Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will the Jets punch people in the mouth this year?

It's amazing how every thread starts out so well with participation on the part of true Jet fans then crashes & burns after some well thought out posts.
    It's like dealing with children poking at each other saying, "does this bother you?, cause I'm really not touching you".

Damn. Just ignore the taunts. It's that easy.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Stupid comments?

The Jets defense is no where near the level of the Ravens 2000 defense and the Jets offense of 2012 is dramatically worse than the Ravens 2000 offense.
    Have you seen the 2012 Jets offense yet?

Yes, it's a stupid comment.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Have you seen the 2012 Jets offense yet?
    Neither have you.

Outside the addition of a raw and unproven rookie WR, the Jets offese is exactly the same as last year.

Neither have you.

Outside the addition of a raw and unproven rookie WR, the Jets offese is exactly the same as last year.
    Well they have changed the OC.

I don't know if they will be any good but I'm pretty sure they will be quite physical given Sparano's background and the way his teams have performed in the past.

Jets Insider VIP
    Neither have you.

Interesting. Can you justify for us how Tony Sparano and Brian Schottenheimer are exactly the same?

You know what, don't bother.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Interesting. Can you justify for us how Tony Sparano and Brian Schottenheimer are exactly the same?

You know what, don't bother.
    Can you please provide Sparano's resume as an OC in the NFL.

I'd like to see all his experience.

Veteran
    Neither have you.
    I'm not the one making outlandish claims, you are.

Neither have you.

LEts see Chaz Schilens, Tim Tebow- will be a big help as wildcat QB, Rookie Wr Stephen Hill and addition of Stephon Heyer who I see winning a starting guard position on the Jets oline. Jets done a little more than add a rookie Wr to the offense.

The Jets offense is going to be one of the most interesting storylines of the NFL season. Who can possibly predict what this amalgamation is going to produce? I think of the Jets offense the same way I think of the Pats' defense: well, it can't possibly get any worse.

What I've noticed is that Sparano has been built into some kind of savior or something when there's nothing in his background to indicate he's going to have earthshattering success. I think that people hated Shotty so much that they've built Saparano into something he might not be able to live up to. He may, but there's nothing in his past that suggests it's a "given". I think people's hope has become some kind of assumption at this point.

Bewildered Beast

"Josh McDaniels says Hi!"

PatsGheyTX

Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    What I've noticed is that Sparano has been built into some kind of savior or something when there's nothing in his background to indicate he's going to have earthshattering success. I think that people hated Shotty so much that they've built Saparano into something he might not be able to live up to. He may, but there's nothing in his past that suggests it's a "given". I think people's hope has become some kind of assumption at this point.
    When we want your opinion, we'll give it to you.

All Pro
    I think the whole team was shottenheimered

Can you please provide Belichick's resume running offenses (as he does) prior to the Patriots?

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Can you please provide Belichick's resume running offenses (as he does) prior to the Patriots?
    Well, he doesn't have to anymore, he's got his prodigal son Josh McDaniels back to run the offense for him so he can go back to tinkering with that god-awful defense.

Every Jets fan is jumping for joy at having a new OC... Pats fans are, too!
    Last edited by ASG0531; 07-03-2012 at 09:56 PM.

Nope.

Yes great prediction! We showed them

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigFL View Post
    We added two competent blockers at WR, a 250 lb QB/RB hybrid and another 240 RB. If the Oline stays healthy then we should be able to pound other teams.
    This should frighten many teams; will the NFL allow us to KEEP such a weapon?

I'm so scared when I think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    The Jets offense is going to be one of the most interesting storylines of the NFL season. Who can possibly predict what this amalgamation is going to produce? I think of the Jets offense the same way I think of the Pats' defense: well, it can't possibly get any worse.
    LOL... The Jets O accomplished the impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by AFCRunnersup View Post
    Yes great prediction! We showed them
    Jets might still get in the playoffs
    No Revis
    No Holmes
    No pass rush

No.