Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woody Johnson Is An Expert On Constitutional Law, In His Mind

Woody Johnson Is An Expert On Constitutional Law, In His Mind

[url]http://deadspin.com/5922402?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow[/url]

Jets Owner Woody Johnson Is An Expert On Constitutional Law, In His Mind
    John Koblin

Woody Johnson is the Jets owner, a big Mitt Romney fundraiser, and a complete moron.

This morning, Johnson hosted a Romney fundraiser. He took the occasion to share his thoughts about why John Roberts voted to uphold Obamacare:

Romney was introduced by Woody Johnson, owner of the New York Jets professional football team and a top surrogate for Romney in the business community. In introducing Romney, Johnson said that Chief Justice John Roberts, who sided with the 5-4 majority and wrote the opinion upholding the health-care law, gave Romney supporters a rallying call.

"I think Judge Roberts did this intentionally, he's really revved up our base from what we're able to gather," Johnson said. "He's really revved us up."

A Times reporter and a Huffington Post reporter both tweeted that Johnson said, "Roberts did this intentionally, because he's really revved up..." It's not clear why the Bloomberg quote above is missing the "because."

Either way he put it, it's quite a theory! There are lots of competing explanations for why Roberts made the decision he did. It's a Trojan horse to box Obama in. It's not a Trojan horse to box Obama in. He did it at the last minute. He did it to narrow the commerce clause.

What all of these theories have in common is that they address the interplay of power among the Supreme Court, the president, and Congress. Then there's Woody Johnson, maintaining that Roberts supported the Affordable Care Act because he wanted to mobilize the Republican-voting public for the presidential election. (Because then they'd be mad at—the Supreme Court?)

Woody Johnson is a complete dolt, or else he's a demented would-be propagandist, who thinks his crackpot version of events will inspire his fellow big-money donors to donate even bigger money. Either way, take this as context the next time he explains what's happening with Mark Sanchez, Tim Tebow, Rex Ryan, PSLs at MetLife Stadium, or anything else about the 2012 Jets. Woody Johnson has checked out of reality.

And so is the president. Remember, we were told he was a "professor" by the LIAR in chief.
    A (not respected by his colleagues) guest lecturer.
    I don't think this post is a battle you REALLY want to fight.

On March 27th, Obama, tells the crowd at fundraiser , “I was a constitutional law professor, which means unlike the current president [COLOR="Red"]I actually respect the Constitution[/COLOR].”For the record, Obama is a “Senior Lecturer (on leave of absence)” at the University of Chicago Law School. He has taught Constitutional Law III: Equal Protection and Substantive Due Process, Current Issues in Racism & the Law, and Voting Rights & the Democratic Process.
    [COLOR="Red"]HAHAHAHA![/COLOR]

Because obviously Mr. Johnson is not permitted to have an opinion, or even a stupid opinion, in Copernimerica.

:zzz:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4504249]Because obviously Mr. Johnson is not permitted to have an opinion, or even a stupid opinion, in Copernimerica.

:zzz:[/QUOTE]

Especially if Mr Johnson's view doesn't conform with the lockstep UFT views that are the only ones allowed in The People's Republic of Copernimerica

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

[QUOTE=sg3;4504255]Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

No one gives a **** what you sent it from.

Just saying.

All League
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4504267]No one gives a **** what you sent it from.

Just saying.[/QUOTE]

=========================================

That's what I've been saying all along.:(

[QUOTE=Warfish;4504249]Because obviously Mr. Johnson is not permitted to have an opinion, or even a stupid opinion, in Copernimerica.

Mr. Johnson's opinion is a pretty powerful one or should I say a money giving one.

Mr Johnson's opinion holds more weight, dangerously, because of his money, for the common person in America.............
    Last edited by copernicus; 06-30-2012 at 11:14 AM.

Woody Johnson's problem is his arrogance. He talks to the average in a manner of someone who is disconnected with the common folk. He is blind to the fact that people may not live in his 1% world yet are savvy enough to know when someone is bull****ting them.

Jets Insider VIP
    If you are a NYC teacher cope you are earning six figures and only working.around 38 weeks a year..

FAR from common person compensation

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;4504320][B][I]Barack & Meeechelle Obama's[/I][/B] problem is [I][B]their[/B][/I] arrogance. [B][I]THEY[/I][/B] talks to the average in a manner of someone who is disconnected with the common folk. T[I][B]hey're[/B][/I] blind to the fact that people may not live in Their [I][B]TAXPAYER FUNDED[/B][/I] 1% world yet are savvy enough to know when someone is bull****ting them.[/QUOTE]

:yes:

[QUOTE=acepepe;4504344]:yes:[/QUOTE]

:D

[QUOTE=copernicus;4504305]Mr Johnson's opinion holds more weight, dangerously, because of his money, for the common person in America.............[/QUOTE]

For every Woody Johnson, there is a (D) funding equivalent.

