Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2012 QB Statistics Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    I think you're ala dickhead.

By the way, it's spelled Yastremski.

Lmfao...it's Yastrzemski you dickhead ala spud-brain.

Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    I'm mostly concerned with his completion percentage and turnovers. If Sanchez can improve his completion percentage for the 4th consecutive seasons? He should be at or even a little over 60% by seasons end. We need Sanchez at 60+%, which means he's improved his accuracy and chances are? With improves accuracy he'll decline in INT's while improving our wide receivers chances of catching in stride, running for yardage. The fumbles last year? I'll chalk it up. Not a concern with better offensive line play. His INT's? Those ar concerns, and if Sanchez can improve his accuracy? Those INT's should decline as a 4th year player.
    I agree, I'm not too concerned with his TD number as I am with his accuracy and decision-making. Sporano will run a conservative offense that will primarily run the ball in the redzone. Tebow will get looks down there. For that reason, I do expect Mark's TD total to drop to the 20-22 range. But that doesn't mean he can't improve everywhere else and become a much better overall QB. Right now, I need to see it first before I buy into it. Mark regressed at the end of last season and I'm uncertain about how he'll come out this year. The Tebow signing could go either way for Mark's outlook.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    I agree, I'm not too concerned with his TD number as I am with his accuracy and decision-making. Sporano will run a conservative offense that will primarily run the ball in the redzone. Tebow will get looks down there. For that reason, I do expect Mark's TD total to drop to the 20-22 range. But that doesn't mean he can't improve everywhere else and become a much better overall QB. Right now, I need to see it first before I buy into it. Mark regressed at the end of last season and I'm uncertain about how he'll come out this year. The Tebow signing could go either way for Mark's outlook.
    Strong post.

Mark did take a step back towards the end of the season, but if I remember correctly, heading into week 15, he was right on the cusp of getting selected into the pro-bowl. Or at least right on the verge of making it a tough call. His numbers compared well against some of the big name QB's of the AFC, but the last 3 weeks took him out of the running completely. Week's 15, 16 and 17 he combined for 7 INT's, a very low completion percentage with awful QB ratings. If Sanchez would have performed during those last 3 weeks? We're talking about a completely different quarterback heading into 2012 (some fans only seem to remember the final 3 games in regards to talking/judging Sanchez).

One thing I respect about Sanchez in regards to his overall development, is that he's improved upon completions, total yardage, completion percentage, TD's and QB rating each of his first 3 years since being drafted. 3 different tro's of WR's as well. If he continues to improve his overall numbers, that means he's developing into a very good quarterback at the same time.

He may not put up as many TD's as last year, you're right, the Tebow factor could lower his overall TD's but if Sanchez can improve his completion percentage and TD to INT ratio? I believe he'll become a well respected quarterback around this league.
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 07-03-2012 at 06:34 PM.

All League
    Most Passing Yards (Season)
    1. Brees
    2. Brady
    3. E. Manning
    Most Passing TDs (Season)
    1. Rodgers
    2. Brady
    3. P. Manning
    Most Rushing TDs (Season)
    1. Newton
    2. Vick
    3. Tebow
    Most Interceptions Thrown (Season)
    1. Fitzpatrick
    2. Rivers
    3. Newton
    Most 300+ Yard Passing Games
    1. Brees
    2. Brady
    3. Rodgers
    Most Passing Yards (Game)
    1. Brady
    2. Stafford
    3. Brees
    Most Interceptions Thrown (Game)
    1. Fitzpatrick
    2. Rivers
    3. Vick
    Most Wins (Regular + Post Season)
    1. Rodgers
    2. Brady
    3. P. Manning
    Highest Passer Rating (Season)
    1. Rodgers
    2. P. Manning
    3. Brady
    Most Games WITHOUT an Interception
    1. Rodgers
    2. P. Manning
    3. Ryan

JetsInsider.com Legend
    That's an extraordinarily optimistic prediction for Mark especially considering the offense he will be playing in. I can't see 29 passing TDs in Sporano's offense. I'm hoping 13 INTs will come accurate. He threw far too many last season.
    LOL 29 TD's.

