Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Former Jets scout Connie Carberg delivers insight on WR Stephen Hill

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Boynton Beach Jets View Post
    I don't know if Edwards is the answer his route running is not always the best. He often runs the wrong route causing turnovers. There is a reason why a WR starved team like SF cut him.
    Yes there was. He was injured.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Yes there was. He was injured.
    The injury had very little to do with cutting him they could have put him on IR it was about 6 games left in the season

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The injury had very little to do with cutting him they could have put him on IR it was about 6 games left in the season
    It was a one year deal. There would have been no point in doing that.

Besides, when he was released, there was only one game remaining in their season.

If he was 100% healthy and had the season he had with SF, I would totally agree with you and everybody else who doesn't want him. But that simply wasn't the case and it's unfair to judge him based on 2011.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    It was a one year deal. There would have been no point in doing that.

Besides, when he was released, there was only one game remaining in their season.

If he was 100% healthy and had the season he had with SF, I would totally agree with you and everybody else who doesn't want him. But that simply wasn't the case and it's unfair to judge him based on 2011.
    I am judging based on his time with the Jets. He did serve his purpose which he did have good moments. I am not totally opposed to bringing him back but I would rather have a more disciplined receiver who could take Hill under his wing

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am judging based on his time with the Jets. He did serve his purpose which he did have good moments. I am not totally opposed to bringing him back but I would rather have a more disciplined receiver who could take Hill under his wing
    We'll agree to disagree.

I think Edwards had more than just good moments and I also think he grew up a lot during the 2010 season with the Jets. Teammates and his OC said as much.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know if Edwards is the answer his route running is not always the best. He often runs the wrong route causing turnovers. There is a reason why a WR starved team like SF cut him.
    In Edwards' last game at Seattle he had two costly flags, one deep in the redzone (illegal block) that was away from the play but forced SF to kick a FG.

The other was an equally brainless pass interference late in the 4th QTR when SF trailed 16-17.

Days later, his Christmas gift was his walking papers.

As SF prepared for the playoffs it made zero sense to waste a roster spot on a bonehead that can't keep his head in the game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    In Edwards' last game at Seattle he had two costly flags, one deep in the redzone (illegal block) that was away from the play but forced SF to kick a FG.

The other was an equally brainless pass interference late in the 4th QTR when SF trailed 16-17.

Days later, his Christmas gift was his walking papers.

As SF prepared for the playoffs it made zero sense to waste a roster spot on a bonehead that can't keep his head in the game.

Exactly, there were numerous times when he was with the Jets that he ran the wrong route where he drew the DB into the other receivers pattern causing an INT, fans would blame Sanchez but it was Edwards fault.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly, there were numerous times when he was with the Jets that he ran the wrong route where he drew the DB into the other receivers pattern causing an INT, fans would blame Sanchez but it was Edwards fault.
    lol, how do you know what routes he was supposed to run?