Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Full training camp schedule - Road Trip Anyone

Full training camp schedule - Road Trip Anyone

The Jets return to the SUNY campus in Cortland, N.Y. for training camp in about three weeks. The team announced its full camp schedule today, with a total of 14 practices open to the public in Cortland, Long Island and New Jersey.

The team will begin practicing Friday, July 27. The first practice open to the public is Saturday, July 28, at 8 a.m. in Cortland, and the Green & White scrimmage is Saturday, Aug. 4 from 6 to 9 p.m.

All the following dates and times are subject to change. Fans can get updates on the practice schedule by calling the fan line at 973-549-4844 or on www.newyorkjets.com, Twitter (@nyjets) and Facebook (Facebook.com/Jets). Jets Fest and Jets Shop will be open from July 28 - Aug. 15 in Cortland plus the days open to the public in Long Island and New Jersey.

Training Camp Schedule:

Thursday, July 26: Player check-in day
    Friday, July 27: 8:00 - 11:00 a.m. (closed to public)
    Saturday, July 28: 8:00 - 11:00 a.m.
    Sunday, July 29: 8:00 - 11:00 a.m.
    Monday, July 30: 8:00 - 11:00 a.m.
    Wednesday, Aug.1: 8:00 - 11:00 a.m.
    Thursday, Aug. 2: 8:00 - 11:00 a.m.
    Friday, Aug. 3: 8:00 - 11:00 a.m. (closed to public)
    Saturday, Aug. 4: 6:00 - 9:00 p.m. (Green & White)
    Monday, Aug. 6: 10:15 a.m. - 1:15 p.m.
    Tuesday, Aug. 7: 8:00 - 11:00 a.m. (closed to public)
    Wednesday, Aug. 8: 8:00 - 11:00 a.m.
    Friday, Aug. 10: Preseason Game at Cincinnati, 7:30 p.m.
    Sunday, Aug. 12: 10:15 a.m. - 1:15 p.m.
    Monday, Aug. 13: 8:00 - 11:00 a.m. (closed to public)
    Tuesday, Aug. 14: 8:00 - 11:00 a.m.
    Wednesday, Aug. 15: 8:00 - 11:00 a.m.
    Thursday, Aug. 16: 8:00 - 11:00 a.m. (Last Practice at SUNY Cortland/closed to public)
    Saturday, Aug. 18: Preseason Game vs. Giants, 7:00 p.m.
    Monday, Aug. 20: Practice at Atlantic Health Jets Training Center, 10:30 a.m. 1:30 p.m. (closed to public)
    Tuesday, Aug. 21: Jets Family Night Presented by JetBlue at Hofstra University, 5:30 - 8:30 p.m.
    Wednesday, Aug. 22: Practice at Atlantic Health Jets Training Center, 10:30 a.m. 1:30 p.m. (closed to public)
    Thursday, Aug. 23: Practice at Atlantic Health Jets Training Center, 8:00 - 11:00 a.m.
    Friday, Aug. 24: Practice at Atlantic Health Jets Training Center, 8:00 - 11:00 a.m.

Supplied by:
    Jenny Vrentas/The Star-Ledger

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Thank you posting. Unfortunately none of those 14 dates work for me, but I'll definitely be there in spirit. (-;

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    Thank you posting. Unfortunately none of those 14 dates work for me, but I'll definitely be there in spirit. (-;
    These very important dates dont work for you cuz u r a "social butterfly". If you werent out hob-nobbing with all of those fancy celebrity friends of yours, you could find time for the truly IMPORTANT things in life...(like Jets pre-season training camp!).

Much love,

B.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    I get no thrill from half brain damage, I like full on brain damage opening day can't get here fast enough.

Banned
    I personally can't wait for training camp. That's when the season has officially started. Preseason usually has me very anxious for the up coming season, I've always enjoyed evaluating our younger talents during preseason quarters (can't even consider them games). It's a four step process for me (as a fan). 1.) Training Camp. Preseason is right around the corner. 2.) Preseason. The regular season is right around the corner. 3.) Opening day. Football is under way. Hopefully we make it to 4.) The Playoffs; which is when I go completely ape schit. I've never made it to 5.) But I've came close 3 times (1998, 2009 and 2010).

One thing I love about returning to Cortland for our Jets training camp? Is that we've made it as far as the AFC Championship game during both Cortland Training Camp's (consecutive seasons) under coach Rex Ryan. That's when our players, coaching staff and team all gel together. We didn't have that luxury last season, which hurt us in the long run, especially considering the fact that we were playing and starting so many players who weren't here during the two previous seasons. With this team getting a chance to gel during training camp and preseason, we could head into the season as true contenders under coach Ryan.

