Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 72 of 72

Thread: I'm about to see The Amazing Spiderman B****es!!!

  1. #61
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,611
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    Updated Battlestar was great
    Not to me it wasn't.



    Like I said, I'm fine with the idea that they remake stuff (generally). And I'm certainly fine with folks who love the new stuff. But for me, when I have a very strong and specific memory of the original, the remake (often) is not for me.

    For example, if (when?) someone decides to remake M*A*S*H, I am SURE that if it's done well, it'll be very popular. Done in modern times, with good writers, think the best of E.R. reallifegrit combined with some HBO-style combat realism and soem good actors/comedians to play the weary-but-funny Docs, and it'd be a big hit.

    It just won't be for me.

    Alan Alda is Hawkeye. I don't require a new one.

    Transformers is an animated show (which had a great animated movie) fro my kiddie years. I don't need nor want a Bay-splosiongfest.

    I'm glad new fans (and many old) are enjoying the revivals/nostalgia cash-in's. But it would take a spectacular remake to get me to want to enjoy them for many of these things.

    P.S. This is Starbuck.




  2. #62
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Bond movies are cool, I'm a high 007 fan. Two movies that I can't wait for this year are Skyfall (Bond 23) and The Great Gatsby.
    Btw, finally got The Artist on Netfix, will probably watch this weekend. Couldn't make it to theaters to see it, Blue Ray will have to do.

    _

  3. #63
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,514
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post
    Don't be a douche. Do you have the same opinions about 007 movies?

    They are fictional characters. Every version brings something to the table. Look at Nicholson Joker by your theory we would have missed out oh Heath's joker which was G.O.A.T
    I thought being a douche was the first rule of hampurclub?

  4. #64
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I thought being a douche was the first rule of hampurclub?
    The first rule of hampurclub is we don't talk about hampurclub.

    _

  5. #65
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,376
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I thought being a douche was the first rule of hampurclub?
    You have point

    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    The first rule of hampurclub is we don't talk about hampurclub.

    _
    You just broke the rule by a technicality.

  6. #66
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL at the tags.

    _

  7. #67
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Huntington, NY
    Posts
    8,533
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Disagree,

    Its kinda like if Bruce would completely re record and re release BTR. What is the point? Other than to make fun off of simpletons?
    Not really. It's like when Bruce was doing full albums live. Same music but each show is going to be a little different. I saw spiderman with my son yesterday. He liked. I liked it. We had a nice afternoon together.

  8. #68
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,376
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Not really. It's like when Bruce was doing full albums live. Same music but each show is going to be a little different. I saw spiderman with my son yesterday. He liked. I liked it. We had a nice afternoon together.
    That's my opinion, me and my son had a cool dudes night out

  9. #69
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,042
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post
    It was better than I expected, I liked Toby, but the new guy was good, and wasn't sure about peter's parents story line but it was well done. Fight scenes were cool and my son loved it. He was all about it and that made the movie worth while for me.

    Savages looks good.
    I was pleasantly surprised. This take on Spidey was actually better than expected and superior to Toby's trilogy which seemed forced and wooden. This new dude was a better interpretation of Peter Parker.
    And this Gwen Stacey's hotter than Toby's Mary Jane by far

  10. #70
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Btw, finally got The Artist on Netfix, will probably watch this weekend. Couldn't make it to theaters to see it, Blue Ray will have to do.

    _
    Paulie- Watched The Artist last nite.

    Have to say, very worthy of winning an Oscar (althought with it was up against some dregs).

    A very original, unique film. I give it an A for effort, it's novelty and cinemetography. That's not to say I loved the story but it fit the motif perfectly. I had a hard time feeling compasion for George at times (although he was very good-also deserved the Oscar) and felt it dragged a bit at parts. Great cast, Peppy was very cute (she looks like another actress but I can't pin it down), and the sets had the feel of an old Hollywoodland movie, an outstanding tribute to black and white/silent movies of old. The scene where George hears sound for the first time was outstanding.

    It's not a film I'd watch again, but I'm happy I saw it once. Definitely not for most Hampurites.

    _

  11. #71
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,376
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Paulie- Watched The Artist last nite.

    Have to say, very worthy of winning an Oscar (althought with it was up against some dregs).

    A very original, unique film. I give it an A for effort, it's novelty and cinemetography. That's not to say I loved the story but it fit the motif perfectly. I had a hard time feeling compasion for George at times (although he was very good-also deserved the Oscar) and felt it dragged a bit at parts. Great cast, Peppy was very cute (she looks like another actress but I can't pin it down), and the sets had the feel of an old Hollywoodland movie, an outstanding tribute to black and white/silent movies of old. The scene where George hears sound for the first time was outstanding.

    It's not a film I'd watch again, but I'm happy I saw it once. Definitely not for most Hampurites.

    _


    Last edited by dmitexxi; 07-13-2012 at 01:14 PM.

  12. #72
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,673
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    The "Updated" Battlestar Gallactica.

    I either completely ignored all of them, or watched them in horror (Indy #4).

    None could live up to the childhood memories of them.

    I don't fault them being remade, nostalgia sells. Just not to me. I like the originals.
    No problem with you feeling they don't live up to your childhood memories, by faulting the BSG reboot is heresy on the highest order when coming from a geek of your stature.

    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    Updated Battlestar was great
    +Eleventy billion.

    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    I was pleasantly surprised. This take on Spidey was actually better than expected and superior to Toby's trilogy which seemed forced and wooden. This new dude was a better interpretation of Peter Parker.
    And this Gwen Stacey's hotter than Toby's Mary Jane by far
    Totally agree. It will be interesting when/if they will set forth the major plotline for her character. It's major Spiderman canon, but it wouldn't be the first time Hollywood has ignored stuff like that. I figure they can squeeze in a second movie before having to address it. Next movie will have the Green Goblin as the villain, bank on it. Figure on the introduction of the Kingpin and a run-in with a frenemy like the Punisher, too.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us