Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going To See Phish Tonight, B*****s!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Because it sucks. JMO, but judge for yourself...
    Agreed. The chorus is absolutely brutal. But the jam they went into was ok.

Hippies.

All League

Going To See Phish Tonight, B*****s!!

Why?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    That's a fair analogy and I see your point, but I just hate the song so passionately that it has caused me to walk out. The first time I heard it (not at a show), I was like WTF is this sh1t??
    Did you walk out......get a beer and then come back in? That, I can see. Walking out of a show completely, missing the set closer/encore, etc. seems a bit drastic. Although, if you're on tour for an extended period of time, I guess missing a portion of a show isn't as big a deal.

Of course, I would be afraid that I would miss something awesome. Like the time in college that I went down to Philly to see the Dead at the Spectrum. After one of the shows, I lost most of my money in AC. So, instead of borrowing from my buddies, or somehow making it work, I sold my ticket in order to get back to Boston. Of course, the show I missed out on was the first Unbroken Chain ever.

My timing really sucks. Just like the time I was in Key West for spring break and stopped by Margaritaville and talked to the bartender about the chances of Jimmy playing. After the guy said that its virtually none, I went about the evening. Ran into a guy later that night who said that he was right outside the bar that night when Jimmy got on stage randomly and played for 3 hrs. FML.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Why?
    3 1/2 hrs of the same song in the same Dm7 chord. Don't hate.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Did you walk out......get a beer and then come back in? That, I can see. Walking out of a show completely, missing the set closer/encore, etc. seems a bit drastic. Although, if you're on tour for an extended period of time, I guess missing a portion of a show isn't as big a deal.

Of course, I would be afraid that I would miss something awesome. Like the time in college that I went down to Philly to see the Dead at the Spectrum. After one of the shows, I lost most of my money in AC. So, instead of borrowing from my buddies, or somehow making it work, I sold my ticket in order to get back to Boston. Of course, the show I missed out on was the first Unbroken Chain ever.

My timing really sucks. Just like the time I was in Key West for spring break and stopped by Margaritaville and talked to the bartender about the chances of Jimmy playing. After the guy said that its virtually none, I went about the evening. Ran into a guy later that night who said that he was right outside the bar that night when Jimmy got on stage randomly and played for 3 hrs. FML.
    No, I literally left the venue. But for full disclosure, it was an encore.

Ha, I have a Jimmy Buffett story as well. A few summers ago, I was at my parents house on the north fork. Had just put in a full 7 hours of fluke fishing, hopped in my car and headed back towards the city (lived there at the time) to beat Sunday traffic. As I drove on Sound Avenue passing all the vineyards, I came to Martha Clara - which always has live music on weekends - and wondered why I'd never camped out there for an afternoon and listen to music while getting drunk on wine. Well, I'm about an hour into the 2+ hour trip when my old man calls me and says,

"Turn around and meet me at Martha Clara."
    "What, no. I'm halfway to the city."
    "You won't regret it."
    "Stop being so friggin cryptic."
    "Jimmy Buffett is playing there. Now."
    "STFU."
    "I'm serious."
    <click>

"Martha Clara Vineyards."
    "Hi. Random question. Uh, is um-"
    "Yes, Jimmy Buffett is playing. You're about the 20th person to call in the last 3 minutes."
    <click>

"Hello?"
    "Sorry for doubting you, Dad."
    "So are you turning around."
    ":deep sigh: No."
    "*****."
    <click>

Jets Insider VIP
    Awesome show. Feet hurt, ears hurt, lungs hurt. I'd like to say I'm officially retired now, but who knows.

Set list for those interested... http://phish.net/setlists/?d=2012-07-03

Sounds like a good show.

Missed this run. I played poker last night while streaming the show at home.