Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Tony Sparano appreciation thread

[QUOTE=LadainianIMnotDONE;4505792]Jordy is 50 plus years old and literally spends ALL day trying to troll kids online. His ratio of significant responses to troll responses is something a troll would be proud of. Like I said before he reminds me of that old neighbor that calls the cops or files a complaint on every kid that walks around with a long shirt. I feel sorry for Jordy's neighbors. Jordy in all honesty you should reevaluate yourself man. Social security is right around the corner and you literally respond about 10 times a thread just babbling nonsense on a Jet forum. This is a Jet forum trying to talk about Football man yet all you do is try and pick fights or look desperately for a forum buddy to help join you on a trolling sequence for whoever you're deciding to troll on any given hour. Jordy its real sad to look at you trying to be funny with your Happy Days swagger and kick a 1 liner of some sorts that would have probably made Regis chuckle. Jordy I know watching Matlock reruns can get boring and all that but you can do other things on a Ny Jets forum like TALK FOOTBALL rather than troll all day. You are 50 plus years old man ... u need to figure this out.[/QUOTE]

[i]::snicker::[/i]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=LadainianIMnotDONE;4505792]Jordy is 50 plus years old and literally spends ALL day trying to troll kids online. His ratio of significant responses to troll responses is something a troll would be proud of. Like I said before he reminds me of that old neighbor that calls the cops or files a complaint on every kid that walks around with a long shirt. I feel sorry for Jordy's neighbors. Jordy in all honesty you should reevaluate yourself man. Social security is right around the corner and you literally respond about 10 times a thread just babbling nonsense on a Jet forum. This is a Jet forum trying to talk about Football man yet all you do is try and pick fights or look desperately for a forum buddy to help join you on a trolling sequence for whoever you're deciding to troll on any given hour. Jordy its real sad to look at you trying to be funny with your Happy Days swagger and kick a 1 liner of some sorts that would have probably made Regis chuckle. Jordy I know watching Matlock reruns can get boring and all that but you can do other things on a Ny Jets forum like TALK FOOTBALL rather than troll all day. You are 50 plus years old man ... u need to figure this out.[/QUOTE]
    I have a real simple solution for you Corky. Put me on ignore.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4505411]and it turned out to be a disaster so Im not sure why you are stating this like it was a good thing.[/QUOTE]

It's true; our man Chad made tony look good. I have been wrestling with this lately.

All Pro
    Is this a Joke.Someone started a thread to offer appreciation for the former HC of the most hated Team by most Jets fans.Can we atleast wait until this cat actually do something for us before we throw out the love.

Bewildered Beast
    I would rather paint my eyeballs than read another Ray - Jordy - Trolls thread.

However, the challenge of finding a suitable rating system has refreshed me.

I give this thread a Five "Yeeeesh" rating.

:baghead::baghead::baghead::baghead::baghead:

Banned
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4505851]
    :baghead::baghead::baghead::baghead::baghead:[/QUOTE]

Is that SAR and his cronies sitting in the Club Seats counting all their money from PSL investments?

[QUOTE=Jordy;4505822]I have a real simple solution for you Corky. Put me on ignore.[/QUOTE]

lol oh man ...

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4505853]Is that SAR and his cronies sitting in the Club Seats counting all their money from PSL investments?[/QUOTE]

No, it's the family you've been ignoring to come here and be a never-ending trollbag.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4505449]I have a problem with this notion, and it's getting way overplayed by the media, and IMO, fans are being wrongly influenced by it.

Yes, Sparano, much like Rex, loves to run the ball, they love to run the ball because a good running game exemplifies identify and physicality. A team with a good running game, means control of the game, dominating the time of possession, and most importantly, keeping the defense OFF of the field. That is key.

This should NOT mean, the team will not throw the ball, or can't throw the ball, and that the passing game will not be dynamic or that Sanchez who whoever the QB is, can't handle an advanced passing game.

