Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: Going To See Phish Tonight, B*****s!!

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,012
    Post Thanks / Like

    Going To See Phish Tonight, B*****s!!

    Jones Beach. Prolly get there around 3:30ish to enjoy some pre-show festivities. Haven't seen them since before they broke up, something like 8 years. Before that, I had seen them easily more than 100 times. Followed them around for a few summers and always caught them when they were close, anywhere from Virginia to Maine.

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,376
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just saw a young man holding a fish in the other thread...what a scary unsettling unexplained thing!

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,478
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jones Beach is a great place to see Phish. Just don't go near the wooks.

  4. #4
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,611
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like alot of jam type bands.

    But I never got into Phish.



    I think it's Trey's vocals, which I find VERY weak tbqh.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Jones Beach is a great place to see Phish. Just don't go near the wooks.
    The first time I saw them at Jones Beach was 1995. It was a better venue before they renovated.

  6. #6
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,028
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    The first time I saw them at Jones Beach was 1995. It was a better venue before they renovated.
    Agreed....the upper deck now is frightening. And the fact that its dry absolutely sucks. I went to see Ratdog a number of years ago. Rather than hang out in the parking lot, we decided to see one of 15 opening acts. I think Robert Hunter was playing solo. It was only when we got inside that we found out that it was dry. Boy did that suck.

    I'm much the same way as you....I've seen them a few times in the past few years, but I really don't know much of the new stuff. I go with some friends who are still fairly serious and have my fill with the one show, for the year. I find myself saying stuff like "Is the Wedge still pretty rare?"....makes me feel old. Had a tix for tonight, but we're headed out of town.

    Don't have 100s under my belt - something like 50-60. First show at Stony Brook 92'.

    Have a good show.

  7. #7
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    30,770
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Jones Beach. Prolly get there around 3:30ish to enjoy some pre-show festivities. Haven't seen them since before they broke up, something like 8 years. Before that, I had seen them easily more than 100 times. Followed them around for a few summers and always caught them when they were close, anywhere from Virginia to Maine.
    No Simpsons Trey avatar? weak

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Agreed....the upper deck now is frightening. And the fact that its dry absolutely sucks. I went to see Ratdog a number of years ago. Rather than hang out in the parking lot, we decided to see one of 15 opening acts. I think Robert Hunter was playing solo. It was only when we got inside that we found out that it was dry. Boy did that suck.

    I'm much the same way as you....I've seen them a few times in the past few years, but I really don't know much of the new stuff. I go with some friends who are still fairly serious and have my fill with the one show, for the year. I find myself saying stuff like "Is the Wedge still pretty rare?"....makes me feel old. Had a tix for tonight, but we're headed out of town.

    Don't have 100s under my belt - something like 50-60. First show at Stony Brook 92'.

    Have a good show.
    Same. Like I said, it's been 8 years. A friend was at AC a few weeks ago. He said they started playing something new and suddenly, hundreds of people thought it would be a great idea to hit the bathroom. I'm there for the old standards, but I will walk right the f*ck out if I hear "Birds of a Feather." I've done it before.

  9. #9
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    476
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will be there as well. most likely in my McNeil jersey. Going to be a sick show. The summer tour so far has been great.

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    No Simpsons Trey avatar? weak
    Believe me, I was looking, but couldn't find any decent stills of them in the episode.

    "And now, a man who's a real po-thead... I'm sorry, pot-head... Homer Simpson!"

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,914
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why would you walk out if you heard birds of a feather?

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Why would you walk out if you heard birds of a feather?
    Because it sucks. JMO, but judge for yourself...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09PtVYEggOM

  13. #13
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    476
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Because it sucks. JMO, but judge for yourself...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09PtVYEggOM
    it's not yem, but it's far from a reason to walk out. tte, on the other hand...

  14. #14
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    30,770
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Believe me, I was looking, but couldn't find any decent stills of them in the episode.

    "And now, a man who's a real po-thead... I'm sorry, pot-head... Homer Simpson!"





    Last edited by Fishooked; 07-03-2012 at 10:47 AM.

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,914
    Post Thanks / Like
    Phish has hundreds of songs. Odds are some are going to be bad. I dont see how playing one bad song would cause a fan to leave a show.

    It would be like leaving the jets game because they had a 3 and out in the middle of the game.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by E4orBust View Post
    it's not yem, but it's far from a reason to walk out. tte, on the other hand...
    Too new for me, but have heard it all. Not huge on Trey's solo stuff.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post




    Easy there, super dude. That pic never actually happens in the episode. And all of my avatars have been still directly from episodes. Besides, it has Matt Groening's signature on the bottom. What is this, amateur hour?

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Phish has hundreds of songs. Odds are some are going to be bad. I dont see how playing one bad song would cause a fan to leave a show.

    It would be like leaving the jets game because they had a 3 and out in the middle of the game.
    That's a fair analogy and I see your point, but I just hate the song so passionately that it has caused me to walk out. The first time I heard it (not at a show), I was like WTF is this sh1t??

  18. #18
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    37,855
    Post Thanks / Like

  19. #19
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    30,770
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Too new for me, but have heard it all. Not huge on Trey's solo stuff.



    Easy there, super dude. That pic never actually happens in the episode. And all of my avatars have been still directly from episodes. Besides, it has Matt Groening's signature on the bottom. What is this, amateur hour?


  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us