Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Sal P calls out the Jets drafting over the last 5 years.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Sroger View Post
    I'm responding to Paradis' point that the Patriots drafting is amongst the worst the last few years. Honestly, between 2008 and 2011, has their been a team in the NFL that has yielded less talent than the Jets in the draft? I think Wilkerson could be solid- I excluded him more for the effect of illustrating that in those 4 years, outside of Wilkerson, the Jets have been pretty terrible.
    Hey, listen up schlep rock.

If you opened up your eyes - you'd see that I started this thread. A thread about the Jets needing to improve their draft. So wake up polley. Your esteemed leader Texas Crunch - strutted his way in here and tossed some names around. Unfortunately, the Patriots are one of the only teams that have drafted WORSE than the jets.

Deon Sanders called NE's defense last year "hot garbage". If NE hit on even a fraction of their 82 picks in the last 3 years, they'd have had better defense than the Giants and won a couple more superbowls.

So sit down son. that's how it is

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    The jets went for a quick fix and it brought them to the playoffs for two straight years but now has left them older and poorer than what they want to be. No news there.

Now they have to re-tool the hard way and they started doing that this off season.

Next off season The LB group will most likely be gutted and replaced. Scott, Thomas, Pace will all be replaced. This will most likely result in a much quicker
    and better pass coverage unit. This change over started with Davis this year.

This is a pivotal year for the jets oline, Slausen, Moore and Hunter need to be resigned or replaced next off season.
    There need to be a thread on this.

The Jets are not an old team,because the players many consider to be old probably won't play an important role in the success or Failure of the team in 2012.The Jets are more of an inexperience team than an old team.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post

If you opened up your eyes - you'd see that I started this thread. A thread about the Jets needing to improve their draft. So wake up polley. Your esteemed leader Texas Crunch - strutted his way in here and tossed some names around. Unfortunately, the Patriots are one of the only teams that have drafted WORSE than the jets.

Deon Sanders called NE's defense last year "hot garbage". If NE hit on even a fraction of their 82 picks in the last 3 years, they'd have had better defense than the Giants and won a couple more superbowls.

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Wow! Shonn greene has become the whipping boy around here pretty fast. Greene stinks??? Thats just silly. Is he elite??? No. But just look who made the super bowl last year. Neither team had an elite back. Its all about the qb my friend. The team will only go as far as the qb takes them. The rb is not the issue.

I hope Greene makes everyone eat their words this season.
    Is Greene Walter Payton, no. But he aint no Cadillac Williams either.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post

I'd ask how on earth you can substantiate a claim that the Jets drafts have yielded more talent than the Pats as of late (last 3-4 years), but I have feeling that discussion won't get anywhere. I'm not arguing the Pats have been great, or even good, but they certainly have not been worse than the Jets. Honestly, what team in the NFL has blown more top ten draft picks since 2008?

Sad that as bad as the Patriots' defense was last year they still made the Superbowl and were better statistically than the "vaunted" Jets defense.

"But But But they gave up so many yards and scores are kept in terms of yards allowed because that stat makes the Jets D look better! Rex is such a brilliant defense mind!"
    Last edited by Sroger; 07-04-2012 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Now who's the homer?
    sorry, but for posting what? I said that BB was not that good at drafting.

As far as philosophy - They still traded down from the 2nd to pick up Bequette and Denard. They had a glaring need at DE, if they would have stayed at 28 they may have all been gone.

Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    so let's see, the tuna leaves and puts groh then edwards in charge. the jets have some pretty bad draft picks and free agents under bradway/edwards. by the time mangini came on board there wasn't much left yet he managed a 500 or so record. for the past few drafts, the jets have done fairly well even though they've traded up. the gholston pick hurt bad as well as picks like the boarhunter but they also made it to the championship game twice. not bad success for an oldy/moldy team. this year they kept the draft pick and are building from the inside out.
    Good summary, I agree

Delusional NE trolls. Imagine with those many picks the Pats had these past few years if Belicheat addressed that piss azz defense to compliment Tammy Brady?

Tammy's clock is ticking. Then these NE trolls will be gone and back to the timw when more than 1/2 their stadium was filled. Can't wait!

