Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Woody Johnson Is An Expert On Constitutional Law, In His Mind

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=copernicus;4504305]Mr Johnson's opinion [B]holds more weight, dangerously[/B], because of his money, for the common person in America.............[/QUOTE]

As do the opinions of Obamer and Holder. Which is why they should have kept their mouths shut during the Trayvon Martin investigation.

Its a two-way street.

Also, not for nothing but I am pretty sure Johnson meant to say that he revved up the base. The general consensus it hat the GOP will use this as a means to rally.

This is all really much ado about nothing.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 07-02-2012 at 01:39 PM.

[QUOTE=copernicus;4505597]You leave your job on Friday and pick up Monday. [/QUOTE]

I've never held a job like that. That includes a couple minimum wage jobs i had early in life. There are very few jobs that don't require some time and effort outside of "working hours" if your intent is to do it well.

[QUOTE=copernicus;4505597]Except your nights and weekends are relatively free of thought from work. I have not had a "free" weekend or night in my career. Every weekend I have to plan for Monday's lesson and papers and tests to mark. You leave your job on Friday and pick up Monday. A teacher does not have that luxury...........[/QUOTE]

You have no clue about the salaried corporate world if you think we're 9-5, clocking in and clocking out, and doing no work on nights or weekends.

Jeez, Id love that, but especially in todays economy, if a customer is having an issue or needs something, you're on call. Or you're catching up on work, since your team is down headcount.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=copernicus;4505597]Except your nights and weekends are relatively free of thought from work. I have not had a "free" weekend or night in my career. Every weekend I have to plan for Monday's lesson and papers and tests to mark. You leave your job on Friday and pick up Monday. A teacher does not have that luxury...........[/QUOTE]

Wow. Just wow.

You really believe this, don't you?

They must just ingrain this crap into their heads repeatedly at the union gatherings.

Not only do most private sector workers continue their education, take home work, work nights, weekends, etc., but NONE of us have the luxury of a 3 month period away from our jobs to do anything but each and every year. Do you have any idea what the rest of us would give to have that time to recharge our batteries annually? Or even [B]once[/B] in our careers? You know how you get that mental fatigue towards the end of the year, and then hold on to hope that summer is only a few weeks away?

Yeah, we feel that exhaustion [I]all the time[/I]. But we don't get our break until retirement. Always a hoot this time of year when the teachers are posting on their facebooks "5 more days of work until a much-needed break..." Really? Nice life. I only have 10,000 more to go.

Spare us the nonsense.

[QUOTE=copernicus;4505511]12 years as NYC public school teacher, with a masters degree plus 30 credits above that I paid for, and I DO NOT make 6 figures. Try again. Its another LIE that republicans love to bash teachers about. By the way, I will be shelling out HUNDREDS of dollars in September, just like last, since I am provided with ZERO resources for paper,ink for copies of my lesson plan each day, handout copies for students, chalk, blackboard erasers, pens, pencils, and supplies to decorate my classroom for the year. Mayor Bloomberg felt that it wasnt important and quietly eliminated it for teahers in NYC. You wont read that in Ruppert Murdoch's NY POST .....

BTW, requiring teachers to get their maters degree, 30 credits above, and new teacher workshops take time. When do you suggest these teachers obtain all of this if it were not for their summer "vacation?" (lol)............[/QUOTE]

I never had a decorated classroom. Is it really necesary?
    A school without chalk and erasers? Perhaps NYC is not as CIVILIZED as SC after all, eh?
    And what is a masters degree plus 30? Is that a PHd? I never heard of a masters plus 30. What are the 30 credit in?
    Imagine. Requiring continuing education. Sort of like people in business, CPAs, doctors, lawyers. All that and absolutely ZERO accountability. No wonder there are 27 countries in the world with better education. (See the Exxon TV ad).

[QUOTE=palmetto defender;4505779]I never had a decorated classroom. Is it really necesary?
    A school without chalk and erasers? Perhaps NYC is not as CIVILIZED as SC after all, eh?
    And what is a masters degree plus 30? Is that a PHd? I never heard of a masters plus 30. What are the 30 credit in?
    Imagine. Requiring continuing education. Sort of like people in business, CPAs, doctors, lawyers. All that and absolutely ZERO accountability. No wonder there are 27 countries in the world with better education. (See the Exxon TV ad).[/QUOTE]

yes, decorated classrooms are required and it MUST change every few weeks, dont and the teacher is written up by administrators. Things like backing paper on bulletin boards, borders, inspirational posters, crates, folders, chalk, erasers, markers, pens, paper, etc all paid out of pocket.

Master's degree plus 30 graduate credits, most get a second masters.

And yes, teachers are more important. They are the ones who have a first hand account and affect on every career. Without teachers there are no other careers. I dont know ONE teacher that went into it for "the money." Mostly because up until only a few years ago they were GROSSLY under paid. Only now that the corporate world screwed everything up do they want to blame the teachers and take back the little that was given. Just laughable.

