Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DirecTV -Sunday Ticket

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Took 20 minutes on the phone.

Customer since 1997

Suggested to the first rep that I was considering cancelling - immediately transferred to Retention.

Explained to retention rep that the bill was getting too high and that for Sunday Ticket, my main reason for going with DirectTV, my team had close to 8 nationally televised games this year, so it wasn't worth it anymore.

This is what I got immediately with no problems in exchange for a one year commitment.

$10 off each month for three months for the Viacom issue
    $10 off HD charges for a full year
    $5 off my HBO subscription for a full year
    $20 off my base package for a full year
    Free Sunday Ticket this year.
    Free Sunday Ticket Max this year.

My bill went from (pre-tax) $104 a month to $59 month for the first 3 months then tp $69 a month for the rest of the year. (Again with free STMax)

Also, and most importantly, the young lady Sarah said that she would enter notes into the system for next year and guaranteed that I would get the same discounts next year in exchange for another 1 year commitment. She told me all I have to do is call on July 17th next year and tell the rep to read the notes and give me the same discounts!

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just called and got the Ticket for free and Max for 50. and 10 off the bill for 3 months. It's not the best but I'm happy.

Just like it's been stated the Viacom issue is a big deal, don't let it pass you by.
    If you're a experienced negotiator(I'm not)you can clean up right now at DirecTV.

Thanks to all for the input.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    Took 20 minutes on the phone.

Customer since 1997

Suggested to the first rep that I was considering cancelling - immediately transferred to Retention.

Explained to retention rep that the bill was getting too high and that for Sunday Ticket, my main reason for going with DirectTV, my team had close to 8 nationally televised games this year, so it wasn't worth it anymore.

This is what I got immediately with no problems in exchange for a one year commitment.

$10 off each month for three months for the Viacom issue
    $10 off HD charges for a full year
    $5 off my HBO subscription for a full year
    $20 off my base package for a full year
    Free Sunday Ticket this year.
    Free Sunday Ticket Max this year.

My bill went from (pre-tax) $104 a month to $59 month for the first 3 months then tp $69 a month for the rest of the year. (Again with free STMax)

Also, and most importantly, the young lady Sarah said that she would enter notes into the system for next year and guaranteed that I would get the same discounts next year in exchange for another 1 year commitment. She told me all I have to do is call on July 17th next year and tell the rep to read the notes and give me the same discounts!
    Eerily similar deal since I called when I saw your post because it's one of the best I've seen so far

$10 off for 3 months because of Viacomm... Peeps this is standard and the very first thing they say to you... Tell them it ain't enough but don't lead into the Sunday ticket right away... I made that mistake first and had to call back...

$5 off HBO for 3 months... I tried to push the year thing but knew I was going for more and didn't want to hit a nerve too soon...

$20 off my base (which is a lot more than yours by the way lol) for 12 months... This was extremely tough and I almost had to hang up a 2nd time... She could sense my frustration and that I was honestly to the brink, not that I would have cancelled but she didn't know that... Besides, they make too much off of me to care...

Free HD Receiver, which I've been tentative on because I'm trying to put it in the bathroom and the logistics are messy... - giggity... This was my no way I'm budging, discussed simultaneously with the additional monies off my base bill, deal outlined above...

Then finally!

Free ST Max this season... She basically threw it at me when I asked, partially because she was sick of dealing with me but they seem to not care to give this away... Especially if you let them know you've actually paid for it in the past...

All in all, not too shabby... I wasn't going to call because I didn't want the headache and a few extra dollars is what it is but I honestly wanted to see how much they valued me as a customer, just for my own benefit... That and I didn't want to pay for a new receiver and this seemed like a good lead in to that...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Eerily similar deal since I called when I saw your post because it's one of the best I've seen so far

$10 off for 3 months because of Viacomm... Peeps this is standard and the very first thing they say to you... Tell them it ain't enough but don't lead into the Sunday ticket right away... I made that mistake first and had to call back...

$5 off HBO for 3 months... I tried to push the year thing but knew I was going for more and didn't want to hit a nerve too soon...

$20 off my base (which is a lot more than yours by the way lol) for 12 months... This was extremely tough and I almost had to hang up a 2nd time... She could sense my frustration and that I was honestly to the brink, not that I would have cancelled but she didn't know that... Besides, they make too much off of me to care...

Free HD Receiver, which I've been tentative on because I'm trying to put it in the bathroom and the logistics are messy... - giggity... This was my no way I'm budging, discussed simultaneously with the additional monies off my base bill, deal outlined above...

Then finally!

Free ST Max this season... She basically threw it at me when I asked, partially because she was sick of dealing with me but they seem to not care to give this away... Especially if you let them know you've actually paid for it in the past...

All in all, not too shabby... I wasn't going to call because I didn't want the headache and a few extra dollars is what it is but I honestly wanted to see how much they valued me as a customer, just for my own benefit... That and I didn't want to pay for a new receiver and this seemed like a good lead in to that...
    Wow, how big is your bathroom?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Then finally!

What is the phone number you used? please.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SDJETS View Post
    Wow, how big is your bathroom?
    If I had to guess? Maybe 350 sq ft

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    What is the phone number you used? please.
    867-5309

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    If I had to guess? Maybe 350 sq ft

867-5309
    All I get is a guy asking me if I want to "Remember the Eighties!".

