Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm about to see The Amazing Spiderman B****es!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Disagree,

Its kinda like if Bruce would completely re record and re release BTR. What is the point? Other than to make fun off of simpletons?
    Don't be a douche. Do you have the same opinions about 007 movies?

They are fictional characters. Every version brings something to the table. Look at Nicholson Joker by your theory we would have missed out oh Heath's joker which was G.O.A.T

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post
    Don't be a douche. Do you have the same opinions about 007 movies?

They are fictional characters. Every version brings something to the table. Look at Nicholson Joker by your theory we would have missed out oh Heath's joker which was G.O.A.T
    It's a "too cool for school" kind of thing. I keep asking what's cool, but nobody can respond to it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    It's a "too cool for school" kind of thing. I keep asking what's cool, but nobody can respond to it.
    Prob indie films or anything showed at canes or nominated for an Oscar

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post
    Prob indie films or anything showed at canes or nominated for an Oscar
    It's got to have a point, so you can discuss it over chardonnay.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I never read comic books as a kid, so therefore I never got into comic book movies. I'm on board with Rubes -- The fact that there's ANOTHER Spiderman reboot is ridiculous.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    I never read comic books as a kid, so therefore I never got into comic book movies. I'm on board with Rubes -- The fact that there's ANOTHER Spiderman reboot is ridiculous.
    Would you like some chablis, madame?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Would you like some chablis, madame?
    Bond movies are cool, I'm a high 007 fan. Two movies that I can't wait for this year are Skyfall (Bond 23) and The Great Gatsby.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bond movies are cool, I'm a high 007 fan. Two movies that I can't wait for this year are Skyfall (Bond 23) and The Great Gatsby.
    I like Bond as well. Good call.

So what's the difference between Bond and Batman? Or any hero movie? Indiana Jones? To me they're all 2 hours that I can shut my brain off. I guess it depends on a lot of things to different people.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I like Bond as well. Good call.

So what's the difference between Bond and Batman? Or any hero movie? Indiana Jones? To me they're all 2 hours that I can shut my brain off. I guess it depends on a lot of things to different people.
    Indiana Jones is my all time favorite, ever since I was little. There was always something that appealed to me about Indiana Jones. He wasn't a hero, his methods weren't perfect. He had his flaws. He was just a swashbuckling, give-em-hell college professor who hated Nazis.

What turns me off about comic book heroes are the overdramatic backstories, the ridiculous costumes, and the fact that all of those story lines take themselves so seriously.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Indiana Jones is my all time favorite, ever since I was little. There was always something that appealed to me about Indiana Jones. He wasn't a hero, his methods weren't perfect. He had his flaws. He was just a swashbuckling, give-em-hell college professor who hated Nazis.
    Indy is awesome. I agree 100%.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Indiana Jones is an awesome character and the first 3 movies were stellar. The Last Crusade is one of those movies that no matter how many times it's on TV, I'll still watch it.

but they bastardized the Indy character in the Crystal Skull....I wish i never paid money to see that in the theater. Shia LaBoeuf should light himself on fire.

/my 2 cents

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    Indiana Jones is an awesome character and the first 3 movies were stellar. The Last Crusade is one of those movies that no matter how many times it's on TV, I'll still watch it.

but they bastardized the Indy character in the Crystal Skull....I wish i never paid money to see that in the theater. Shia LaBoeuf should light himself on fire.

/my 2 cents
    I refuse to acknowledge that movie. Like GI JOE. Those movies ruin my childhood memories.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I refuse to acknowledge that movie. Like GI JOE. Those movies ruin my childhood memories.
    I've never asked for a refund at a movie in my life. I had to be restrained that day.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post

/my 2 cents
    Crystall Skull was complete ass. I don't even consider it an Indiana Jones movie -- I still think of the franchise as a trilogy.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Crystall Skull was complete ass. I don't even consider it an Indiana Jones movie -- I still think of the franchise as a trilogy.
    I'm of the same opinion.

Crystal Skull is an abomination.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just forget about that hunk of crap.I still consider Indy a trilogy...a great trilogy

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Crystal Skull is to the Indiana Jones movies what Godfather III is to the Godfather movies.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    GI Joe. Transformers. The 4th Indy Movie. The "Updated" Battlestar Gallactica.

I either completely ignored all of them, or watched them in horror (Indy #4).

None could live up to the childhood memories of them.

I don't fault them being remade, nostalgia sells. Just not to me. I like the originals.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

What turns me off about comic book heroes are the overdramatic backstories, the ridiculous costumes, and the fact that all of those story lines take themselves so seriously.
    I loved Indiana Jones, but Indiana Jones is Batman in a different costume, his hat is his mask, his outfit is his cape, his whip is his utility belt. And of all the superheroes, Batman clearly has his flaws.

Indiana Jones is a comic book charachter if ever there was one, he just never made it in to a comic book.

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    GI Joe. Transformers. The 4th Indy Movie. The "Updated" Battlestar Gallactica.

I either completely ignored all of them, or watched them in horror (Indy #4).

None could live up to the childhood memories of them.

I don't fault them being remade, nostalgia sells. Just not to me. I like the originals.
    Updated Battlestar was great