Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: Overly Solicitous Wait Staff

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wildcat Country
    Posts
    4,872
    Post Thanks / Like

    Overly Solicitous Wait Staff

    Family took me out for dinner for my birthday tonight and we got one of those overly solicitous waitresses/waiters (in this case a she). Man I hate that ****. You know the ones where they fawn all over you, work way too hard at acting like your enjoyment is their sole reason in life. Describe the specials to a degree and with so many adjectives that it's ad nauseum. It's funny to me cuz maybe they think by being "so engaged" they're giving you outstanding service and deserving the big tip but to me it's actually the reverse--sucky service. For one thing, they become so much of a hovering presence they actually impinge upon the meal and make it uncomfortable. For another, I'm not there to get chatty and engage with you as wait staff. This moron chick kept referring to Mrs. B as "Milady" and me as "Good Sir." Man by the time the appetizers came I wanted to ****ing donkey punch the *****. Then there's the in addition to their behavior ****ing up your meal, you know they're only doing it in the first place cuz they're so tip conscious. Except you want to say ""Ya I know you want 20+% and I'd give it to you if you'd just back the **** off, stop being such an obvious greedy mother****er, and ****ing up my birthday dinner with these stupid little jokes and conversational asides that nobody thinks are funny. Bad enough paying the "summer menu prices": $25 for six shrimp + spaghetti noodles and white sauce. You're a waitress. Serve the food and STFU. Encounter these types the most in "tourist" type scenarios...(the Vineyard, Sante Fe, Stowe, or in this case Marblehead, MA).

    Also I bought my freshwater fishing license this afternoon so I could take my son fishing in Maine. Convenience fee? WTF is convenience fee?
    Last edited by BushyTheBeaver; 03-16-2014 at 04:31 PM.

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,371
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's how they roll at Medieval Times.

    Didn't the moat, minstrelsy, lack of utensils and all-around knavery tip you off?

    well the minstrelsy could be confused for most prog rock
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 07-03-2012 at 02:14 AM.

  3. #3
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,867
    Post Thanks / Like
    Andy Rooney is still alive apparently...and up to his chest in waders.

    -

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,542
    Post Thanks / Like
    What I learned from this post: Bushy's waitress was fat, ugly, or some combination of the two.

    No chance of complaint of too much attention from her if she was attractive.

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    3,345
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's simple. The server lady wanted your junk. It's obvious. If that's not hitting on someone, then I don't know WHAT is.














    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Andy Rooney is still alive apparently...and up to his chest in waders.

    -
    LOLs

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cape Coral, FL
    Posts
    1,067
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Andy Rooney is still alive apparently...and up to his chest in waders.

    -
    lol

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    6,873
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Andy Rooney is still alive apparently...and up to his chest in waders.

    -


    Last edited by crossfire; 07-03-2012 at 08:08 AM.

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,142
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post

    all-around knavery
    Phrase of the Week.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    13,785
    Post Thanks / Like
    How do people who need to ride mass-transit afford 25 dollar meals?

    Get off the dole and buy a car.

  10. #10
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,028
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Wife and kids took me out for dinner for my birthday tonight and we got one of those overly solicitous waitresses/waiters (in this case a she). Man I hate that ****. You know the ones where they fawn all over you, work way too hard at acting like your enjoyment is their sole reason in life. Describe the specials to a degree and with so many adjectives that it's ad nauseum. It's funny to me cuz maybe they think by being "so engaged" they're giving you outstanding service and deserving the big tip but to me it's actually the reverse--sucky service. For one thing, they become so much of a hovering presence they actually impinge upon the meal and make it uncomfortable. For another, I'm not there to get chatty and engage with you as wait staff. This moron chick kept referring to Mrs. B as "Milady" and me as "Good Sir." Man by the time the appetizers came I wanted to ****ing donkey punch the *****. Then there's the in addition to their behavior ****ing up your meal, you know they're only doing it in the first place cuz they're so tip conscious. Except you want to say ""Ya I know you want 20+% and I'd give it to you if you'd just back the **** off, stop being such an obvious greedy mother****er, and ****ing up my birthday dinner with these stupid little jokes and conversational asides that nobody thinks are funny. Bad enough paying the "summer menu prices": $25 for six shrimp + spaghetti noodles and white sauce. You're a waitress. Serve the food and STFU. Encounter these types the most in "tourist" type scenarios...(the Vineyard, Sante Fe, Stowe, or in this case Marblehead, MA).

    Also I bought my freshwater fishing license this afternoon so I could take my son fishing in Maine. Convenience fee? WTF is convenience fee?
    You should know better - its not right to donkey punch anyone in front of your kids.

    Also, paragraphs are your friends.

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,371
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Andy Rooney is still alive apparently...and up to his chest in waders.

    -
    no, it's waiters

  12. #12
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't get the outrage.

  13. #13
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    758
    Post Thanks / Like
    Next time, take the family out to Hooters.


    I'm sure your view on the waitresses will change when they stick their tits in your face.

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wildcat Country
    Posts
    4,872
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    That's how they roll at Medieval Times.

    Didn't the moat, minstrelsy, lack of utensils and all-around knavery tip you off?

    well the minstrelsy could be confused for most prog rock
    Except it was a seafood place. The only thing medieval about it were the dinner rolls.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post

    Also, paragraphs are your friends.
    This.

    _

  16. #16
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    37,842
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    This moron chick kept referring to Mrs. B as "Milady" and me as "Good Sir."
    sounds as if ye wench wanted you to cometh betwixt thou fullsomes

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    8,763
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    I don't get the outrage.

    This.


    I tend to get the opposite - wait staff who ignores you....those f*cks really get to me. Thus the reason if I get good service I tip very well.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,542
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    This.


    I tend to get the opposite - wait staff who ignores you....those f*cks really get to me. Thus the reason if I get good service I tip very well.
    ...but just the tip

  19. #19
    Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,932
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    Phrase of the Week.
    +!

  20. #20
    Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,932
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Wife and kids took me out for dinner for my birthday tonight and we got one of those overly solicitous waitresses/waiters (in this case a she). Man I hate that ****. You know the ones where they fawn all over you, work way too hard at acting like your enjoyment is their sole reason in life. Describe the specials to a degree and with so many adjectives that it's ad nauseum. It's funny to me cuz maybe they think by being "so engaged" they're giving you outstanding service and deserving the big tip but to me it's actually the reverse--sucky service. For one thing, they become so much of a hovering presence they actually impinge upon the meal and make it uncomfortable. For another, I'm not there to get chatty and engage with you as wait staff. This moron chick kept referring to Mrs. B as "Milady" and me as "Good Sir." Man by the time the appetizers came I wanted to ****ing donkey punch the *****. Then there's the in addition to their behavior ****ing up your meal, you know they're only doing it in the first place cuz they're so tip conscious. Except you want to say ""Ya I know you want 20+% and I'd give it to you if you'd just back the **** off, stop being such an obvious greedy mother****er, and ****ing up my birthday dinner with these stupid little jokes and conversational asides that nobody thinks are funny. Bad enough paying the "summer menu prices": $25 for six shrimp + spaghetti noodles and white sauce. You're a waitress. Serve the food and STFU. Encounter these types the most in "tourist" type scenarios...(the Vineyard, Sante Fe, Stowe, or in this case Marblehead, MA).

    Also I bought my freshwater fishing license this afternoon so I could take my son fishing in Maine. Convenience fee? WTF is convenience fee?
    In the Knavery! In the Knavery!


    The Village People think you cannot edit your way out of a serf's lambskin sack. You must still be fappin to that waitress.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us