Maybe if Americans in the so called "real world" gave teachers half the credit and respect they do in other countries their children would do the same and there would be no reason catch up to their scores.....
    Last edited by copernicus; 07-02-2012 at 06:10 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Anybody who wants to knock teachers should spend one day in a classroom with 30+ students.

No thanks.

BTW, there are many factors that attribute to the US not being where it should in regards to the education rankings. There are way more good teachers than bad teachers. Unfortunately there are way more bad parents than good parents.

In other countries teachers are revered and it is considered a dignified job. In America they are an easy scapegoat for the shortcomings of our youth.

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4506011]Anybody who wants to knock teachers should spend one day in a classroom with 30+ students.

No thanks.

BTW, there are many factors that attribute to the US not being where it should in regards to the education rankings. There are way more good teachers than bad teachers. Unfortunately there are way more bad parents than good parents.

In other countries teachers are revered and it is considered a dignified job. In America they are an easy scapegoat for the shortcomings of our youth.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.............There are two rooms at any given family party. The room where the adults hang out and the room where the kids are. Every once in awhile an adult will wander into the kids room for about ten minutes only to leave with a look on their face of exhaustion. Classrooms are similar but the adult is in the room for about six hours with 34 students trying to maintain order and teach subjects that most kids dont want to learn.

[QUOTE=copernicus;4506006]yes, decorated classrooms are required, backing paper on bulletin boards, borders, inspirational posters, crates, folders, chalk, erasers, markers, pens, paper, etc all paid out of pocket.

Master's degree plus 30 graduate credits, most get a second masters.

And yes, teachers are more important. They are the ones who have a first hand account and affect on every career. Without teachers there are no other careers. I dont know ONE teacher that went into it for "the money." Mostly because up until only a few years ago they were GROSSLY under paid. Only now that the corporate world screwed everything up do they want to blame the teachers and take back the little that was given. Just laughable.

Maybe if Americans in the so called "real world" gave teachers half the credit and respect they do in other countries their children would do the same and there would be no reason catch up to their scores.....[/QUOTE]

Required decorations? How touchy feely. With lots of ribbons and bows?
    It takes TWO masters to teach? Really? There are some GREAT districts in NJ (far better than NYC) that do not require that. The teachers in certain areas are pretty good because they get the RIOT act from parents en masse.
    Teachers are more important than what? You're buying a generous supply of Kool-Aid I see. If they are that good, how come the U.S is 27th in the world?
    Of course teachers aren't in it for the money. By and large they are not good enough to compete with the rest of us. We used to laugh at those in the Ed department. Trouble is they almost screwed up our children. That is until INTELLIGENT people insured they tutored their kids at home because the teachers were generally NOT GETTING IT DONE.
    I was amazed the poor quality until I and my wife goy heavily involved early on. Performance. It's all about quality. Generate it or work as a clerk in an insurance company.
    I have posted before about Jack Welsh and the GE concept. At evaluation time EVERY year, the bottom 10% in every department were terminated. Other companies with ex GE execs do the same thing. That will put a little pressure on you to perform.
    And as for hours? I worked every weekend on one project or another - at home or in the office. Most of my colleagues did also. Hey, WE WERE COMPETING WITH EACH OTHER. M-F were 12 hour days min. If something was going on "after" work we needed to attend, we were ther before 6AM.
    See a teacher at 6?

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4505707]Spare us the nonsense.[/QUOTE]

Don't bother mate. He doesn't even try to reply any longer.

He is a martyr, engaged in self-sacrifice for our collective sins, underpaid, underappreciated, overworked, unloved and tortured, all for the good of his kids.

Lifetime should make a movie about him tbqh.

But he's not interested in criticism, debate or exchange. He wants our pity, our respect, our love and of course (shhhh) more money and bennies.

And he wants it without us horrible evil taxpayers saying a word, having standards, questioning anything or expressing anything other than aforementioned demanded pity, love and respect.

Simple as that. It's a microcosm for so many in Public Service, who seem to think we're all so damn lucky to have them, that they are irreplaceable.....and that they don't just work a job, just like the rest of us schlubs, they're better than us. They're special, and we should be happy to pay for their specialness.

Silently.

Jets Insider VIP
    Just abolish schooling altogether. It's a waste of time/energy and only serves to give the dumbest a chance to survive what natural selection worked millennia to avoid.

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4506138]Just abolish schooling altogether. It's a waste of time/energy and only serves to give the dumbest a chance to survive what natural selection worked millennia to avoid.

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...[/QUOTE]

Your "extreme all or nothing" variant of hyperbole comedy is stale brofist.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4506039]Don't bother mate. He doesn't even try to reply any longer.

He is a martyr, engaged in self-sacrifice for our collective sins, underpaid, underappreciated, overworked, unloved and tortured, all for the good of his kids.

Lifetime should make a movie about him tbqh.

But he's not interested in criticism, debate or exchange. He wants our pity, our respect, our love and of course (shhhh) more money and bennies.

And he wants it without us horrible evil taxpayers saying a word, having standards, questioning anything or expressing anything other than aforementioned demanded pity, love and respect.

