Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sportsline Offseason breakdown

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4504964]
    [b]Even though Fitz sucked over the last half of the season, Sanchez sucked even more[/b], especially in the final 3 games of the season with the playoffs on the line.[/QUOTE]

^^^This is so bassackwards it's in Jordyville.

Fitz lost the last 9 of 11 and never had playoff hopes, but Sanchez's 3-game skid and 8-8 finish was worse.

Right on. :thumbup:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetrider;4505205]^^^This is so bassackwards it's in Jordyville.

Fitz lost the last 9 of 11 and never had playoff hopes, but Sanchez's 3-game skid and 8-8 finish was worse.

Right on. :thumbup:[/QUOTE]

The Bills were out of the playoffs by Thanksgiving.

All the Jets had to do was win 1 out of their last 3 games and they are in the playoffs.

The Jets had the #5 drafted QB, in his 3rd year as a NFL QB, and the guy fell flat on his face for 3 straight games with the playoffs on the line.

His last game against the Phins was one of the worst games an NFL QB could ever have.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Fitz was playing with cracked ribs since week 8. Sanchez had no such excuse.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GuidoYaztremski;4505217]Fitz was playing with cracked ribs since week 8. Sanchez had no such excuse.[/QUOTE]

Shotty. :rolleyes:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4505216]The Bills were out of the playoffs by Thanksgiving.

All the Jets had to do was win 1 out of their last 3 games and they are in the playoffs.

The Jets had the #5 drafted QB, in his 3rd year as a NFL QB, and the guy fell flat on his face for 3 straight games with the playoffs on the line.

His last game against the Phins was one of the worst games an NFL QB could ever have.[/QUOTE]

All that means is Sanchez had more at stake because he played well enough to get them there.

It doesn't make a 3-game skid worse than a 7-game skid or a 9 of 11 skid.

What you're saying is it's better to tank the season at Week 14 than at Week 17. Got it. :rolleyes:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

LMAO.

Do you dream about me at night also cupcake?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    As I recall, Brad Smith was causing a disruption in Sanchez's rhythm and Cotchery sucked. At least that was the opinion of the Sanchez supporters at the time. Now suddenly they were keys to Sanchez's earlier success.

Good grief.:rolleyes:
    Last edited by jxc; 07-01-2012 at 10:33 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GuidoYaztremski;4505217]Fitz was playing with cracked ribs since week 8. Sanchez had no such excuse.[/QUOTE]

HA! ... wrong.

Mark injured his neck/shoulder at Denver on Week 11, then again on Week 15:

[QUOTE][SIZE="3"][b]Mark Sanchez Injury: Update on New York Jets Star's Injury[/b] [/SIZE]
    By Kyle Vassalo (Featured Columnist) on December 18, 2011

The Jets are in the process of being blown away by the Eagles in a must-win game, and to make matters worse, Jason Babin injured Mark Sanchez's neck and shoulder area in the process.

The Jets have a huge mountain ahead of them, and their quarterback being at less than 100 percent makes the climb that much steeper.[/QUOTE]

[img]http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/493/009/136068328_crop_650x440.jpg?1324251327[/img]

The injury persisted for the rest of the season and for a QB could've been worse than rib pain.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4505236]LMAO.

Do you dream about me at night also cupcake?[/QUOTE]

No, but who's the "also" -- TX?

Thought so.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetrider;4505252]No, but who's the "also" -- TX?

Thought so.[/QUOTE]

No rocket scientist.

You talk about me in a thread I hadn't even posted in.

Do you dream about me also?

Duh. Pretty simple cupcake.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4505253]No rocket scientist.

You talk about me in a thread I hadn't even posted in.

Do you dream about me also?

Duh. Pretty simple cupcake.[/QUOTE]

I like cupcakes.

[IMG]http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/terminal01/2009/2/2/13/cookie-monster-cupcake-1547-1233600439-16.jpg[/IMG]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4505256]I like cupcakes.

[IMG]http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/terminal01/2009/2/2/13/cookie-monster-cupcake-1547-1233600439-16.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]
    I'm thinking the rider is into a different kind of cupcake
    [IMG]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_n7UdBaplcp0/SjgFzxMD0wI/AAAAAAAAAQ4/JqHMJA4PiHc/s400/GayManTee.jpg[/IMG]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4505272]I'm thinking the rider is into a different kind of cupcake
    [/QUOTE]

Better?

[IMG]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1308/4659538879_4fd1cc3b5e.jpg[/IMG]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;4505139]Every sports writer in the country better offer an apology when the Bills win 6-8 games this year.

Never have I seen such fabricated hype for a team that hasn't had a winning record in a decade.[/QUOTE]

Yes

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4505086]So do any Superbowl victories the Patriots may have finagled years ago.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, they are just memories. With Light gone, Brady is the only player left from those titles. But he took a whole new team to the super bowl last year. And until you step on the field, the most reliable predictor of future performance is only last years performance.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=patman;4505326]Agreed, they are just memories. With Light gone, Brady is the only player left from those titles. But he took a whole new team to the super bowl last year. And until you step on the field, the most reliable predictor of future performance is only last years performance.[/QUOTE]

Using a super bowl defeat as a predictor of next seasons results is a gloomy proposition. It means you probably don't make the playoffs this year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4505272]I'm thinking the rider is into a different kind of cupcake
    [IMG]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_n7UdBaplcp0/SjgFzxMD0wI/AAAAAAAAAQ4/JqHMJA4PiHc/s400/GayManTee.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

I didn't realize gay cupcakes were illegal.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He goofed on not mentioning Thomas and the rest is true.

Face the truth.

The O line is not what it was those first two seasons. Hunter was a terrible, Brick was worse. Slaussen is coming off of major shoulder surgery, lucky to be ready for camp. We have zero back up at center, but all of this goes away because Sporano will go back to the ground and pound?

Thomas(i know he was hurt), Pace, Scott all sucked last season. They all have not lived up to the hype. These guys have one shot left and all will be released after this season or even before.

This is a rebuild year for the jets. After this season, I believe these players will be gone.
    Thomas
    Pace
    Scott
    Devito
    Smith
    Vlad
    Greene....there are more....

Everyone is so excited about unproven rookies, as am I. With so much change coming, a team with out a top 15 QB and a coach who's just a glorified D coordinator. Face it.

I love the Jets, but they are not a contender.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4505332] It means you probably don't make the playoffs this year.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, how does a 13 or 14 win team [B][U]NOT[/U][/B] make the playoffs?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4505356]Seriously, how does a 13 or 14 win team [B][U]NOT[/U][/B] make the playoffs?[/QUOTE]

I didn't invent it. Super bowl losers don't make the playoffs. Ask one of the stats guys to explain why. It would probably take a whole page.