Not in Sparano's ground and pound.
    Last edited by Jordy; 07-03-2012 at 06:52 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    LOL 29 TD's.
    What's so funny? He's went from 12 TD's during his rookie season, to 17 TD's during his sophomore season to 26 TD's during his 3rd season last year. Who's to say he can't improve by 3 TD's with a more talented offense along with an offensive coordinator in which puts Sanchez in the best possible position to succeed. Yes, we all know Sparano loves to run, but he runs in order to set up the vertical passing attack. If you think Sparano will have Sanchez playing inside a shell, you're dead wrong.

Strong post.

Mark did take a step back towards the end of the season, but if I remember correctly, heading into week 15, he was right on the cusp of getting selected into the pro-bowl. Or at least right on the verge of making it a tough call. His numbers compared well against some of the big name QB's of the AFC, but the last 3 weeks took him out of the running completely. Week's 15, 16 and 17 he combined for 7 INT's, a very low completion percentage with awful QB ratings. If Sanchez would have performed during those last 3 weeks? We're talking about a completely different quarterback heading into 2012 (some fans only seem to remember the final 3 games in regards to talking/judging Sanchez).

One thing I respect about Sanchez in regards to his overall development, is that he's improved upon completions, total yardage, completion percentage, TD's and QB rating each of his first 3 years since being drafted. 3 different tro's of WR's as well. If he continues to improve his overall numbers, that means he's developing into a very good quarterback at the same time.

He may not put up as many TD's as last year, you're right, the Tebow factor could lower his overall TD's but if Sanchez can improve his completion percentage and TD to INT ratio? I believe he'll become a well respected quarterback around this league.

No, he wasn't, and the percentage of non-Jets fans voting Sanchez to the Pro Bowl was approx. zero.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    What's so funny? He's went from 12 TD's during his rookie season, to 17 TD's during his sophomore season to 26 TD's during his 3rd season last year. Who's to say he can't improve by 3 TD's with a more talented offense along with an offensive coordinator in which puts Sanchez in the best possible position to succeed. Yes, we all know Sparano loves to run, but he runs in order to set up the vertical passing attack. If you think Sparano will have Sanchez playing inside a shell, you're dead wrong.
    You think he's going to throw the ball as many times this year as he did last year?

If so, you are dead wrong.

Care to make a charity bet as to 29 TD's?

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    I think Brady has 1 or 2 really big games (like the opener in Miami last year) yardage wise.

I really think the Pats are going to try and be more balanced this year, which I hope they succeed.

If Brady has to throw for more than 5,000+ yards that tells me the Pats will be in alot of shootouts and the defense has not improved.

Just my opinion though.
    Brady didn't crack 4,000 in 2010 because the Pats were usually able to build huge leads early in the game. He didn't even have 500 attempts for the year. If Brady's ypa falls back to around 8 (still higher than his career average), and his attempts fall back to 530-550 (instead of 600+), then his yards will be in the 4,200-4,400 range.

LOL 29 TD's.

Not in Sparano's ground and pound.
    What do you think our run:pass split is going to be.

I think it's going to be 48:52 (run:pass). And the number of passing vs rushing TDs will be determined by our playcalling from inside the 10.

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Brady didn't crack 4,000 in 2010 because the Pats were usually able to build huge leads early in the game. He didn't even have 500 attempts for the year. If Brady's ypa falls back to around 8 (still higher than his career average), and his attempts fall back to 530-550 (instead of 600+), then his yards will be in the 4,200-4,400 range.
    Great stats check... it really all depends on how the soph RBs in Ridley and Vereen pan out. If they can establish themselves as dynamic running threats, the Pats' offense becomes that much more lethal, and Saints' like. Takes a load off of Brady and allows him to work more efficiently with a legit running threat behind him.

Ridley had the 2nd highest ypc of all rookies last season with 441 yds and 5.1 ypc. There's a 2nd and 3rd rounder working their asses off to let the world know the Pats don't just throw the ball.

Oh, and both Ridley and Vereen can catch out of the backfield, a staple of the McDaniels offense. Look out.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 07-03-2012 at 07:42 PM.

Banned
    You think he's going to throw the ball as many times this year as he did last year?

If so, you are dead wrong.

Care to make a charity bet as to 29 TD's?
    Just because he throws the ball fewer times, doesn't mean he can't put up 26-29 TD's. Especially if he doesn't turn the ball over as much and improves upon his accuracy. It's all about efficiency and quality, not "quantity".