Srsly; I got $5.00 off for 3 months; asked "Pedro" for the Supervisor and held for about 5 minutes. I Hung up and I will call back.

800-531-5000

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    All I get is a guy asking me if I want to "Remember the Eighties!".

Srsly; I got $5.00 off for 3 months; asked "Pedro" for the Supervisor and held for about 5 minutes. I Hung up and I will call back.

800-531-5000
    You're in retentions right? Voice - Cancel Service when prompted to get there...

Give them the your kids can't watch Spongebob spiel...

Tell them you gave them a week on good faith that this would get resolved and you're tired of waiting, that you've been a valued customer... Cite examples - for me, I've moved three times since I've had DTV and carried them every time... I then point to how absurdly expensive my bill is and that my wife won't allow me to pay more and she's currently PO'd that she can't watch whatever fat teenage pregnancy show is on MTV at the moment...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're in retentions right? Voice - Cancel Service when prompted to get there...

Give them the your kids can't watch Spongebob spiel...

Tell them you gave them a week on good faith that this would get resolved and you're tired of waiting, that you've been a valued customer... Cite examples - for me, I've moved three times since I've had DTV and carried them every time... I then point to how absurdly expensive my bill is and that my wife won't allow me to pay more and she's currently PO'd that she can't watch whatever fat teenage pregnancy show is on MTV at the moment...
    LOL... I hear you... why do women love that shiit?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    It's friggin' astounding...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Jet Fans WHo Love WOmen WHo Love That Shiit.

Since I went small I now have the base package "Entertainment" with free Showtime and Starz for 6 months; sportspak for free for 3 months and I pay $99 for the ST. My bill is tiny at $42/month; 59.99 for everything.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just got:

$20 month/12 months
    All Movie/Sports Channels for 2 Months
    Free NFL Sunday Ticket (with Redzone and mobile)

Thanks for the advice guys!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got Redzone for free and the standard $10 for 3 months. I was going to push for the entire thing free, but I already got hbo and showtime for free within the past year, and with Season 7 of Dexter around the corner, I need to save a bargaining chip for when my free showtime runs out.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Since I only signed up last year, I had no leverage

But, I was still able to get ST Max for $100 total. All I told the rep was that I wanted to drop Sunday Ticket. She transferred me to what she called the "NFL Sunday Ticket department." I reiterated to the guy in this dept. that I wanted to cancel Sunday Ticket and he automatically asked if I'd keep it if I could get STMax for $100. I didn't haggle. I simply said, "yes."

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    I got Redzone for free and the standard $10 for 3 months. I was going to push for the entire thing free, but I already got hbo and showtime for free within the past year, and with Season 7 of Dexter around the corner, I need to save a bargaining chip for when my free showtime runs out.
    It's a shame the Dexter thread in the Hampur died a couple of years ago. Next season picks up at the precise moment Deb walked in and witnessed what she did. Can't wait. It has already been announced that there will be 2 more seasons of Dex..... the one starting this October + one more the next year. Gotta think they will be good.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a shame the Dexter thread in the Hampur died a couple of years ago. Next season picks up at the precise moment Deb walked in and witnessed what she did. Can't wait. It has already been announced that there will be 2 more seasons of Dex..... the one starting this October + one more the next year. Gotta think they will be good.
    One of my faves... Always happy to see a true original take flight like Dexter has...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK, I need some advice how to get something back from these jokers.

Here's my deal:

I've been with DirecTV for well over 10 years (probably closer to 12 or 13).

I've had Sunday Ticket the entire time with the exception of last year due to cost-cutting.

I recently ordered ST for this upcoming season and just made my 2nd payment on it.

What do you recommend I ask for?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    OK, I need some advice how to get something back from these jokers.

Here's my deal:

I've been with DirecTV for well over 10 years (probably closer to 12 or 13).

I've had Sunday Ticket the entire time with the exception of last year due to cost-cutting.

I recently ordered ST for this upcoming season and just made my 2nd payment on it.

What do you recommend I ask for?
    Well, you're definitely in for the $10 off per month for 3 months, although I'm still scratching my head as to how WCO didn't get it...

I would try to get the $20 off your base over 12 and I certainly would say how disturbed you are about reading how all those lower tenured customers of DTV are receiving deals that you've never once asked for or been offered...

Play the victim... Sounds like the best way to go for your situation...

See if they'll knock down your remaining ST payments since you already began payments but I would try to get your HD and premium show $ knocked off instead since I don't think they'll budge...Knowing that you were already willing to pay for it that is...

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Took 20 minutes.

Cancelled HBO

Got a $10 HD discount continued

Got Sunday Ticket and Max for $24.99 for 6 months.

I'm happy

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, you're definitely in for the $10 off per month for 3 months, although I'm still scratching my head as to how WCO didn't get it...

I would try to get the $20 off your base over 12 and I certainly would say how disturbed you are about reading how all those lower tenured customers of DTV are receiving deals that you've never once asked for or been offered...

Play the victim... Sounds like the best way to go for your situation...

See if they'll knock down your remaining ST payments since you already began payments but I would try to get your HD and premium show $ knocked off instead since I don't think they'll budge...Knowing that you were already willing to pay for it that is...
    Thanks, will definitely try this out!