Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Penn State/Sandusky e-mails

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    I've been a Penn State fan my whole life, mainly because of Joe Paterno. Not anymore. The school's, and his, actions in this whole thing is sickening.
    +1. I didn't attend the school and don't have a real reason for being a fan other than that they were the team most on TV on Saturdays while I was growing up, they had/have cool uniforms and, even as a kid, JoePa seemed to be a reputable character. But as long as I've rooted for any team, I've been devoted to PSU.

For whatever reason, my 5 year old has recently taken a liking to the state of Wisconsin. So much so that in his pre-school newsletter, after he brought in his US maps for show and share, he is quoted as saying "Wisconsin is my favorite state. They have a really good football team - the Badgers." When my inlaws' friends from Wisconsin heard of this, they sent both my boys Wisconsin jerseys and hats.

Going forward, my family is now Wisconsin fans. I have always tried to ensure that my boys root for my teams (much to the chagrin of my wife, who is from DC and wants at least one DC team in our rotation - f' that), but in this case, I'm getting on the bus and following my son's lead. Penn St. totally and utterly failed in its responsibility as an educational institution. I don't know exactly who is most to blame for the systemic failure that led to where we are now, but at this point, I don't even care.

All I can say now is **** Penn State....I'm done with them. I feel terrible for the current students and the Alumni who were so proud to be a part of such a noble tradition. Their feeling of utter disgust trumps mine 10x, I'm sure. And they can't dispose of their allegience nearly as easily as I can.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    Yes. My mistake.
    Sorry, didn't mean to be Dooshy McDoosherstein. I had just been told the "main" oxygen sensor would be $385.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I feel terrible for the current students
    Except for those moronic lemmings that rallied outside his home when he was rumored to be fired. Seeing that made me want to not live on this planet anymore.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Sorry, didn't mean to be Dooshy McDoosherstein. I had just been told the "main" oxygen sensor would be $385.
    Wrong thread, Failure VonFailureson?

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    +1. I didn't attend the school and don't have a real reason for being a fan other than that they were the team most on TV on Saturdays while I was growing up, they had/have cool uniforms and, even as a kid, JoePa seemed to be a reputable character. But as long as I've rooted for any team, I've been devoted to PSU.

For whatever reason, my 5 year old has recently taken a liking to the state of Wisconsin. So much so that in his pre-school newsletter, after he brought in his US maps for show and share, he is quoted as saying "Wisconsin is my favorite state. They have a really good football team - the Badgers." When my inlaws' friends from Wisconsin heard of this, they sent both my boys Wisconsin jerseys and hats.

Going forward, my family is now Wisconsin fans. I have always tried to ensure that my boys root for my teams (much to the chagrin of my wife, who is from DC and wants at least one DC team in our rotation - f' that), but in this case, I'm getting on the bus and following my son's lead. Penn St. totally and utterly failed in its responsibility as an educational institution. I don't know exactly who is most to blame for the systemic failure that led to where we are now, but at this point, I don't even care.

All I can say now is **** Penn State....I'm done with them. I feel terrible for the current students and the Alumni who were so proud to be a part of such a noble tradition. Their feeling of utter disgust trumps mine 10x, I'm sure. And they can't dispose of their allegience nearly as easily as I can.
    lol @ changing fandom to another B1G school...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Except for those moronic lemmings that rallied outside his home when he was rumored to be fired. Seeing that made me want to not live on this planet anymore.
    Agreed - but I don't have much faith in the typical college student anyway. Individually, I'm sure they're OK. But, get a group of them together, they would all end up at a KKK rally if the pretty/popular kids did it.

Hall Of Fame
    Sucks because my younger sopne had put Penn State on his list for colleges.

Do you not send a kid there because of this?

_

Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post

_
    If he's a few years away, you can wait for this to blow over but I wouldn't this year or next...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post

_
    Do you want to give money to an institution that promoted child rape?

I wouldn't.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

I was just told. Not had been told.

common

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    I was just told. Not had been told.

common
    Do you have a Kindle?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Do you want to give money to an institution that promoted child rape?
    Is this a trick question?

All Pro
    Do you have a Kindle?
    He just got an iPad. Heard that there was a big sale on them in the mod lounge.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Do you have a Kindle?
    Oh sure, many.

-

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Oh sure, many.

-
    Good. Have you tried them with Mongolian pork chops?

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. -- Hall of Fame coach Joe Paterno and other senior officials "concealed critical facts" about Jerry Sandusky's child abuse because they were worried about bad publicity, an internal investigation into the scandal concluded.

The 267-page report released Thursday is the result of an eight-month inquiry by former FBI director Louis Freeh, hired by university trustees weeks after Sandusky was arrested in November to look into what has become one of sports' biggest scandals.

The report concluded that Paterno, president Graham Spanier, athletic director Tim Curley and vice president Gary Schultz "failed to protect against a child sexual predator harming children for over a decade."

"In order to avoid the consequences of bad publicity, the most powerful leaders at the university -- Spanier, Schultz, Paterno and Curley -- repeatedly concealed critical facts relating to Sandusky's child abuse," the report said.

Sexual abuse might have been prevented if university officials had banned Sandusky from bringing children onto campus after a 1998 inquiry, the report said. Despite their knowledge of the police probe into Sandusky showering with a boy in a football locker room, Spanier, Paterno, Curley and Schultz took no action to limit his access to campus, the report said.
    Continue reading: http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ildren-welfare

Jets Insider VIP
    Great day to be a member of the human race mhm?

Ugh just gross

Jets Insider VIP
    They statue of Joe Pa outside the stadium needs to be taken away. They cannot leave that up anymore.

Hall Of Fame
    Anything specific that we haven't already heard?

We all know they failed to protect children. And we knew that somehow it was kept secret. But how did they do it? What did they do to keep it secret? That is what we need to find out. The Devil is in the details.

Hopefully the report gets published so we can see what they found out.

EDIT - The report was published.

http://thefreehreportonpsu.com/

http://www.foxnews.com/us/interactiv...abuse-scandal/
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 07-12-2012 at 11:38 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Anything specific that we haven't already heard?

We all know they failed to protect children. But how did they do it? What did they do to keep it secret? That is what we need to find out.

Hopefully the report gets published so we can see what they found out.
    Its out, you can read the whole thing.