Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kindle Fire, ebooks, ereaders, and all that crap.....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Big L;4505606]Also, the iPad has an app for reading Kindle books, so I'm sure there's something out there to go from Kindle to Nook or whatever. What it is, I don't know.

In summary, I am of absolutely no help to you.

You're welcome.[/QUOTE]

iPad will slowly eat its competitors. I have the Kindle app on my iPad as well, and it costs nothing (minus whatever people pay for each book on Kindle).

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4505815]ghey[/QUOTE]

when you post that w/ your avatar....it's the awesum!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4505732]I'm still a paper book guy. Kinda old fashioned that way.

_[/QUOTE]

Yup, don't care if I have to pack 2-3 books per trip, love the actual page turning of a real, live book. I look at a screen for work and for fun way too many hours a week, not gonna read for fun that way also. To each his own though.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4506008]Yup, don't care if I have to pack 2-3 books per trip, love the actual page turning of a real, live book. I look at a screen for work and for fun way too many hours a week, not gonna read for fun that way also. To each his own though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I like turning pages, I like having an actual bookmark, I like sticking them up on the shelf or the night stand to go back and visit and reread if exceptional.

I also still read the sports pages and the comics out of a real newspaper.

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4506012]Yeah, I like turning pages, I like having an actual bookmark, I like sticking them up on the shelf or the night stand to go back and visit and reread if exceptional.

I also still read the sports pages and the comics out of a real newspaper.

_[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. I can't tell you how many books I've re-read. I re-read the Stand every 3-4 years. I love the way some books smell (no Anderson).

My wife has trained me to use the liberry so I rarely buy books any more.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4506041]Absolutely. I can't tell you how many books I've re-read. I re-read the Stand every 3-4 years. I love the way some books smell (no Anderson).

My wife has trained me to use the liberry so I rarely buy books any more.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have about 6-7 books that I've read multiple times.

I think I've read Gates of Fire at least thrice, probably due for a read at the end of this summer.

Without Remorse, No Country For Old Men, a bunch of them.

I like picking up an old book and finding a Bahamian or Canadian $5 bill, a card from someone's funeral or an old picture of the kids.

_