Fans and media are making too big a deal of it, it's about philosophy. Teams that like to throw the ball, have the mad scientist like OC's that emphasize this style of offense. Just like any offense, sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't, it's all about preference, it's equally about personnel. [B][SIZE="3"]The notion was made that Sanchez struggled last year because the Jets wanted to pass the ball more. This couldn't be further from the truth. The Jets struggled in the passing game, because the running game struggled, because the OL struggled, because the OC changed the philosophy of the offense, and because of lacking talent and explosiveness at the skill positions, especially at WR. If the talent at WR isn't there, it's tough to have an explosive passing attack.
    [/SIZE][/B]
    Talent has been addressed at the WR position in a big way this past off-season, a lot of size and a lot of speed, that was by design. Now, the unit is younger and more inexperienced, but that is the direction the team wanted to head in, comprosing age and experience for youth for talent, i.e. Burress, Mason, and then bringing in players like Schilens, who brings a little of both, youth, size, speed, and talent, but at least has SOME experience. Players like Hill, Kerley, Ganaway, etc, are big infusions of talent, some with very big upside, but they are unknowns.

The team wants to throw the ball, Sparano wants to the throw the ball, but they want their identity to be with game control, dominating the LOS and TOP, and have a physical football team.[/QUOTE]

Thank you why don't folks get this!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4505673]
    LOL. You really ARE obsessed with me. Did you dream of me last night?[/QUOTE]

He didn't but I did.........:D

may need a Miami fan to answer this question: After the 0-7 start did Miami quit on him? It appears they did not because they won 4 games before Tony got the boot at 4-9 and you could argue Miami had to make a move at that point or have no shot at a decent head coach in the off-season. If the team didn't quit that's impressive on it's own. Shows his players respect him despite struggles.

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4505682]Same could be said for Ray.

And Ray uses much meaner language.

So if I use your logic, Ray must be suicidal.

:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

no argument here.

[QUOTE=Jordy;4505684]Are you Turkish?[/QUOTE]

and if I am?

Lets welcome back "OUR" offense

Slorano brings back the vintage Jet offense that
    was developed by Charlie Wiess as much as anyone
    else, this is the offense that the Giants won 2
    superbowls with, the Patriots won 3 Superbowls
    with, and the Jets lost to the Broncos with in the
    championship game under Parcells.

I remember a Curtis Martin fumble late in the
    game that sealed it.

Last year in Miami, Slano's OC was an ex Jet
    QB coach, with a history in NE. I thought his
    play selection was pretty good, -

As long as Rex stays far away from the
    offensive equation, the Jets will do very
    well.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE]may need a Miami fan to answer this question: After the 0-7 start did Miami quit on him? It appears they did not because they won 4 games before Tony got the boot at 4-9 and you could argue Miami had to make a move at that point or have no shot at a decent head coach in the off-season. If the team didn't quit that's impressive on it's own. Shows his players respect him despite struggles. [/QUOTE]

What does this mean? Players respected Chad Pennington but he couldnt get it done.

Again, I have hope for Sparano, but he was a total disaster in miami.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Diego Jet Fan;4505952]Slorano brings back the vintage Jet offense that

game that sealed it.

well.[/QUOTE]

Did you type that out on a Commadore 64?

did sparano ever have a qb? much as henne was sometimes argued as being better than sanchez he wasn't and matt moore isn't exactly the second coming of marino. give sparano credit for getting the doltfins to respectable records in spite of a bad front office.

[QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4505411]and it turned out to be a disaster so Im not sure why you are stating this like it was a good thing.[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP

game that sealed it.

well.[/QUOTE]
    Who is Slorano and Slano and what does the Broncos offense in the AFCCG have to do with our current OC?

All Pro
    I'll "appreciate" when I actually see the results on the field. Until then, it's a clean slate in my mind.

Jets Insider VIP

game that sealed it.

well.[/QUOTE]

Interesting take on things....

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4505987]Who is Slorano and Slano and what does the Broncos offense in the AFCCG have to do with our current OC?[/QUOTE]

He's saying that Sporano's offense comes from Charlie Weiss' offense through Parcells' coaching tree