Cortland: Here We Come. I want a god damn snack.
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 07-03-2012 at 11:30 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    I personally can't wait for training camp. That's when the season has officially started. Preseason usually has me very anxious for the up coming season, I've always enjoyed evaluating our younger talents during preseason quarters (can't even consider them games). It's a four step process for me (as a fan). 1.) Training Camp. Preseason is right around the corner. 2.) Preseason. The regular season is right around the corner. 3.) Opening day. Football is under way. Hopefully we make it to 4.) The Playoffs; which is when I go completely ape schit. I've never made it to 5.) But I've came close 3 times (1998, 2009 and 2010).

One thing I love about returning to Cortland for our Jets training camp? Is that we've made it as far as the AFC Championship game during both Cortland Training Camp's (consecutive seasons) under coach Rex Ryan. That's when our players, coaching staff and team all gel together. We didn't have that luxury last season, which hurt us in the long run, especially considering the fact that we were playing and starting so many players who weren't here during the two previous seasons. With this team getting a chance to gel during training camp and preseason, we could head into the season as true contenders under coach Ryan.

Cortland: Here We Come. I want a god damn snack.
    That sounds very ambitious and I hear Doug's Fish Fry is snack heaven. (-;

Sometimes the winds of forward progress and positive change work best from afar. I'll be there in spirit until the 53 + 8 have been chosen, just as I have been chosen to physically be there for them on opening day. I never mess with luck or karma, so see you in September. (-:

Banned
    That sounds very ambitious and I hear Doug's Fish Fry is snack heaven. (-;

Sometimes the winds of forward progress and positive change work best from afar. I'll be there in spirit until the 53 + 8 have been chosen, just as I have been chosen to physically be there for them on opening day. I never mess with luck or karma, so see you in September. (-:
    I love your style of personality in regards to being a fan. You can tell you actually enjoy these players as well as this team. I remember last offseason, you made it known that Edwards was a loss, but also made it known he could be replaced by Plaxico Burress. You hit the nail on the head, although Plaxico wasn't great, he had a much better season when compared to Braylon's 2011 season. Same as this season, I've seen you make it known that both Braylon and Burress have now been replaced by Stephen Hill. And you've then supported Stephen Hill from there on out. Instead of holding onto the past, you look for the future. Wish more of our fan base was like this. Some people act as if losing Braylon Edwards were on the same level of losing a Revis or Harris type of leader. Long story short, why aren't you attending training camp this season?

All League
    Charter JI Member

Anyone catch Jane Mc-Idiot's blog post on ESPN NY about the training camp schedule?....complete with a subtle jab at the Jets for starting most practices too early (at 8:00 a.m.) for the public.....because you know it wouldn't be an ESPN blog post without some form of criticism.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

I love your style of personality in regards to being a fan. You can tell you actually enjoy these players as well as this team. I remember last offseason, you made it known that Edwards was a loss, but also made it known he could be replaced by Plaxico Burress. You hit the nail on the head, although Plaxico wasn't great, he had a much better season when compared to Braylon's 2011 season. Same as this season, I've seen you make it known that both Braylon and Burress have now been replaced by Stephen Hill. And you've then supported Stephen Hill from there on out. Instead of holding onto the past, you look for the future. Wish more of our fan base was like this. Some people act as if losing Braylon Edwards were on the same level of losing a Revis or Harris type of leader. Long story short, why aren't you attending training camp this season?
    I wish I was a fan. Fan is short for fanatical and the only thing I'm fanatical about is me & mine. I am an enthusiast of the game and intrigued by it's dynamics due to it's constant changes in employees and style of on field play. Every season brings a mix of old dogs, new dogs and the trainers brought in to teach them some tricks in holding on to a ball.

It's primal, it's sports entertainment & I like watching all the teams play during the season, not just the Jets. However, and without getting into it, the team crossed my path first, not the other way around and everything up to this day has happened for a reason. Long story short, all signs lead to opening day. The football Gods have spoken. (-;

Don't worry, I won't be missed at camp, but Auntie Limo will send the boys a summer camp care package complete with marshmallows for toasting, a letter from home, clean tee shirts and warm socks, lol.
    Last edited by Limolady; 07-04-2012 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yayankee View Post
    The Jets return to the SUNY campus in Cortland, N.Y. for training camp in about three weeks. The team announced its full camp schedule today, with a total of 14 practices open to the public in Cortland, Long Island and New Jersey.

The team will begin practicing Friday, July 27. The first practice open to the public is Saturday, July 28, at 8 a.m. in Cortland, and the Green & White scrimmage is Saturday, Aug. 4 from 6 to 9 p.m.

