Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 879

Thread: Sal P calls out the Jets drafting over the last 5 years.

  1. #241
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    Why are these Patriot fans getting their panties in bunches over this list? The Patriots have had some solid picks over the years, but dating back to 2006, they've been one of the worst teams in regards to drafting. This list just points it out, that they've missed 10x more than they've hit. They've missed bad too.
    Now, list all of the Jets players who've been drafted since 2006 who are no longer with the team. Come on. Let's be fair.

  2. #242
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    Why are these Patriot fans getting their panties in bunches over this list? The Patriots have had some solid picks over the years, but dating back to 2006, they've been one of the worst teams in regards to drafting. This list just points it out, that they've missed 10x more than they've hit. They've missed bad too.
    They are around Jets level. You take away 2006 and 2007 and the Jets are worse than the Pats have been. Tannebaum and the Jets have been living off the reputation of those two drafts for years. The Jets' 2008 draft sucked. Depending on whether Sanchez turns the corner and Greene proves that he can be a lead back, 2009 won't be much better. Their 2010 draft is shaping up to be a bust with only an inconsistent Kyle Wilson being the only regular contributor. Ducasse is a bust, Connor may be cut, and McKnight can't hold onto the ball.

    Yes, you did do a good job pointing out the Pats have far more 6th and 7th round picks than everyone else because of their wheeling and dealing. That's about all you did.

  3. #243
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Now, list all of the Jets players who've been drafted since 2006 who are no longer with the team. Come on. Let's be fair.
    Nah. I would rather them list the starters since 2006. They traded away all their draft picks so it isn't a fair comparison. They have the opposite strategy as the Pats. The Pats use a lot of picks especially in later rounds which produces more potential for failures. The Jets trade away their picks which puts more emphasis on having to hit with their picks, but produces less failures in numbers. For example in 2010, the Pats had as many picks in the seventh round as the Jets had picks for the entire draft (4).

    I hate this exercise, but if you did a list of starters and solid contributor over this time period, the Pats would probably have far more players. Granted that is where the homer arguments go in with who is a solid contributor and derails the argument.
    Last edited by Rob0729; 07-06-2012 at 06:31 PM.

  4. #244
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    If you're referring to JPP, he was the #15 pick. Not top 5 or even top 10.

    You have to go back to 2004 before the Giants had a top 10 pick (Rivers at #4 which turned into Manning). Since then, they're first pick has been at 43, 32, 20, 31, 29, 15 (JPP), 19 and 31.

    The Jets, on the other hand, since 2004: 47, 4, 14, 6, 5, 29, 30 and 11.

    In other words, in 5 of those 8 years, the Jets had a higher pick than the Giants had in any one of those 8 years.

    Just because your starters were drafted by you, doesn't necessarily mean you drafted well.
    /\
    So right

  5. #245
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    898
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    They are around Jets level. You take away 2006 and 2007 and the Jets are worse than the Pats have been.
    "Take away". Yeah, blame the Jets front office for selecting a Franchise LT, All-Pro Center, All-Pro MLB along with the greatest Defensive Player in Football. All in which are still on the team.

    Take away Tom Brady and the Patriots suck-suck-suck.

    What's your point?

  6. #246
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen
    Posts
    695
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    "Take away". Yeah, blame the Jets front office for selecting a Franchise LT, All-Pro Center, All-Pro MLB along with the greatest Defensive Player in Football. All in which are still on the team.

    Take away Tom Brady and the Patriots suck-suck-suck.

    What's your point?
    Keep on drafting All Pro's and Franchise players. Patriots just keep on winning the Division and Conference and going to the SB.

    Take away Revis and Mangold and Jets are an 8-8 team or worse. Take away Brady and the Pats won 11 games with Cassel. Hoyer and possibly Mallet have a higher upside than Cassel did. Watch for them to be showcased in August. Brady will be playing for another 4 years minimum.

    I think it's the organization as much as the drafting that keeps the Pats above the other teams that seem to have a drafting edge.

  7. #247
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    898
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    Keep on drafting All Pro's and Franchise players. Patriots just keep on winning the Division and Conference and going to the SB.

    Take away Revis and Mangold and Jets are an 8-8 team or worse. Take away Brady and the Pats won 11 games with Cassel. Hoyer and possibly Mallet have a higher upside than Cassel did. Watch for them to be showcased in August. Brady will be playing for another 4 years minimum.

    I think it's the organization as much as the drafting that keeps the Pats above the other teams that seem to have a drafting edge.
    Wrong. It's one draft pick. TOM BRADY. Without Tom Brady, none of this recent success is possible. None of it. Congrats on an 11-5 season without Brady, what's your point? The Jets went 11-5 with a 2nd year quarterback in Sanchez. Big deal.

    You say Brady has another 4 years "minimum". How do you know how long Brady has left at the age of 35?? Who's to say it's a guarantee he makes it to 39? If he does have another 4 years, who's to say he wont decline sooner rather than later?