Simple as that. It's a microcosm for so many in Public Service, who seem to think we're all so damn lucky to have them, that they are irreplaceable.....and that they don't just work a job, just like the rest of us schlubs, they're better than us. They're special, and we should be happy to pay for their specialness.

Silently.[/QUOTE]

If I have stopped responding to you I really didnt notice. You seem so angry at a profession that is dedicated to helping children. I have not come across one teacher in my career that were in it for the money or summers off. If there were, they wouldnt make it, you see you have to be special to work as a teacher. Its something you give little respect to. My children go to school, like many parents I believe that they are the most important thing to me, I want them to left in the hands of quality teachers who are knowledgeable but most importantly good people. If paying them a little more, or guaranteeing them job security is going to make their life less stressful when dealing with my kids then Im all for it. I am giving them the most responsibility when Im not around, I dont want them to have any other added stresses that they already deal with in the classroom sometimes with unsafe children.

I know I am not so far off. Most teachers feel the way I do. Disrespected by conservatives and the right who use media outlets like the NY POST to prove why unions are bad. We all know the game they are playing with numbers to make all teachers look bad when it comes to scoring tests. They dont want to fix it. Testing=money and as long as test scores are down, there are test packets and review that can be sold. Scores are down, maybe we can convince the public to get rid of unions and tenure, this way politicians can save the money and put it in their own pockets

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4506262]Your "extreme all or nothing" variant of hyperbole comedy is stale brofist.[/QUOTE]

It's true though.

Modern medicine and public "education" has set back mankind's evolution thousands of years.

Louis CK has is right. We need to reintroduce lions back into the food chain.

---
    I am here: [url]http://tapatalk.com/map.php?y5vm4a[/url]
    Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

[QUOTE=copernicus;4506276]If I have stopped responding to you I really didnt notice. You seem so angry at a profession that is dedicated to helping children.[/quote]

Typical.

I'm not angry at your profession, I love education and enlightenment, and the real teachers who can actually provide it.

I am dismissive, mocking and insulting the propaganda and bull**** spouted by some of that professions membership, who seem to think they are somehow above and beyond the working world reality the rest of us slog around in every day, think themselves too special to be (like everyone else) judged for their work, too special to (like anyone in public service) have their work and bennies looked at by the public who pays the bills, and so incredably full of themselves that they actually believe their own Union PR.

For example, the rest of your post, a weak attempt at heart-stings-pulling nonesense. You're "special". You should be "paid a little more" and have "job security". I have to "respect" them regardless of performance. My god, the self-delusional marty complex is stunning.

My earlier post expressed it best. You live in a complete fantasy world where you are literally better people than Christ, and the rest of us are evil overpaid, underworked fat cats. Given your earlier comments, it's quite clear you have never worked an adult day in the profesional private sector in your entire life, and have no concept of any kind what real work is outside of teaching. Just the idea that you'd actually say that never take work home, work nights or work weekends. Unbelievable in its ignorance.

And you do it all for the kids, not the more than fair total compensation of almost $90K for the average NY Teacher. What a crock.

You're a bad joke mate. People like you are [U]exactly[/U] why teachers get a bad rap. A walking talking propaganda poster, whining endlessly about poor old unloved you are, and how underpaid you are, all the while oblivious to how hard and tough the real world is out here.

If you represent teachers, you do nothing but support why people get so hopped up about what we spend on education, want real reform, a broken and beaten Union (who serves the Union and Teachers, not our students), some real alternative competition, and no more public service workers monopoly on our education dime.

The results of this system, poorly educated kids at extrodinarily expensive costs, tells the real tale. Maybe your cute little heartstrings-pulling PR works on Oprah Moms, it doesn't work on me.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=copernicus;4506276]If I have stopped responding to you I really didnt notice. You seem so angry at a profession that is dedicated to helping children. I have not come across one teacher in my career that were in it for the money or summers off. If there were, they wouldnt make it, you see you have to be special to work as a teacher. Its something you give little respect to. My children go to school, like many parents I believe that they are the most important thing to me, I want them to left in the hands of quality teachers who are knowledgeable but most importantly good people. If paying them a little more, or guaranteeing them job security is going to make their life less stressful when dealing with my kids then Im all for it. I am giving them the most responsibility when Im not around, I dont want them to have any other added stresses that they already deal with in the classroom sometimes with unsafe children.

I know I am not so far off. Most teachers feel the way I do. Disrespected by conservatives and the right who use media outlets like the NY POST to prove why unions are bad. We all know the game they are playing with numbers to make all teachers look bad when it comes to scoring tests. They dont want to fix it. Testing=money and as long as test scores are down, there are test packets and review that can be sold. Scores are down, maybe we can convince the public to get rid of unions and tenure, this way politicians can save the money and put it in their own pockets[/QUOTE]

It is astounding that you can write something like this and not understand why it may create resentment among other working professionals.

It's so delusional from top to bottom that I don't even know where to begin.

I'll just leave it at this: you're 100% wrong in your assessment that "most teachers feel the way that (you) do".

No. Thankfully many do not.