Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 62

Thread: Sportsline Offseason breakdown

  1. #41
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,843
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Even though Fitz sucked over the last half of the season, Sanchez sucked even more, especially in the final 3 games of the season with the playoffs on the line.
    ^^^This is so bassackwards it's in Jordyville.

    Fitz lost the last 9 of 11 and never had playoff hopes, but Sanchez's 3-game skid and 8-8 finish was worse.

    Right on.

  2. #42
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,146
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    ^^^This is so bassackwards it's in Jordyville.

    Fitz lost the last 9 of 11 and never had playoff hopes, but Sanchez's 3-game skid and 8-8 finish was worse.

    Right on.
    The Bills were out of the playoffs by Thanksgiving.

    All the Jets had to do was win 1 out of their last 3 games and they are in the playoffs.

    The Jets had the #5 drafted QB, in his 3rd year as a NFL QB, and the guy fell flat on his face for 3 straight games with the playoffs on the line.

    His last game against the Phins was one of the worst games an NFL QB could ever have.

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,016
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    ^^^This is so bassackwards it's in Jordyville.

    Fitz lost the last 9 of 11 and never had playoff hopes, but Sanchez's 3-game skid and 8-8 finish was worse.

    Right on.
    Fitz was playing with cracked ribs since week 8. Sanchez had no such excuse.

  4. #44
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,146
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Fitz was playing with cracked ribs since week 8. Sanchez had no such excuse.
    Shotty.

  5. #45
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,843
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    The Bills were out of the playoffs by Thanksgiving.

    All the Jets had to do was win 1 out of their last 3 games and they are in the playoffs.

    The Jets had the #5 drafted QB, in his 3rd year as a NFL QB, and the guy fell flat on his face for 3 straight games with the playoffs on the line.

    His last game against the Phins was one of the worst games an NFL QB could ever have.
    All that means is Sanchez had more at stake because he played well enough to get them there.

    It doesn't make a 3-game skid worse than a 7-game skid or a 9 of 11 skid.

    What you're saying is it's better to tank the season at Week 14 than at Week 17. Got it.

  6. #46
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,683
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    ^^^This is so bassackwards it's in Jordyville.

    Fitz lost the last 9 of 11 and never had playoff hopes, but Sanchez's 3-game skid and 8-8 finish was worse.

    Right on.
    LMAO.

    Do you dream about me at night also cupcake?

  7. #47
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,343
    As I recall, Brad Smith was causing a disruption in Sanchez's rhythm and Cotchery sucked. At least that was the opinion of the Sanchez supporters at the time. Now suddenly they were keys to Sanchez's earlier success.

    Good grief.
    Last edited by jxc; 07-01-2012 at 10:33 PM.

  8. #48
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,843
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Fitz was playing with cracked ribs since week 8. Sanchez had no such excuse.
    HA! ... wrong.

    Mark injured his neck/shoulder at Denver on Week 11, then again on Week 15:

    Mark Sanchez Injury: Update on New York Jets Star's Injury
    By Kyle Vassalo (Featured Columnist) on December 18, 2011

    The Jets are in the process of being blown away by the Eagles in a must-win game, and to make matters worse, Jason Babin injured Mark Sanchez's neck and shoulder area in the process.

    The Jets have a huge mountain ahead of them, and their quarterback being at less than 100 percent makes the climb that much steeper.



    The injury persisted for the rest of the season and for a QB could've been worse than rib pain.

  9. #49
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    LMAO.

    Do you dream about me at night also cupcake?
    No, but who's the "also" -- TX?

    Thought so.

  10. #50
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,683
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    No, but who's the "also" -- TX?

    Thought so.
    No rocket scientist.

    You talk about me in a thread I hadn't even posted in.

    Do you dream about me also?

    Duh. Pretty simple cupcake.

  11. #51
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    No rocket scientist.

    You talk about me in a thread I hadn't even posted in.

    Do you dream about me also?

    Duh. Pretty simple cupcake.
    I like cupcakes.


  12. #52
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,683
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I like cupcakes.

    I'm thinking the rider is into a different kind of cupcake

  13. #53
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I'm thinking the rider is into a different kind of cupcake
    Better?


  14. #54
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,979
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Every sports writer in the country better offer an apology when the Bills win 6-8 games this year.

    Never have I seen such fabricated hype for a team that hasn't had a winning record in a decade.
    Yes

  15. #55
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    8,127
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    So do any Superbowl victories the Patriots may have finagled years ago.
    Agreed, they are just memories. With Light gone, Brady is the only player left from those titles. But he took a whole new team to the super bowl last year. And until you step on the field, the most reliable predictor of future performance is only last years performance.

  16. #56
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    8,514
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Agreed, they are just memories. With Light gone, Brady is the only player left from those titles. But he took a whole new team to the super bowl last year. And until you step on the field, the most reliable predictor of future performance is only last years performance.
    Using a super bowl defeat as a predictor of next seasons results is a gloomy proposition. It means you probably don't make the playoffs this year.

  17. #57
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    8,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I'm thinking the rider is into a different kind of cupcake
    I didn't realize gay cupcakes were illegal.

  18. #58
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,972
    He goofed on not mentioning Thomas and the rest is true.

    Face the truth.

    The O line is not what it was those first two seasons. Hunter was a terrible, Brick was worse. Slaussen is coming off of major shoulder surgery, lucky to be ready for camp. We have zero back up at center, but all of this goes away because Sporano will go back to the ground and pound?

    Thomas(i know he was hurt), Pace, Scott all sucked last season. They all have not lived up to the hype. These guys have one shot left and all will be released after this season or even before.

    This is a rebuild year for the jets. After this season, I believe these players will be gone.
    Thomas
    Pace
    Scott
    Devito
    Smith
    Vlad
    Greene....there are more....

    Everyone is so excited about unproven rookies, as am I. With so much change coming, a team with out a top 15 QB and a coach who's just a glorified D coordinator. Face it.

    I love the Jets, but they are not a contender.

  19. #59
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,146
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    It means you probably don't make the playoffs this year.
    Seriously, how does a 13 or 14 win team NOT make the playoffs?

  20. #60
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    8,514
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Seriously, how does a 13 or 14 win team NOT make the playoffs?
    I didn't invent it. Super bowl losers don't make the playoffs. Ask one of the stats guys to explain why. It would probably take a whole page.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us