All the following dates and times are subject to change. Fans can get updates on the practice schedule by calling the fan line at 973-549-4844 or on www.newyorkjets.com, Twitter (@nyjets) and Facebook (Facebook.com/Jets). Jets Fest and Jets Shop will be open from July 28 - Aug. 15 in Cortland plus the days open to the public in Long Island and New Jersey.

Training Camp Schedule:

Thursday, July 26: Player check-in day
    Friday, July 27: 8:00 - 11:00 a.m. (closed to public)
    Saturday, July 28: 8:00 - 11:00 a.m.
    Sunday, July 29: 8:00 - 11:00 a.m.
    Monday, July 30: 8:00 - 11:00 a.m.
    Wednesday, Aug.1: 8:00 - 11:00 a.m.
    Thursday, Aug. 2: 8:00 - 11:00 a.m.
    Friday, Aug. 3: 8:00 - 11:00 a.m. (closed to public)
    Saturday, Aug. 4: 6:00 - 9:00 p.m. (Green & White)
    Monday, Aug. 6: 10:15 a.m. - 1:15 p.m.
    Tuesday, Aug. 7: 8:00 - 11:00 a.m. (closed to public)
    Wednesday, Aug. 8: 8:00 - 11:00 a.m.
    Friday, Aug. 10: Preseason Game at Cincinnati, 7:30 p.m.
    Sunday, Aug. 12: 10:15 a.m. - 1:15 p.m.
    Monday, Aug. 13: 8:00 - 11:00 a.m. (closed to public)
    Tuesday, Aug. 14: 8:00 - 11:00 a.m.
    Wednesday, Aug. 15: 8:00 - 11:00 a.m.
    Thursday, Aug. 16: 8:00 - 11:00 a.m. (Last Practice at SUNY Cortland/closed to public)
    Saturday, Aug. 18: Preseason Game vs. Giants, 7:00 p.m.
    Monday, Aug. 20: Practice at Atlantic Health Jets Training Center, 10:30 a.m. 1:30 p.m. (closed to public)
    Tuesday, Aug. 21: Jets Family Night Presented by JetBlue at Hofstra University, 5:30 - 8:30 p.m.
    Wednesday, Aug. 22: Practice at Atlantic Health Jets Training Center, 10:30 a.m. 1:30 p.m. (closed to public)
    Thursday, Aug. 23: Practice at Atlantic Health Jets Training Center, 8:00 - 11:00 a.m.
    Friday, Aug. 24: Practice at Atlantic Health Jets Training Center, 8:00 - 11:00 a.m.

Supplied by:
    Jenny Vrentas/The Star-Ledger
    Something is wrong with this camp schedule, most of TC they double sessions, none of the afternoon practices are listed here...

All League
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Something is wrong with this camp schedule, most of TC they double sessions, none of the afternoon practices are listed here...
    No more two-a-days anymore per the new CBA

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    No more two-a-days anymore per the new CBA
    Are you serious? Didn't realize that, this new cba is going to lead to more injuries and penalties and overall poor football...most the players around the league won't be ready for the start of the season mentally or physically

Jets Insider VIP
    Two a days are allowed but the second practice can only be a walkthru with no pads or contact so I'm guessing those are closed to the public

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Everyone should experience Bum**** NY once. It's like you're in Iowa.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Everyone should experience Bum**** NY once. It's like you're in Iowa.
    Cortland>>>>>>Hofstra....a real dump

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Baddniss View Post
    These very important dates dont work for you cuz u r a "social butterfly". If you werent out hob-nobbing with all of those fancy celebrity friends of yours, you could find time for the truly IMPORTANT things in life...(like Jets pre-season training camp!).

Much love,

B.
    Much love to you too and I hope all is well. I'd love nothing more than to take a few days up in Cortland. I'd stay in Ithica for the five star bistros & nightlife around the lakes, but I'm swamped at work.

Are you going?

I'll be there the first three days open to the public (July 28, 29, 30). There should be a handful of us, if anyone wants to get together during the practice sessions or at one Cortland's "fine" local establishments during the week for some brews.

Talking

Much love to you too and I hope all is well. I'd love nothing more than to take a few days up in Cortland. I'd stay in Ithica for the five star bistros & nightlife around the lakes, but I'm swamped at work.
    I bet you'd be going up there if your honey Marko Cavka was still on the roster...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Didn't the new CBA eliminate double sessions?

Long story short, why aren't you attending training camp this season?
    Hey Shakespeare, How is this question a short version of a long story?

Will you please make it known?