Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Overly Solicitous Wait Staff

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    "This tipping automatically, it's for the birds". Well said Mr. Pink, well said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-qV9wVGb38

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    In the Knavery! In the Knavery!

The Village People think you cannot edit your way out of a serf's lambskin sack. You must still be fappin to that waitress.
    Forsooth, life is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Forsooth, life is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
    Talkers are no good doers: be assur'd,
    We go to use our hands, and not our tongues.

Duke of Crossfire,
    murder scene

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Talkers are no good doers: be assur'd,
    We go to use our hands, and not our tongues.

Duke of Crossfire,
    murder scene
    What's fapp'd, cannot be unfapp'd.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    ...but just the tip
    Did you hear about the mohel who worked for free?

He only took tips.

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    What's fapp'd, cannot be unfapp'd.
    lol, that's the ticket!

:fapper: :fapper: :fapper:

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Did you hear about the mohel who worked for free?

He only took tips.
    meshugganah

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    This.

I tend to get the opposite - wait staff who ignores you....those f*cks really get to me. Thus the reason if I get good service I tip very well.
    Oh I agree, they suck too. Although truly I don't get too many of those. Maybe you need to take charge of the situation a little more.

Actually my most common complaint RE restaurant service is the waiter/waitress that provides good service throughout most of the meal but who disappears at some point, perhaps after the entrees are served, perhaps after coffee. At some point you're done eating, done desert, done coffee. You 're feeling happy, fat and tired and you want to pay your check and go. It's at that point where I have sometimes had to wait up to 30 minutes to get my bill due to a waiter who was nowhere to be found. Unacceptable, and especially bad if you have kids (who start getting antsy the second they're done eating). Sometimes I've actually had to leave my seat to ask the maitre d "Where is my waiter? I've been waiting 20 minutes to pay my bill." Stuff like this has taught me you really need to take charge when it comes to wait staff. So like when they bring desert I tell them thanks I want the check now. And when they try to drop it off and flitter away I say hold on, stay there. They can stand and wait the 60 seconds it takes me to scan the bill.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Wife and kids took me out for dinner for my birthday tonight and we got one of those overly solicitous waitresses/waiters (in this case a she). Man I hate that ****. You know the ones where they fawn all over you, work way too hard at acting like your enjoyment is their sole reason in life. Describe the specials to a degree and with so many adjectives that it's ad nauseum. It's funny to me cuz maybe they think by being "so engaged" they're giving you outstanding service and deserving the big tip but to me it's actually the reverse--sucky service. For one thing, they become so much of a hovering presence they actually impinge upon the meal and make it uncomfortable. For another, I'm not there to get chatty and engage with you as wait staff. This moron chick kept referring to Mrs. B as "Milady" and me as "Good Sir." Man by the time the appetizers came I wanted to ****ing donkey punch the *****. Then there's the in addition to their behavior ****ing up your meal, you know they're only doing it in the first place cuz they'll so tip conscious. Except you want to say ""Ya I know you want 20+% and I'd give it to you if you'd just back the **** off, stop being such an obvious greedy mother****er, and ****ing up my birthday dinner with these stupid little jokes and conversational asides that nobody thinks are funny. Bad enough paying the "summer menu prices": $25 for six shrimp + spaghetti noodles and white sauce. You're a waitress. Serve the food and STFU. Encounter these types the most in "tourist" type scenarios...(the Vineyard, Sante Fe, Stowe, or in this case Marblehead, MA).

Also I bought my freshwater fishing license this afternoon so I could take my son fishing in Maine. Convenience fee? WTF is convenience fee?

I thought I was ****ed up. You make me feel normal. Oh and a donkey punch to a member of the wait staff while having a family dinner can be awkward for everyone involved. Glad u restrained yourself.
    Last edited by thebigragu; 07-04-2012 at 12:16 AM.