QB's such as Brees and Rodgers put up 46 and 45 TD's. Stafford put up 41. Lets stop acting like Sanchez "can't" put up 29 TD's with a stronger offensive line, better WR's, a better offensive coordinator etc, etc. Not to mention the fact that he's improved his TD total each of the past 3 seasons.

Sanchez threw 26 TD's despite the fact that he threw 18 INT's. Cut down on those INT's, and those TD numbers go up. 29 isn't a "magical" number, it's an average of 1.8 TD's per game. "Amazing".

Care to make a charity bet? With a complete stranger over the internet?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    What do you think our run:pass split is going to be.

I think it's going to be 48:52 (run:pass). And the number of passing vs rushing TDs will be determined by our playcalling from inside the 10.
    You also have to figure that Tebow is going to impact Sanchez' TD totals. I expect to see Tebow in many goalline situations.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Just because he throws the ball fewer times, doesn't mean he can't put up 26-29 TD's. Especially if he doesn't turn the ball over as much and improves upon his accuracy. It's all about efficiency and quality, not "quantity".

QB's such as Brees and Rodgers put up 46 and 45 TD's. Stafford put up 41. Lets stop acting like Sanchez "can't" put up 29 TD's with a stronger offensive line, better WR's, a better offensive coordinator etc, etc. Not to mention the fact that he's improved his TD total each of the past 3 seasons.

Sanchez threw 26 TD's despite the fact that he threw 18 INT's. Cut down on those INT's, and those TD numbers go up. 29 isn't a "magical" number, it's an average of 1.8 TD's per game. "Amazing".

Care to make a charity bet? With a complete stranger over the internet?
    I'm sure one of the mods can be an intermediary.

Banned
    You also have to figure that Tebow is going to impact Sanchez' TD totals. I expect to see Tebow in many goalline situations.
    Goes both ways. One could also say that Tebow will help our offense keep the chains moving in between the 20's, in return giving Sanchez more opportunity to create TD drives.
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 07-03-2012 at 07:28 PM.

I think we're blowing the ground and pound out of proportion. Where's the RB upgrade? Tebow? We upgraded the WR corps, did not pick up a significant blocking TE, and another RB to shoulder the load? McKnight? Maybe.

I don't believe ground and pound will be as FREQUENT as it will be successful.

Banned
    Last but not least, I'm not Ray Ray or anyone else; I'm not on the verge of sitting here and arguing with a nit-picker such as yourself. You argue with anyone and everyone, and it's 24/7 too. I feel Sanchez can throw 29 TD's. You don't. Leave it at that. Go "bet" someone else who you don't agree with. Have the mods be your middle man while you bet strangers.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Goes both ways. One could also say that Tebow will help our offense keep the chains moving in between the 20's, in return giving Sanchez more opportunity to create TD drives.
    Okay.

$100 charity bet. It's been done before here. I'm sure someone can advise the best way to do it.

Put your money where your big mouth is.
    Last edited by Jordy; 07-03-2012 at 07:44 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Last but not least, I'm not Ray Ray or anyone else; I'm not on the verge of sitting here and arguing with a nit-picker such as yourself. You argue with anyone and everyone, and it's 24/7 too. I feel Sanchez can throw 29 TD's. You don't. Leave it at that. Go "bet" someone else who you don't agree with. Have the mods be your middle man while you bet strangers.
    Then don't talk like you're a know it all making bold predictions.

You annoy people. Isn't that why you've been banned so many times?

You've yet to acknowledge that.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I think we're blowing the ground and pound out of proportion. Where's the RB upgrade? Tebow? We upgraded the WR corps, did not pick up a significant blocking TE, and another RB to shoulder the load? McKnight? Maybe.

I don't believe ground and pound will be as FREQUENT as it will be successful.
    Exactly. Anyone who understands Sparano's style of coaching, understands that he uses the run in order to set up the vertical passing game. The Dolphins usually rank top 10 in regards to plays of 20+ yards. Sanchez will have plenty of opportunity to develop and succeed with productive numbers under coach Sparano. Sparano allowing Sanchez (and his WR's) to audible out of a play, change the route at the L.O.S etc, etc will all help Sanchez develop as a quarterback.