Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will the Jets punch people in the mouth this year?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    The Jets defense does not have to be near the Ravens 2000 level. All they have to do is remain top 5.

The key is the offense moving up to 10-14 range this year. If the offense still languishes in the mid-20's, the Jets are looking at another 8-8 season, if not worse.
    Last year the SB Champion Giants were ranked 8th in offense and 27th on defense

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    Last year the SB Champion Giants were ranked 8th in offense and 27th on defense
    In today's NFL, offense is much more important than it was years ago.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    In today's NFL, offense is much more important than it was years ago.
    In 2010 the packers were 9th on offense and 5th on D
    The steelers were 14 th on offense ans 2nd on D

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    The '85 Bears defense were right up there with them.

They were the two best defensive teams in the history of the NFL.
    I'd agree, but they were still a different style of defense. The Bears were a traditional 4-3 defense, unlike the 2000 Ravens.

The Jets are a hybrid mish mosh 3-4 defense that's great in outside coverage, but vulnerable underneath with limited pass rush. Or, at least it was last year.

In this league, if you have one aspect of the defense that's great, you're in the top 10. Jets have Revis and Cro.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    All I care about and which makes me so happy is that I won't have to see Mulligan in motion 30 times a game

I'm 34 I have been a Jet fan all my life I think Mulligan is my most hated jet of all time.I wanted to throw something at my tv everytime he was on the field

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IHATEDOLPHINS View Post
    All I care about and which makes me so happy is that I won't have to see Mulligan in motion 30 times a game

I think Shotty's motion offense fooled Sanchez more than it did the defense.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fooled everyone except the defenses, and the fans.

When the fans on the couches can tell what play is going to be run from where the TE lines up, it's bad.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My take is this:

The Jets definitely improved during this offseason. They got stronger in a lot of areas. Schotty being gone is addition by subtraction and is probably one of the best moves the team made. They got better at the Safety spot, no doubt. It's apparent from all the banter that Stephen Hill is a very good up and coming WR. They added another RB and the competition at that spot should bring out the best in all of them.

Most of all, I'm impressed with the defense. They were already a great defense. When you're ranked number 5, the statistics say you are one of the best defenses in the NFL. It's also a game of inches. Take away just a couple of bad defensive mixups and the Jets defense could've been ranked number 1 last season. Now, with the new players and an apparent pass rush, they will easily be top 5 if not number 1.

Rex also learned a lesson from last season. He knows he needs to get more involved with the offense. He knows he needs to get on the defense about playing penalty free football.

All of those things IMO, indicates that the Jets will improve this season and make the playoffs. I'll say about 10-6 or so.

The problem that I have with the team is when they get into the playoffs, what will they do? In 2009 and 2010 the Jets OL entered the "zone". They took their game to a new level.

However, I just can't see that playing out again. Sticking with Wayne Hunter was probably a bad move and if the Jets OL doesn't enter the "zone", then I believe the team will one and done.

So they'll come up short to those 09 and 10 seasons, but they will improve and at least make a much better showing this season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    See that just shows you how little you know TX!!!!

That was the whole point of Schotty's offense --- to fool Sanchez!! It was a plan that Schotty knew no one would catch on to......

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm 34 I have been a Jet fan all my life I think Mulligan is my most hated jet of all time.I wanted to throw something at my tv everytime he was on the field
    My most hated Jet of all time is still probably Jerry Holmes from the '80's always got toasted on 3rd and long or had a Pass Interference, the all time worst starting CB in Jet history, yet every new season he was back and someone would get hurt and the bum would be starting for us again, getting toasted again ,...etc. the friggen worst

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    not to redirect the thread but without question the jet i just could not stand was keyshawn johnson..... what an immense pain in the culo...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joe resler View Post
    not to redirect the thread but without question the jet i just could not stand was keyshawn johnson..... what an immense pain in the culo...
    Agreed, major A Hole, and I still can't stand him on Countdown, he ruined that show for me

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Good thread. Good ousting of blockhead Mully and $hithead Shoddy. welcome Thrill Hill and Co

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    That is a ridiculous comparison.

First off, the 2012 Jets defense is no where near the defense the Ravens had in 2000. Totally absurd to make that comparison.

Second,the Ravens offense was ranked in the top half of the NFL at #14. The Jets offense is ranked in the mid-20's.
    Do you ever stop?

Why do you feel the need to make stupid comments to whoever posts anything remotely positive?

What does last years O have to do with this season.

You get more and more annoying by the day,

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Do you ever stop?

Why do you feel the need to make stupid comments to whoever posts anything remotely positive?

Stupid comments?

I replied to a poster who claimed the 2012 Jets are the same as the 2000 Ravens.

The Jets defense is no where near the level of the Ravens 2000 defense and the Jets offense of 2012 is dramatically worse than the Ravens 2000 offense.

Unless of course, you think they are.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Do you ever stop?

What does last years O have to do with this season.

You get more and more annoying by the day,
    No. He never stops. That's why more people wanted his ass banned than all the other trolls combined. This is all he does. Now he'll cry about how Sooth did something in the last friggin' century that somehow makes all his trolling a-ok. He's an old, worthless c*nt who's only mission in life is to go to the ONE jets messageboard where the proprietor allows him to run roughshod over any threads that anybody dares to say anything good about the Jets.

Just thank Sooth.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sure we can, but while it may take only one fist to start a fight it requires two get it finished. Offense has to step up, and big time, it makes it much easier to start and finish a fight with two fists and it starts with 16 fights one at a time.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    No. He never stops. That's why more people wanted his ass banned than all the other trolls combined. This is all he does. Now he'll cry about how Sooth did something in the last friggin' century that somehow makes all his trolling a-ok. He's an old, worthless c*nt who's only mission in life is to go to the ONE jets messageboard where the proprietor allows him to run roughshod over any threads that anybody dares to say anything good about the Jets.

Just thank Sooth.
    Go sign DWC's petition.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Go sign DWC's petition.
    Go drink a gallon of ammonia.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post

Just thank Sooth.
    There's a better solution than a petition.

VIP Membership. As long as Tx is posting here, do not participate. As soon as he is banned permanently, send your money. But until then, you can live with ads.