Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Romney Invested in Medical-Waste Firm That Disposed of Aborted Fetuses

All Pro
    To a right winger, this kind of stuff only matters when it has to do with Al Gore and environmentalism.

Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    To a right winger, this kind of stuff only matters when it has to do with Al Gore and environmentalism.
    To a left winger, this kind of stuff only matters when it's a Republican doing something they (they liberals) actually support 100%.

If Romney is a hypocrite for maybe being involved at three-klevels-of-seperation, what does that make liberals now attacking him for doing something THEY ACTIVELY AND AGGRSSIVELY SUPPORT?

The difference between Romeny the Abortionist and Gore the Environmental Profiteer is that Romney isn't claiming Abortion will destory the Planet, and that PUBLIC money must be re-allocated to him in order to save it.

It would be nice if there was a rule of debate that you cannot call someone else out for doing something you yourself support.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    To a left winger, this kind of stuff only matters when it's a Republican doing something they (they liberals) actually support 100%.
    Disagreed. There are many cases where it matters to left wingers that a Republican capitalizes on something against their general ideology.

Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    Disagreed. There are many cases where it matters to left wingers that a Republican capitalizes on something against their general ideology.
    You got the actual point mate.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    It shows it Romney was pro-abortion and profited from it.
    Like the "foetus", men have no say in abortion "choice". The lesbians running NOW told us so.

This is moronic. Romney was not at Bain when this occured. And even if he was how much of Stericycle business is involved with fetus disposal. I bothered to actually look at the company profile. Theyare involved in a wide range of activities including pharma production.
    As for his vorting rights? I have voting rights with Procter and Gamble and Exxon. Does that mean I am responsible for what they do if someone should die as a result of what they do?
    Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    No it doesn't; it shows he's pro-profit. He's a capitalist.
    But he was pro-choice, right?

By the way, I learned over the last couple days that Stericycle, the company that Bain invested in which disposed of the medical waste, did so after February 1999... You know, when Romney departed...

So that is why the Obama campaign is so adamant about trying to use the SEC filings to prove Romney was active at the company after his acknowledged departure in early '99...

To the point that one of his senior advisers insinuated Romney is a felon...

Keep it up Libs... Keep it up...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I neglected to bold the interesting stuff
    No, I'd say that by neglecting to bold any of the article, you covered all of the interesting parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Frequent Flyer View Post
    LMAO
    +1

Pathetic, these people's attempts to make Mitt Romney look like a hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    +1

Pathetic, these people's attempts to make Mitt Romney look like a hypocrite.
    True, he can do it all by himself. He needs no help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFKOtT1q-9g

Jets Insider VIP
    Romney stands for all things all the time.

Do you like pretzels?

I do too. Oh, you don't? I hate those things.

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

Jets Insider VIP
    Willard could arguably be the biggest empty suit nominated by a major party in at least 100 yrs

Kerry Gore and Dole are his only conpetition

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post

He IS John Kerry.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Willard could arguably be the biggest empty suit nominated by a major party in at least 100 yrs

Dukakis was a real dynamo. George McGovern? Carter won (the first time)but was a major loser. Worst pres until the sultan.
    Adlai Stevenson? He did what exactly? Other than be another Illinois crooked politician.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    He IS John Kerry.
    While this election is remarkably similar, Mittens isn't that bad.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    By the way, I learned over the last couple days that Stericycle, the company that Bain invested in which disposed of the medical waste, did so after February 1999... You know, when Romney departed...
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    This is moronic. Romney was not at Bain when this occured. .
    This is the main point of the article. The main argument.
    I will post it again:

...But Bain Capital, the private equity firm Romney founded, tamped down the controversy. The company said Romney left the firm in February 1999 to run the troubled 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City and likely had nothing to with the deal. The matter never became a campaign issue. But documents filed by Bain and Stericycle with the Securities and Exchange Commission—and obtained by Mother Jones—list Romney as an active participant in the investment...

Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    And even if he was how much of Stericycle business is involved with fetus disposal. I bothered to actually look at the company profile. Theyare involved in a wide range of activities including pharma production.

As for his vorting rights? I have voting rights with Procter and Gamble and Exxon. Does that mean I am responsible for what they do if someone should die as a result of what they do?
    Amazing.

So you plan on voting for Romney because he was a hands-on captain of industry while working at Bain but when something that might not meet the sniff test comes out you move to the "Romney could not be expected to know everything"?

Really?

Is Romney a micro-managing, 18 hour-a-day, workaholic, deal making golden god or not?

And if not WTF does he bring to the table?

I am positive whoever was leading Bain when they bought into Stericycle knew that they were protested by pro-life supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    And if not WTF does he bring to the table?
    The entertaining irony of this angle of attack from a dedicated Obama supporter is not lost of some of us.

He IS John Kerry.
    Sure all rich people are the same. I got it. Both guys had money. Romney built a business and made loads of money for himself and his investors and Kerry married a rich lady. Same thing really.

All Pro
    He IS John Kerry.
    Sent from my Crapatalk USSR-1917
    Yes, Romney met with Saddam Hussein during the Iraq War. Or was it w/ Mullah Omar in Afghanistan