Pre Spygate 3 Titles; Post Spygate 0 Titles.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    The purpose of the draft is to build a winning football team.

Pats recent drafts have provided a AFCE title, AFC Championship and a Super Bowl appearance.

The Jets drafts have provided a mediocre 8-8 football team and no playoffs.
    Tom Brady provided ALL OF THAT........watch when he's gone and tell me how much of a genius Belicheat is then ok?

Remember before Mo Lewis inserted Brady as a starter everyone in New England and around the country were talking about just how much longer before Krafty fired Belicheat?I sure do.............stop trying to re-write history troll.....

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Lets look at Jets recent drafts. 2007 D Revis, D J Harris, Jacob Bender, and Chansi stuckey.

2008 V Gholston, D Keller, D Lowery , Erik Ainge, Marcus Henry , and Nate Garner

2009 Mark Sanchez, Shonn Greene and Matt Slauson

2010 Kyle wilson, Vlad ducasse, Joe Mcknight and John Connor

2011 M Wilkerson, K ellis , J Kerley, Greg MCelroy and Scotty Mcknight.

Now compare that to other teams have drafted with alot more picks. (more depth and not as apparent when you miss on a pick.

You can't keep having less picks than everyone else. GReat teams are built through the draft. Jets went for it all(sacrificing their future in the process) Time to hold on those draft picks like they are Gold.

Ray as you saw what a Great draft can do. See Dbrick and Mangold. That was the foundation for the jets becoming a very good team. Now tell me Ray with so few picks and other teams finding better talent for the last couple of years, that eventually catches up to you.
    I pointed out what the Jets turned some of those draft picks in for, you're trying to argue that the players the Jets chose are not better than the players they might have taken had they not moved up in some of those drafts.

That is a flawed and unrealistic statement.

Move along homer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I pointed out what the Jets turned some of those draft picks in for, you're trying to argue that the players the Jets chose are not better than the players they might have taken had they not moved up in some of those drafts.

Move along homer.
    You have to count in the draft:

Jenkins for a 3rd and 5th
    Edwards for a 3rd and 5th
    Cromartie for a 2nd
    Tebow for a 4th
    Favre
    Sanchez (move up)
    Greene (move up)
    Harris (move up)
    Revis (move up)

We can keep going, but you get the point. All those guys were starters at some point.

o

Move along homer.
    Your not following the author point and mine. Jets by trading those draft picks for players. Were sacrificing their future as they wanted to win right now at all costs.(so the following drafts when teams were drafting eight players Jets were drafting sometime three players) What they left themselve with is very few choices. Hurts even more when you don't hit on those few choices.

Another point I was making it doesn't matter how young those players are. IF S Greene never develops into a legitimate number 1 Rb or M Sanchez into a top ten QB. OR S Hill never develops into ma number 1 WR . Than who cares how old players is as you will be looking fore upgrades at that positions.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 07-04-2012 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    You have to count in the draft:

Jenkins for a 3rd and 5th
    Edwards for a 3rd and 5th
    Cromartie for a 2nd
    Tebow for a 4th
    Favre
    Sanchez (move up)
    Greene (move up)
    Harris (move up)
    Revis (move up)

We can keep going, but you get the point. All those guys were starters at some point.
    Exactly!

You can also add McKnight and Kerley, players the Jets also moved around for in the draft and gave up lower round picks.

The entire premise of Sal P's article is wrong. It's a holiday, so when I have more time, I'll break out more facts...

But you can't criticize the Jets for being old when they have one of the younger rosters in the league.

You can't say they haven't drafted well, when they go out and bring in players like Maybin, Sapp, Landry, Caleb Schlauderaff, and possibly Lankster, all players that were top draft picks or deemed players with good talent coming out of the draft, or were draft picks of other teams, and are all young, when the Jets got them through FA, these players weren't the standard big payday players, they were players their former teams let go. All 3 could have big roles with the Jets this year.

Then there is the part of the roster with undrafted FA's who are now key players on this team, Devito, Cumberland, Dixon, and Nick Belore.

o

Your not following the author point and mine. Jets by trading those draft picks for players. Were sacrificing their future as they wanted to win right now at all costs.(so the following drafts when teams were drafting eight players Jets were drafting sometime three players) What they left themselve with is very few choices. Hurts even more when you don't hit on those few choices.