    NE's success is because of Brady. He's been that great. Not because of their drafts, but because of Brady. Look at Belichicks coaching record before Brady when compared to after Brady.


  8. #248
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    Wrong. It's one draft pick. TOM BRADY. Without Tom Brady, none of this recent success is possible. None of it. Congrats on an 11-5 season without Brady, what's your point? The Jets went 11-5 with a 2nd year quarterback in Sanchez. Big deal.

    You say Brady has another 4 years "minimum". Who's to say it's a guarantee he makes it to 39? If he does have another 4 years, who's to say he wont decline sooner rather than later?

    NE's success is because of Brady. He's been that great. Not because of their drafts, but because of Brady. Look at Belichicks coaching record before Brady when compared to after Brady.


    Was Belichick ever a DC? How did he fare in that gig? What has Parcells done without Belichick? What has Belichick done without Parcells? Who was the genius behind whom?

  9. #249
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    898
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Was Belichick ever a DC? How did he fare in that gig? What has Parcells done without Belichick? What has Belichick done without Parcells? Who was the genius behind whom?
    I think it was Parcells. You remember those NE Patriot defensive players that Parcells blessed Belichick with? How many top 10 defenses has Belichick led without Parcells NE players? Also, on a side note, if Belichick is such a great "defensive genius", then please explain why A.) His Cleveland Browns defenses sucked and B.) His NE Patriots defenses have also sucked over the past couple of seasons?

    I wonder how many SB's Belichick would have won without Parcells brought in players... Chances are slim to none. Those NE defenses (put together by Parcells) CARRIED Brady through the playoffs during 2001 and 2003.

  10. #250
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen
    Posts
    695
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    Wrong. It's one draft pick. TOM BRADY. Without Tom Brady, none of this recent success is possible. None of it. Congrats on an 11-5 season without Brady, what's your point? The Jets went 11-5 with a 2nd year quarterback in Sanchez. Big deal.

    You say Brady has another 4 years "minimum". How do you know how long Brady has left at the age of 35?? Who's to say it's a guarantee he makes it to 39? If he does have another 4 years, who's to say he wont decline sooner rather than later?

    NE's success is because of Brady. He's been that great. Not because of their drafts, but because of Brady. Look at Belichicks coaching record before Brady when compared to after Brady.

    Brady is a first round HOF QB. He isn't a scrambler. He is a pocket QB.He will last another 4 years barring injury. He has said he wants to play til he's 40. I'll take his word for it that he'll be in shape to do so. He is so good because of his ability to read defenses and his ability to find his 2nd or 3rd target.

    Giving Brady targets and an OL that keeps him upright has been accomplished by drafting solidly. Mankins,Solder,Connelly, Vollmer,Gronkowski,Hernandez are a solid offensive core of players.
    Obviously drafting Ridley and Vereen at RB has to be evaluated now that Green-Ellis has moved on. Adding pieces thru FA such as Gaffney,Waters, Branch,Stallworth and Lloyd just rounds out what should be a top offensive unit this season.

    Belichick walking away from being the Jet's coach has really jaded some NY fans opinions of a HOF coach.

    To each his own.

  11. #251
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    I think it was Parcells. You remember those NE Patriot defensive players that Parcells blessed Belichick with? How many top 10 defenses has Belichick led without Parcells NE players? Also, on a side note, if Belichick is such a great "defensive genius", then please explain why A.) His Cleveland Browns defenses sucked and B.) His NE Patriots defenses have also sucked over the past couple of seasons?

    I wonder how many SB's Belichick would have won without Parcells brought in players... Chances are slim to none. Those NE defenses (put together by Parcells) CARRIED Brady through the playoffs during 2001 and 2003.
    Really? Parcells has never won a playoff game without Belichick on his staff. Many believe that it was Belichick's defensive schemes that won Parcells two rings. I know you despise the 3-time Coach of the Year, surefire, slam dunk 1st ballot Hall of Fame Coach who's been in the league since 1979 and can flash a ring for every finger, but he's a pretty good football coach. It's a shame you let your rabid bias cloud your appreciation for a walking legend of the game, a man who eats, drinks, sleeps and breathes football all the way back to the days of watching his father, a legendary coach in his own right at Navy.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 07-06-2012 at 09:46 PM.

  12. #252
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Nothing that I haven't accused you of doing before.

    You are always the third man in. You accuse me of trying to fit in yet you piggy back other people's arguments.
    More irony from Dumb (You) and Dumber (Jordy)

    You've been piggy backing his charade for the last week, unprovoked or invited, and yet, Jordy continues to be railed by other posters...

    LOL, you can't make this **** up.

    Think before you post, kid.

  13. #253
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Wow. You really are delusional.

    Success and winning the SB IS directly correlated to drafting well. It is. Ask anyone.
    Saying the Giants won their Superbowls in 2007 and last year, because of their draft prowess would be a FALLACY!