Or did you forget that President Obama won the funidng battle vs. McCain in Election 2008?

It amazes me how baldly hypocriticial liberals are on this specific issue. When it's your man who gets big dollars or big dollar supporters or famous peoples verbal support, thats fine and dandy.....when it's an (R), suddenly it's a dangerous horrible evil misuse of money or fame destined to destroy our very system.

Freedom, to donate, support or speak....but only for some.

Wake me when you peope find anything resembling intelectual consistency.:zzz:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;4504320]Woody Johnson's problem is his arrogance. He talks to the average in a manner of someone who is disconnected with the common folk. He is blind to the fact that people may not live in his 1% world yet are savvy enough to know when someone is bull****ting them.[/QUOTE]

As if the "common folk" are any more connected to reality :rolleyes:

Stupid people exist in large numbers across all socioeconomic levels.

[QUOTE=sg3;4504330]If you are a NYC teacher cope you are earning six figures and only working.around 38 weeks a year..

FAR from common person compensation[/QUOTE]

12 years as NYC public school teacher, with a masters degree plus 30 credits above that I paid for, and I DO NOT make 6 figures. Try again. Its another LIE that republicans love to bash teachers about. By the way, I will be shelling out HUNDREDS of dollars in September, just like last, since I am provided with ZERO resources for paper,ink for copies of my lesson plan each day, handout copies for students, chalk, blackboard erasers, pens, pencils, and supplies to decorate my classroom for the year. Mayor Bloomberg felt that it wasnt important and quietly eliminated it for teahers in NYC. You wont read that in Ruppert Murdoch's NY POST .....

BTW, requiring teachers to get their maters degree, 30 credits above, and new teacher workshops take time. When do you suggest these teachers obtain all of this if it were not for their summer "vacation?" (lol)............
    Last edited by copernicus; 07-02-2012 at 11:48 AM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Political commentary from ****ing deadspin? Seriously?

How about some job and labor statistics linked on Bob's Blitz?

[url]http://swz.salary.com/salarywizard/high-school-teacher-Salary-Details-New-York-NY.aspx?hdcbxbonuse=off&isshowpiechart=true&isshowjobchart=false&isshowsalarydetailcharts=false&isshownextsteps=false&isshowcompanyfct=false&isshowaboutyou=false[/url]

Without taking experience or education into play (that requires an account), the median total compensation of a High School Teacher in New York is ~$89,000/9 months a year of work. Actual Salary alone (excluding all other benefits) is ~$63,000.

Starting compensation would obviously be lower, high experience and education higher.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=copernicus;4505511]12 years as NYC public school teacher, with a masters degree plus 30 credits above that I paid for, and I DO NOT make 6 figures. Try again. Its another LIE that republicans love to bash teachers about. By the way, I will be shelling out HUNDREDS of dollars in September, just like last, since I am provided with ZERO resources for paper,ink for copies of my lesson plan each day, handout copies for students, chalk, blackboard erasers, pens, pencils, and supplies to decorate my classroom for the year. Mayor Bloomberg felt that it wasnt important and quietly eliminated it for teahers in NYC. You wont read that in Ruppert Murdoch's NY POST .....

BTW, [B]requiring teachers to get their maters degree, 30 credits above, and new teacher workshops take time. When do you suggest these teachers obtain all of this if it were not for their summer "vacation?" (lol).[/B]...........[/QUOTE]

Nights and weekends like the rest of the working world. That is when I did mine.

[QUOTE=Trades;4505535]Nights and weekends like the rest of the working world. That is when I did mine.[/QUOTE]

Except your nights and weekends are relatively free of thought from work. I have not had a "free" weekend or night in my career. Every weekend I have to plan for Monday's lesson and papers and tests to mark. You leave your job on Friday and pick up Monday. A teacher does not have that luxury...........

[QUOTE=copernicus;4505597]Except your nights and weekends are relatively free of thought from work.[/quote]

Spoken exactly like I'd expect a never-worked-a-real-private-sector-job Teacher to think.

Ignorance so baldfaced, it's almost funny.

Right, private sector folks never work late or at home or have to think about our jobs after hours. Only you awesome martyr teachers do that.

By the way, most of us have to have our masters degrees or equivalentcy BEFORE we get the job we want. Not after. If teaching requires a masters, you shouldn't be needing to school yourself in summer or at night, you should already have it before you start teaching.

[quote]I have not had a "free" weekend or night in my career. Every weekend I have to plan for Monday's lesson and papers and tests to mark. You leave your job on Friday and pick up Monday. A teacher does not have that luxury...........[/QUOTE]

You are such a gurning wanna-be martyr.:rolleyes: