Thread: Would you take Cedric Benson?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Would you take Cedric Benson?

Would u take Cedric Benson on a Vet minimum?

I could see Greene carrying the load with McKnight sprinkled in & Benson adding some more bruises in the 2nd half.
    Just curious as to his availablity. I'm sure the Bengals just don't want to pay.
    But if u are TRULY going back to ground & pound, Greene, Benson, Gannaway & Tebow would truly be a physical nightmare for any front 7s.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetster;4506499]Would u take Cedric Benson on a Vet minimum?

I could see Greene carrying the load with McKnight sprinkled in & Benson adding some more bruises in the 2nd half.
    Just curious as to his availablity. I'm sure the Bengals just don't want to pay.
    But if u are TRULY going back to ground & pound, Greene, Benson, Gannaway & Tebow would truly be a physical nightmare for any front 7s.[/QUOTE]

Cedric Benson is probably ending up in Oakland. (right before training camp) .

The Jets don't need another one of these type of running backs. They need a speed back that can offer something different to their Rb by committee.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the lesson that the JETS must learn from last year is that trying to win with re-threads doesnt work. IMHO, Ced Benson is damaged, he is a guy with many carries under his belt, but more importantly has questionable desire and seems to turn it on and off. It doesnt help having a wrap sheet as well, I was hoping we were past this. We drafted many hungry RBs and the competition should be great this summer. Most are unproven and the cream should rise to the top. Green as the young vet, followed by McKnight, Powell, Ganaway, and Connor. All young and hungry. I would stick with this game plan over signing Ced Benson

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cedric Benson is slower then Greene. No way.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetster;4506499]Would u take Cedric Benson on a Vet minimum?

But if u are TRULY going back to ground & pound, Greene, Benson, Gannaway & Tebow would truly be a physical nightmare for any front 7s.[/QUOTE]

We don't need more crappy running backs, we need one of our runningbacks to develop into a Primary workhorse.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think he would even take a vet minimum contract

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would take Ryan Grant if he checks out. We need someone to pick up the blitz

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4506515]I would take Ryan Grant if he checks out. We need someone to pick up the blitz[/QUOTE]

Talk about slow. Ryan Grant is slow.

Benson gives us significant options coming out of the backfield as a receiver. As a runner, Greene is better. Greene is one dimensional, and is only a runner, and a bruiser at that - which does not help much at the beginning of games, and does not help him at the end on the 20th carry. He needs to have a compliment back early, like Thomas Jones, like LT who can take the carries away in the beginning, tire the defense, and let Greene come in and crush them in the second half, as he did in the beginning of his career.

Why is this so difficult to understand? It's what worked. Find that RB and plug him in, be it McKnight, another guy on the roster, or some guy on waivers.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    "like Thomas Jones, like LT"

like Gannaway?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4506521]Talk about slow. Ryan Grant is slow.

Benson gives us significant options coming out of the backfield as a receiver. As a runner, Greene is better. Greene is one dimensional, and is only a runner, and a bruiser at that - which does not help much at the beginning of games, and does not help him at the end on the 20th carry. He needs to have a compliment back early, like Thomas Jones, like LT who can take the carries away in the beginning, tire the defense, and let Greene come in and crush them in the second half, as he did in the beginning of his career.

Why is this so difficult to understand? It's what worked. Find that RB and plug him in, be it McKnight, another guy on the roster, or some guy on waivers.[/QUOTE]
    I don't care who we get or if one of our guys can do it, but we need someone that can pick up the blitz. So far none of the guys that were here last year were any good at it. That's why LT stayed on the field.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Depends, was he a first rounder? :confused:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=copernicus;4506505]I think the lesson that the JETS must learn from last year is that trying to win with re-threads doesnt work. IMHO, Ced Benson is damaged, he is a guy with many carries under his belt, but more importantly has questionable desire and seems to turn it on and off. It doesnt help having a wrap sheet as well, I was hoping we were past this. We drafted many hungry RBs and the competition should be great this summer. Most are unproven and the cream should rise to the top. Green as the young vet, followed by McKnight, Powell, Ganaway, and Connor. All young and hungry. I would stick with this game plan over signing Ced Benson[/QUOTE]

You know I forgot all about the trouble Benson has been in. Thanks for reminding me. Your right, we don't need any thugs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4506532]I don't care who we get or if one of our guys can do it, but we need someone that can pick up the blitz. So far none of the guys that were here last year were any good at it. That's why LT stayed on the field.[/QUOTE]

Stop throwing the ball 60 times & you can slow down the blitz.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetster;4506536]You know I forgot all about the trouble Benson has been in. Thanks for reminding me. Your right, we don't need any thugs.[/QUOTE]

What about swag, and tude?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetster;4506536]You know I forgot all about the trouble Benson has been in. Thanks for reminding me. Your right, we don't need any thugs.[/QUOTE]

I also do not like the idea of using criminals to win. I dont think its the way to build a team. Little trouble here and there is forgivable, some guys continue to be bad apples and I believe it has a direct affect on winning.

I'd pass on Benson

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4506541]What about swag, and tude?[/QUOTE]

Are they available? :eek: