Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Free Randy Blythe

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

A buddy and me got onstage at a Kinks concert at the Coliseum in 1982. Ran right across from right to left, were met on the other side by 400 lb hairy smelly oafs who proceeded to give us the requisite arm twists and head smacks and shoves as they manhandled us up the stairs and threw us into the concourse. We found our way back to our seats (floor) and the rest of our buds with yet one more legendary wasted escapade to our credit.

Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    A buddy and me got onstage at a Kinks concert at the Coliseum in 1982. Ran right across from right to left, were met on the other side by 400 lb hairy smelly oafs who proceeded to give us the requisite arm twists and head smacks and shoves as they manhandled us up the stairs and threw us into the concourse. We found our way back to our seats (floor) and the rest of our buds with yet one more legendary wasted escapade to our credit.
    I was 5 in 1982.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    I was 5 in 1982.
    So was I.

Last edited by shakin318; 07-06-2012 at 11:29 AM.

So was I.

Jets Insider VIP
    Met Randy outside the Garden before a Metallica show. Asked him how he was, he said "terrible" then he put his hood on and walked for coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    Met Randy outside the Garden before a Metallica show. Asked him how he was, he said "terrible" then he put his hood on and walked for coffee.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    It's a nice story and you told it very well.

All Pro
    Prague Rock, Prog Rock, what's the difference?

All Pro
    So THAT's how you met him. What made you make him a mod.

Jets Insider VIP
    http://www.eonline.com/news/335296/l...-death-charges

Lamb of God singer Randy Blythe was released Thursday from Prague jail, the band's rep confirms to E! News. The 41-year-old metal musician has spent the past five weeks in a Czech prison after being arrested and charged with manslaughter stemming from the 2010 death of a fan.

Over the objection of prosecutors, who wanted him held behind bars because they said he might never return to the country, Blythe was allowed to leave after posting $400,000 bail.

Blythe speaks out about the alleged incident: "I did not attack anyone."
    Two years ago during a Lamb of God concert, Blythe allegedly pushed the man off the stage, causing him to sustain head injuries that he later died from. When the band returned to Prague for another show this year, Blythe was arrested on June 27.

Blythe has maintained his innocence, telling a newspaper from behind bars, "I don't know anything about any sort of incident."

"I remember very few details about the show, mainly because I have played a lot of concerts," he said. "I just remember that the stage at the club was very small, and we barely managed to fit our equipment on there. Also, apparently there was a security guard there because many people climbed onto the stage, including one small boy, in particular, but I could be mixing up details with what happened at other clubs."

"I did not attack anyone," he added. "The only way I could have come into contact with anyone from the audience was if I was protecting myself."
    After scrapping all tour dates due to his incarceration, Blythe's bandmates raised funds for his legal defense, calling the situation "maddening."

With Blythe now back on board, the band has already agreed to play Knotfest Shows on Aug. 17 in Council Bluffs, Iowa, and Aug. 18 in Somsert, Wisc., and is targeting Oct. 26 as the start date for their U.S. tour.
    He's out.

Not that you people care. Except Cross

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    He's out.

Not that you people care. Except Cross

I told you that my meditation and prayers would do the trick. You don't have to thank me.

Over the objection of prosecutors, who wanted him held behind bars because they said he might never return to the country, Blythe was allowed to leave after posting $400,000 bail.

Well.......duh!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

I think I was there. Johnny Cougar (later mellencamp) opened, no?

-

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    lmao I've never seen that, I hate that idiot and the stupid show he's on.