there with jetskis, speedboats and time shares as investments for the most part.

[QUOTE=FlagmanL11;4505435]That is what the NBA does and it is really distracting as a fan to listen to piped in noise... just play the game...[/QUOTE]

It really works for Nets. I love fact they only have four players under contract and selling season tickets. Must be the pumped in noise fans like

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=NY2FLDWC85;4504563]Tim Tebow will be featured as a quarterback; as the center piece of a Tony Sparano ran Wildcat Formation. We called this package the [B]'Razor-Back'[/B] formation with Brad Smith running it and we also called it our "Seminole' formation with Leon Washington. We're on the verge of calling this our 'Gator package'.

I can't think of a stronger quarterback to run a Wildcat formation. I can't think of a better offensive coordinator to run the formation when compared to Sparano and last but not least? Tebow rushing behind a great run blocking Nick Mangold? I can't imagine a better 1-2 punch.[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. He played for the Missouri Tigers, I think it was still called the Seminole and the Wild Cat.

_