Another point I was making it doesn't matter how young those players are. IF S Greene never develops into a legitimate number 1 Rb or M Sanchez into a top ten QB. OR S Hill never develops into ma number 1 WR . Than who cares how old players is as you will be looking fore upgrades at that positions.
    I am following the point. You are missing it.

And considering how you pimp and hype every Raider player, including 7th round picks, you have no credibility on this topic.

Exactly!

You can also add McKnight and Kerley, players the Jets also moved around for in the draft and gave up lower round picks.

The entire premise of Sal P's article is wrong. It's a holiday, so when I have more time, I'll break out more facts...

But you can't criticize the Jets for being old when they have one of the younger rosters in the league.

You can't say they haven't drafted well, when they go out and bring in players like Maybin, Sapp, Landry, Caleb Schlauderaff, and possibly Lankster, all players that were top draft picks or deemed players with good talent coming out of the draft, or were draft picks of other teams, and are all young, when the Jets got them through FA, these players weren't the standard big payday players, they were players their former teams let go. All 3 could have big roles with the Jets this year.

Then there is the part of the roster with undrafted FA's who are now key players on this team, Devito, Cumberland, Dixon, and Nick Belore.
    Seriously there are some young Jet players you can hype. Don't give US Maybin, Sapp, landry (have you seen him in coverage), caleb Schlauderaff and lankster who haven't done anything in the NFl. (there old clubs got rid of them for a reason)., IF Jets believed in maybin don't you think they would have signed him to a long term deal.

Devito, Cumberland, Dixon and Belore have done what again. It one thing have some expectations for Coples and S Hill. They have some talent that you can say they could be good players at their position.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 07-04-2012 at 11:00 PM.

Seriously there are some young Jet players you can hype. Don't give US Maybin, Sapp, landry (have you seen him in coverage), caleb Schlauderaff and lankster who haven't done anything in the NFl. (there old clubs got rid of them for a reason)

Devito, Cumberland, Dixon and Belore have done what again.
    LMFAO @ you questioning what a player has done on another team to be deemed a quality player....

Do you read what you post?

LMFAO @ you questioning what a player has done on another team to be deemed a quality player....

Do you read what you post?
    Ricky sapp http://i.nflcdn.com/static/site/4.2/...rmarks/NYJ.gif

Caleb Schauderaff has how many starts.

Lankster played for bills how many NFl starts.

Maybin had six sacks last year( thats the same number for his three year NFL career. So far all he proven he was a one trick pony. Can you say he will be closer to getting six sacks or 10 for 2012. IF Jets FO thought he was a 10 sack guy they would have signed him to a longterm deal. Devito a nice depth player but he rather limited ( can't get to the Qb at all) Can he stop the fast running backs from getting outside of him.

Cumberland showed some promise but he had a serious achilles injury and jury still out if he can be the same player .

The point is how many beside Landry do you expect to start for the Jets.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 07-04-2012 at 11:39 PM.

Seriously there are some young Jet players you can hype. Don't give US Maybin, Sapp, landry (have you seen him in coverage), caleb Schlauderaff and lankster who haven't done anything in the NFl. (there old clubs got rid of them for a reason)., IF Jets believed in maybin don't you think they would have signed him to a long term deal.

Devito, Cumberland, Dixon and Belore have done what again. It one thing have some expectations for Coples and S Hill. They have some talent that you can say they could be good players at their position.
    Come on, Raids. You've inundated this message board with Raider players that have done zero so many times.

DeVito is one of the best run stopping tackles in the division, let alone the conference. He can't pass rush to save his life. Dixon is a quality reserve player, and came up big in a few spots last year. Cumberland showed potential and got injured badly after making a few big plays, so I suppose he's not really much. Belore is invisible to me.

Some of these guys are good players. You don't have studs at every position. That's called the Pro Bowl.

He's a zero, until proven otherwise. Coples is more of a constant then he is at this point.

Exactly!

What does bringing in highly touted players from other teams, that have not performed and were subsequently released, have anything to do with the Jets' drafting?