Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Honest Question is Flacco that much better than Sanchez??

Jets Insider VIP

Honest Question is Flacco that much better than Sanchez??

This is my 4th of July question.

I was watching the NFL's count down of the games top 100 players and Flacco's name came up.

And all of these players came on saying how great Flacco is and how much of an "elite" QB he is. Am I missing something here.... The Ravens Flacco ELITE?

I really don't see how Flacco is better than Sanchez at all?

Indeed the constant negative comments that Sanchez received concerning the belief "that he was given a ready made team" etc apply IMO double in Flacco's case.

The Raven's Defense was all world consistently before and after he got there and his WR while not spectacular had far more stability and consistency than that of the Jets.

Flacco also had a fantastic RB which Sanchez didn't have...

And finally Flacco has yet to play as consistently well as Sanchez has in the post season.

So I don't get it is Flacco really better than Sanchez....

IMO the answer is No but I could be worng.

Happy & Safe Holiday

Jets Insider VIP
    Is Flacco "elite"? No.

Is Flacco better than Sanchez at this point? Absolutely

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Is Flacco "elite"? No.

+1,...... yet equal no Lombardi.

He's had more consistency and has a much 'bigger' arm.

I think he's above average to good...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Is Flacco "elite"? No.

Come on you strongly dislike Sanchez at best. But why is he better than Sanchez? Why?

I believe if the Jets had the Raven's defense in those AFC games the Jets would have gone to the SB both times so how come Flacco is as you put it "Absoultely" better than Sanchez!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post

I was watching the NFL's count down of the games top 100 players and Flacco's name came up.

And all of these players came on saying how great Flacco is and how much of an "elite" QB he is. Am I missing something here.... The Ravens Flacco ELITE?

Indeed the constant negative comments that Sanchez received concerning the belief "that he was given a ready made team" etc apply IMO double in Flacco's case.

The Raven's Defense was all world consistently before and after he got there and his WR while not spectacular had far more stability and consistency than that of the Jets.

And finally Flacco has yet to play as consistently well as Sanchez has in the post season.

Happy & Safe Holiday
    Flacco was about the same as Sanchez after his third season, now he has a better command of his offense, hopefully Sanchez will improve also

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post

Happy & Safe Holiday

Look at it this way. If both teams were given the opportunity to swap qb's, which team would be pulling the trigger immediately and which team would say hell no...

Mark Sanchez is head and shoulders a far superior QB to Flacco... Flacco is damn good. Led his team to the AFC Championship as a Rookie- that's no gimmi.

Last years playoffs vs the Pats, Flacco's colors came true- He's no the fastest reader of picking up a blitz nor does he have a gunslinging arm we all thought he had-- don't get me wrong, his arm is one of the best in the league and he can probably throw the long ball farther than Sanchez HOWEVER he does not have the quick decision then SNAP when the WR is open--- when he does it, the throw is OFF.

Sanchez on the other hand has one of the best SNAPs I've ever seen. He can look one way turn the other, thread the needle like no other and it's all with a flick of the wrist- not to mention he can do it on the run, something Flacco can't.. Sanchez biggest problem is that he'll make just as many poor decisions as good ones, & when those poor decisions happen in the 4th quarter he gets eaten alive by everyone in the world.

Neither QB is elite, nor is either QB a top 10- but Sanchez definitely has the edge by a mile.. not saying Flacco can't cut it- his mental toughness is greater than Sanchez, that's big.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Genius View Post
    Mark Sanchez is head and shoulders a far superior QB to Flacco... Flacco is damn good. Led his team to the AFC Championship as a Rookie- that's no gimmi.

Last years playoffs vs the Pats, Flacco's colors came true- He's no the fastest reader of picking up a blitz nor does he have a gunslinging arm we all thought he had-- don't get me wrong, his arm is one of the best in the league and he can probably throw the long ball farther than Sanchez HOWEVER he does not have the quick decision then SNAP when the WR is open--- when he does it, the throw is OFF.

Sanchez on the other hand has one of the best SNAPs I've ever seen. He can look one way turn the other, thread the needle like no other and it's all with a flick of the wrist- not to mention he can do it on the run, something Flacco can't.. Sanchez biggest problem is that he'll make just as many poor decisions as good ones, & when those poor decisions happen in the 4th quarter he gets eaten alive by everyone in the world.

Neither QB is elite, nor is either QB a top 10- but Sanchez definitely has the edge by a mile.. not saying Flacco can't cut it- his mental toughness is greater than Sanchez, that's big.
    You're kidding yourself, and you bring up the AFC Championship...Flacco took them down the field in the final minutes and threw a perfect pass that should have sent them to the Super Bowl, but it was dropped, then the stupid coach doesn't use their final timeout and they rush the kick and miss it...can't criticize him for that game

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    Look at it this way. If both teams were given the opportunity to swap qb's, which team would be pulling the trigger immediately and which team would say hell no...
    You all have been believing the Jet hating media. Flacco has only gotten worse with a simple system, and chokes the more important the game is. Yeah I'd jump all over that 20 tds 12 picks and 9 fumbles with Ray Rice keeping all of those guys in the box. Yeah he's awesome. He's really got control of that offense now.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    You all have been believing the Jet hating media. Flacco has only gotten worse with a simple system, and chokes the more important the game is. Yeah I'd jump all over that 20 tds 12 picks and 9 fumbles with Ray Rice keeping all of those guys in the box. Yeah he's awesome. He's really got control of that offense now.
    I just think Flacco has a little more experience and it shows... Not to say Mark can't eventually be a better player, rt now Flacco gets the edge

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Flacco was about the same as Sanchez after his third season, now he has a better command of his offense, hopefully Sanchez will improve also
    There ya go. After 3 seasons they were about the same. Mark needs to make the same jump Flacco made this year

All Pro
    IMHO,Flacco,Sanchez,Freeman and to some extent Matty Ice are all in the same boat behind guys like Eli Manning the Kid QB from the Rams and the Cutler kid in Chicago who are behind guys like Rodgers and Rotheslisberger who are behind guys like Brady and Peyton Manning .

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    There ya go. After 3 seasons they were about the same. Mark needs to make the same jump Flacco made this year
    What Jump did Flacco make in 2011.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    I just think Flacco has a little more experience and it shows... Not to say Mark can't eventually be a better player, rt now Flacco gets the edge
    The Ravens in general have more experience they are about 2 years ahead of us there time is getting shorter and shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    The Ravens in general have more experience they are about 2 years ahead of us there time is getting shorter and shorter.
    Agreed, now can be our time to move up the totem pole, if Rex can keep them together

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    IMHO,Flacco,Sanchez,Freeman and to some extent Matty Ice are all in the same boat behind guys like Eli Manning the Kid QB from the Rams and the Cutler kid in Chicago who are behind guys like Rodgers and Rotheslisberger who are behind guys like Brady and Peyton Manning .
    I find myself wondering what in the world people keep seeing in Sam Bradford ?? He just isn't that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    I find myself wondering what in the world people keep seeing in Sam Bradford ?? He just isn't that good.
    He showed he had the tools as a rook, looked like a possible elite qb, with that team getting worse and worse he hasn't done anything since, might not be his fault, tho, you never know with these guys

Jets Insider VIP
    What does he have to work with, he is prototype. Jeff will turn that sh*t around.

All Pro
    For 1 yr,Sam Bradford put the Rams on his back.Maybe he's no good,but his fruit says different and shows his potential.Sanchez,Flacco and Freeman doesn't have that fruit.