    Saying the Patriots are successfull because of their draft prowess would be an EPIC fallacy!!!!

    STFU

  14. #254
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    More irony from Dumb (You) and Dumber (Jordy)

    You've been piggy backing his charade for the last week, unprovoked or invited, and yet, Jordy continues to be railed by other posters...

    LOL, you can't make this **** up.

    Think before you post, kid.
    LOL. You come limping back for more? You have been outed. Get over it. You are the troll.

  15. #255
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Saying the Giants won their Superbowls in 2007 and last year, because of their draft prowess would be a FALLACY!

    Saying the Patriots are successfull because of their draft prowess would be an EPIC fallacy!!!!

    STFU
    Stop trying to spin. You got exposed for being the know-nothing homer you are.

  16. #256
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    "Take away". Yeah, blame the Jets front office for selecting a Franchise LT, All-Pro Center, All-Pro MLB along with the greatest Defensive Player in Football. All in which are still on the team.

    Take away Tom Brady and the Patriots suck-suck-suck.

    What's your point?
    My point is that in ten years, the Jets have had two great drafts and the rest have been mostly some of the worst drafts in the NFL even worse than the Patriots drafts that you guys seem to want to trash.

    Congrats on 2006 and 2007, but since you have gotten one good starting d-lineman (Wilkerson who could be great), a good starting guard (Slauson), an average at best QB (Sanchez with the fifth overall pick), a lower tier starting RB (Greene), a good, but inconstent starting TE (Keller), and an inconsistent nickelback (Wilson who has played great at times, but like crap others) and not a heck of a lot else since 2007 in the draft. McKnight went from a stud returner to garbage last year. In four years since those two drafts, the Jets have drafted 5 starters and one or two good role players. Yet, you guys make fun of the Pats' drafts. Over the last four years, the Jets have had two top 6 picks and zero franchise or even Pro Bowl caliber players to show for it. 2008-2010 Jets drafts were nothing but hot garbage.

    In contrast, the Pats have drafted 9 starters from 2008-2011 (Solder, Mayo, Vollmer, Spikes, Chung, McCourty, Gronk, Hernandez, and Deadrick) five of whom have made the Pro Bowl (Mayo, McCourty, Gronk, Hernandez, and Vollmer), one was a DROY (Mayo), and another set the TD and yardage record for TE (Gronk), and four have been All Pros (Mayo, McCourty, Gronk, and Vollmer). Some of these starters have their warts, but the Pats' group of starters from 2008 on are far superior in numbers and quality than the Jets over the same period. They have also drafted a well above average punter in Mesko (he holds the rookie punting record for net punt yard average) a good punt returner in Edelman (he doesn't drop the ball like McKnight), and a good passing down d-lineman in Pryor.

    The jury is still out on 2011 and 2012. Wilkerson and Kearley have shown promise, but no one else from the 2011 draft class have yet. The Pats had Solder and Ridley show similar promise. Dowling played very well the first two games of the season, but he needs to prove he can stay healthy. Obviously, the 2012 draft class has not have a chance to show anything yet.

    Other than 2010, the Pats' draft classes haven't been stellar in recent years, but let's not act like the Pats have missed on every pick and the Jets have hit it out of the park. Yeah, but is fun listing all the 6th and 7th round "busts" the Pats have had.

    BTW, isn't it funny that you Jets fans only want to compare drafts if you include the two drafts from the Mangini regime? Let's compare apples to apples and compare the Ryan era drafts from both teams. Mangini could have been the genius who loved Revis, Harris, Mangold, and Ferguson.

    So let's recap:

    # of players who have made the Pro Bowl who were drafted from 2008-2011
    Jets - 0
    Pats - 5

    # of players who were drafted between 2008-2011 who were selected to either defensive or offensive rookies of the year
    Jets - 0
    Pats -1

    # of players drafted between 2008-2011 who have been selected as an All Pro
    Jets - 1 (Joe McKnight as a returner)
    Pats -4

    # of projected current starters who were drafted between 2008-2011
    Jets - 5
    Pats - 9
    Last edited by Rob0729; 07-07-2012 at 09:34 AM.

  17. #257
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    LOL. You come limping back for more? You have been outed. Get over it. You are the troll.
    You haven't gutted ****, chump.

  18. #258
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Stop trying to spin. You got exposed for being the know-nothing homer you are.
    I **** twice per day more than you'll know for a while.

    There was nothing to spin, and the "homer" label doesn't even apply you arrogant little prick.

  19. #259
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    You haven't gutted ****, chump.
    Never said I gutted anything.

    I don't have the stomach for that.

  20. #260
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Never said I gutted anything.

    I don't have the stomach for that.
    Why are the Giants drafts better than the Jets? What are you basing this on? Get off of Jordy's coattails for a second, stop trying to impress people by being a sensationalistic douche in trying to prove to everybody how objective you are, tell us why.

    Hint: It's not based on their Superbowl wins...
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 07-06-2012 at 11:24 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us