Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I Got F***ing Raccoons, B****es!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

I Got F***ing Raccoons, B****es!!!

Last night my wife told me that it looked like we had roofing shingles on our back deck. So I looked and sure enough, there were some pieces of shingles on the deck. I figured during one of the recent storms, a branch nailed the house and broken one.

So I climbed onto the roof today and I see aabout a one square foot area completely ripped of all shingles. I new it had to be an animal. Then I looked at the back of the house and there was another spot like it.

Except this one had a nice size hole dug right through the roof.

It's times like these when I miss GMC's pure intellectual genius.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yo Put Stokes head on the raccoon's body.....

too soon?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Time to make up a batch o Crossfire's raccoon stew

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I like how you're balanced precariously on the peak of the roof, looking down, and taking a picture to share with the other dolts on the Hampur.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just found mold in my attic... I'd rather have the raccoons.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    that's why I'm against placing a tree close to my house, keep these fvcker and squirrels outta my house

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh great.

now we get to hear yet another of usedtobeacop's "war stories"

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now I know where they all went, used to be tons around here 20 years ago, I see they built homes in LI.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    I just found a mod in my attic... I'd rather have the raccoons.
    F'n mods.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Owen Reed View Post
    F'n mods.
    LOL

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just found mold in my attic... I'd rather have the raccoons.
    Get a hammer and hit the wood a little to see if it has been compromised. If that is the case, you are screwed $$$$. Otherwise, just remove any damaged insulation and what not and spray bleach and use an fan to circulate air. If you are a pu$$y you can use 50/50 bleach and water. Let it dry out for a few days and replace whatever you had to remove. Your bigger issue is where is that water coming from? You should check your shingles.

As for crossfire, that sucks. How did you not hear them doing that? At my parents house they had birds in the attic once. Phuckers got in through a little opening in the soffit. Basically had an exterminator remove them by hand since they were just birds. I would think the raccoons are going to have to be trapped. Better do it fast b.c they will chew on your wires and plumbling vents and cause serious damage. As for the roof, it can be patched.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 07-03-2012 at 04:56 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    Last night my wife told me that it looked like we had roofing shingles on our back deck. So I looked and sure enough, there were some pieces of shingles on the deck. I figured during one of the recent storms, a branch nailed the house and broken one.

So I climbed onto the roof today and I see aabout a one square foot area completely ripped of all shingles. I new it had to be an animal. Then I looked at the back of the house and there was another spot like it.

Except this one had a nice size hole dug right through the roof.

It's times like these when I miss GMC's pure intellectual genius.
    It's a good thing you invested in those PSL's. Now you can get this fixed with all the gains you made on that investment gold.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Get a hammer and hit the wood a little to see if it has been compromised. If that is the case, you are screwed $$$$. Otherwise, just remove any damaged insulation and what not and spray bleach and use an fan to circulate air. If you are a pu$$y you can use 50/50 bleach and water. Let it dry out for a few days and replace whatever you had to remove. Your bigger issue is where is that water coming from? You should check your shingles.

As for crossfire, that sucks. How did you not hear them doing that? At my parents house they had birds in the attic once. Phuckers got in through a little opening in the soffit. Basically had an exterminator remove them by hand since they were just birds. I would think the raccoons are going to have to be trapped. Better do it fast b.c they will chew on your wires and plumbling vents and cause serious damage. As for the roof, it can be patched.
    I just redid the siding and put brand new gutters in. The roof is 7 years old so it's good. I also put a fan with a temperature gauge on. For some more ventilation. I'm planning on getting a professional to come take a look at it. If it's too much for me to handle I'm gonna let him do it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn... I was just up on the roof and I wanted to get close to take a picture.

The next thing I know, I see two eyes staring back at me in the dark.
    I was a little freaked because I know that raccoons are nocturnal and if you see them awake during the day, that could mean they are rabid.

Turns out that was the least of my problems.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I was a little freaked because I know that raccoons are nocturnal and if you see them awake during the day, that could mean they are rabid.

Oh my....LOL!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

i laughed so hard i think i just sharted

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just redid the siding and put brand new gutters in. The roof is 7 years old so it's good. I also put a fan with a temperature gauge on. For some more ventilation. I'm planning on getting a professional to come take a look at it. If it's too much for me to handle I'm gonna let him do it.
    How bad are we talking? And how did you notice it? Do you have HVAC in the attic?

The moisture is coming from somewhere. And the age of the roof means nothing. One shingle can blow out of place in a storm and that is all it takes. Also the attic fan could be another culprit. Go with a flashlight and follow the water stains, it will lead you to the point of entry.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL.

Funny thing is, he could fit in that hole.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh noes. . . brilliant!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

way to make lemonade out of lemons