Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DirecTV -Sunday Ticket

DirecTV -Sunday Ticket

I haven't had to pay full price for Sunday Ticket in some time, thanks mostly to this site. Prices are at the lowest in years, but that's not really true since you have to pay more if you want Red Zone and computer access.

Wondering if any one had luck calling yet?

All League
    I'm signed up for $147.94 and if a better deal surfaces before July 31, I'll renegotiate.

I might try the cancellation trick, I'm just too lazy right now.

The changes this year as I understand them is the online feature isn't available as a separate add-on anymore. Huge bummer.

To get the online Sunday Ticket you must purchase Sunday Ticket Max for an additional $100, which includes mobile and Redzone.

Also, Redzone isn't free with basic Sunday Ticket like it was in the past.

I really don't care about Redzone, but online is a must if you travel and need to watch on a laptop.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I'm moving to a new house and with the move you get a up grade DVR and free Sunday ticket..

Have not tried yet, but many people seem to be getting 1/2 off or more. Some for free with a 1 year commitment.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

I got it free, first year Ive ever managed that. I can't link the thread from my phone but do a search and you'll find it

Rookie
    1st yr. I've got it free. Pulled the cancellation trick. They caved.

I used the cancellation trick and got a $20 credit per month over the next 12 months in exchange for a one-year commitment. More than covers the cost of the basic service. (I'd have to fork over an extra $100 for mobile/RZC, but I'll probably wait until I know I'm traveling on a gameday to do that.

Also, an added flourish: I mentioned to the guy that my wife was cracking down on bills, and that I needed to be able to sell it to her. He asked "does she like movies?" I said, "yes she does." And they gave me three free months of Showtime, too.

I'm sure some will get more out of them, but I'm still amazed this works year after year.

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    For me, it's Jets when they are on (with Red Zone on another TV) and Red Zone when they are not. That blows if they take Red Zone away. I may call if that is indeed the case.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisChrusher#40 View Post
    For me, it's Jets when they are on (with Red Zone on another TV) and Red Zone when they are not. That blows if they take Red Zone away. I may call if that is indeed the case.
    I will miss the RZC somewhat, but when you still have Game Mix it's not as crucial.

All League
    Has anyone purchased the package and sucessfully gotten the RZC portion free? That's what I'll be shooting for, because not having RZC would be a bummer.

I'm thinking about complaing how they advertise it as lowering the cost of Sunday ticket, but the they didn't lower the cost, they only made it 2 seperate portions(I don't know if that's true, I don't know the cost last year, got it free for signing up).

Anyone got anything else? I'm not within 2 years of my contract, so if I threaten cancelling they'll laugh at me and tell me to pay them there 200 bucks a month.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisChrusher#40 View Post
    +1. On non home game Sundays, we usually find ourselves on the red zone. And then flip to the game in question. If they pull that, then I will lobby to get that add on or withdraw. I really don't use the full Sunday Ticket as much as I like to think I do. There's an illogical satisfaction just knowing it's there. We football fans are crazy.

Jets Insider VIP
    I have FIOS, thus no Sunday Ticket available

but for me having RZ is like a Christmas Present every Sunday during the NFL seasons. Most weeks, I watch the Jets game and watch RZ for the other afternoon block and when the Jets are playing on Monday or Sunday or Thursday night, Sunday is pretty much all RZ for me unless one of our AFC East rivals is on the network broadcast and getting beaten

Hall Of Fame
    whats the difference between red zone and sunday ticket? and i have time warner cable which one can i get?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets_Fragger View Post
    whats the difference between red zone and sunday ticket? and i have time warner cable which one can i get?
    Sunday Ticket: every Sunday afternoon NFL game is available for viewing, each with it's own dedicated channel (exclusively on Directv).

Red Zone: one channel which jumps from game to game, showing a lot of the action and all of the scoring. Most television providers offer this channel. As for Time Warner, I'm not sure.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I'm moving to a new house and with the move you get a up grade DVR and free Sunday ticket..
    seems like an awful lot of work just to get free Sunday ticket.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets_Fragger View Post
    with Time Warner Cable

you get

NONE OF THE ABOVE

get FIOS

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    with Time Warner Cable

you get

NONE OF THE ABOVE

get FIOS
    I have Cablevision...So I don't even get the NFL Channel.

My parents have Direct TV, so I order it from them, and then watch the Mobile from laptop at my place. My father loves the RZ Channel...I'll have to check what they are paying and call in for the discount again. Last three years, I paid 1/2 off, or nothing like last year...

It's to early to call for me

I have Verizon so I have the NFL Redzone for $49.99 and I love it. Its much better then Sunday ticket redzone, much better editing. I have 2 TV's, 60' Samsung for the local broadcasts and one 32' for the redzone. Heaven.

Got it for close to free without much haggling at all.

$24.99 a month, plus a $15 per month credit so Sunday Ticket will cost $9.99 a month.

I have 3 televisions so no need for the red zone channel or online elements.

I just received $25 per month for the next 12 months off on the movie package I have, but they didn't move on the NFL Ticket, with RZ...They are still at $49.99 for 5 payments...

I am going to have to call again in a week or so and just cancel it...Then they will offer it for half price.