Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free Randy Blythe

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Free Randy Blythe

Not that you caneshakers care, lol...

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/168...r-prague.jhtml

Lamb of God's D. Randall "Randy" Blythe was detained in Prague this week. The heavy-metal singer could face five to 10 years in prison for an alleged altercation at a 2010 Lamb of God show that reportedly left a concertgoer dead, according to Czech media outlet Novinky.

Early reports indicate the incident involved a man repeatedly rushing the stage from the crowd. He was ejected from the stage and later died of head injuries sustained during the alleged altercation, according to Novinky and WTVR, the CBS News affiliate in Lamb of God's hometown of Richmond, Virginia.

Lamb of God canceled a show at the Rock Cafe in Prague Thursday after the singer was brought in for questioning. Some reports say he was arrested and charged with "the crime of bodily harm of 4th degree and resulting in the death of a fan," however, representatives for the band say he hasn't been formally charged.

Randy's brother, Mark Blythe, told WTVR the manslaughter charge is "bogus and outrageous and will be dropped immediately."

The band tweeted the hashtag #FreeRandyBlythe late Thursday. (Blythe deleted his once extremely active personal Twitter account earlier this summer).

Maria Ferrero, the Grammy-nominated band's longtime publicist, told MTV News that Lamb of God's management will not comment in full on the matter until Monday. "As no formal charges have yet been made and the case is only in the investigation stages, it would be premature to make an official statement filled with false truths or innuendos," she said in an email to the press.

"Having said that, management wished to address today one false piece of information that has been included in many of the news stories released so far," she continued. "Under no circumstances was there a fight of any kind involved. This incident deals with a fan that three times during the concert jumped the barricade and rushed Randy during the performance. It is alleged that the third time, security was not able to reach him and that Randy pushed him back into the audience where supposedly he fell and hit his head. Again, until the investigation is concluded this weekend, nothing more will be released, but clarity and the facts needed to be addressed on this one reported point which is totally inaccurate."

The alleged incident took place during a show at Prague's Club Abaton in May, 2010. Friday night's (June 29) show in Germany is still listed on the band's official Facebook page, as well as a show on Sunday in Finland. Lamb Of God is currently on tour in support of Resolution, which debuted at #3 on the Billboard 200 in January.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post

Not that you caneshakers care, lol...
    I'm going into a deep meditation for his soul. It will work, I guarantee it. He will be free and you can sleep again.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I heard about this the other day. So, 2 years later they detain him?????? Just sounds bogus, I could see a frivilous lawsuit, even so, that should be on security, not him or the band.

Im in my fourth decade and have seen them in concert!

:shakescane: :soreneckandback:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2milehighJet View Post
    I heard about this the other day. So, 2 years later they detain him?????? Just sounds bogus, I could see a frivilous lawsuit, even so, that should be on security, not him or the band.

Im in my fourth decade and have seen them in concert!

:shakescane: :soreneckandback:
    I think they just waited until they were scheduled for a gig there...pretty sh*tty move, but they would have never went to Prague if they knew he would get arrested at the airport, lol.

BTW, how are you making out there in Colorado?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guy should have spread his wings during the flight. The moment you jump the barrier, you should pretty much sign a release of consent.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    what's next?

a thread about resurrecting Gary Moore?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    what's next?

a thread about resurrecting Gary Moore?
    Hey. this is important stuff.

It matters to all one of us in the forum.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't say I'm an expert of Czech criminal law. If he did indeed push him, did indeed cause a head injury, and the dude died from it, and if in Czech rushing teh stage does not count as an illegal attack, then......sounds like Mr. LoG might just be proper ****ed.

If Kieth Richards had broken one of his Tele's off in some American Fan's dome and killed him in a show, he's be in our prisons today. Hard to see the difference.

All comes down to their laws, and if this dude rushing the stage past security is a mitigating factor in his death.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Can't say I'm an expert of Czech criminal law. If he did indeed push him, did indeed cause a head injury, and the dude died from it, and if in Czech rushing teh stage does not count as an illegal attack, then......sounds like Mr. LoG might just be proper ****ed.

If Kieth Richards had broken one of his Tele's off in some American Fan's dome and killed him in a show, he's be in our prisons today. Hard to see the difference.

All comes down to their laws, and if this dude rushing the stage past security is a mitigating factor in his death.
    Very true...

A few other artists have touched on the fact that bands are a little more nervous about fans charging the stage after Dimebag was shot playing with Damageplan.

If Blythe is acquitted or exonerated, can't how beating a manslaughter charge while the frontman for a metal group would be bad publicity, lolz.......just sucks if you happen to live in the Czech Republic and are a metal fan. I don't think too many groups are gonna add Prague to their tour list.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never heard of them...

Hope he gets cleared... Sounds like an accident, tbqh...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Since you asked for it....

All though these pu$$ies don't deserve my outrage since they changed the name of the band from "burn the priest"

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think they just waited until they were scheduled for a gig there...pretty sh*tty move, but they would have never went to Prague if they knew he would get arrested at the airport, lol.

BTW, how are you making out there in Colorado?
    Rained yesterday, and a little more expected today. Not much of a storm but better than nothing.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very true...

A few other artists have touched on the fact that bands are a little more nervous about fans charging the stage after Dimebag was shot playing with Damageplan.

If Blythe is acquitted or exonerated, can't how beating a manslaughter charge while the frontman for a metal group would be bad publicity, lolz.......just sucks if you happen to live in the Czech Republic and are a metal fan. I don't think too many groups are gonna add Prague to their tour list.
    After what happened to Dime, to me, this would fall under self defense... you rush the stage, who knows your intent and if you have a weapon.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet View Post
    After what happened to Dime, to me, this would fall under self defense... you rush the stage, who knows your intent and if you have a weapon.
    +1

Can't really blame Blythe here.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    this would've never happened, in 'Latvia'

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    this would've never happened, in 'Latvia'
    Maybe in the crappy part where the 'restroom' is outside. Possibly.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who wears fatigue pants anymore?

I mean, really.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Who wears fatigue pants anymore?

I mean, really.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't get the outrage.

Pretty sure that band sucks anyway. Actually, I'm 100% sure of it.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    I don't get the outrage.

Pretty sure that band sucks anyway. Actually, I'm 100% sure of it.
    I am not a fan either but that really is not the issue here, is it?