Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 310

Thread: Honest Question is Flacco that much better than Sanchez??

  1. #201
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,907
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    At what point is Sanchez not "young"?
    This year.

  2. #202
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    His playoff numbers would be more impressive if it was over a 3 or 4 game span.

    What the hell is so impressive about 9 TD's over the course of 6 games? Especially when damn near half of them came strictly in the New England Divisional contest?

    And trying to discredit one of the greatest QB's to ever play the game just to suit your goofy little argument is retarded.


    When talking about Flacco being better, 9 TDS and only 3 INT in 6 playoff games seems a hell of alot more impressive than the 8 TDS Flacco put up in 9 playoff games along with his 8 picks......

  3. #203
    Flaaco is not better to any extent than Sanchez at all. Which isn't saying that Sanchez is really good.

  4. #204
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    At what point is Sanchez not "young"?
    27 or 28, because that's when QBs enter their peak years. 27 really seems to be the significant age. You can look at almost any good QB and see the improvement in performance from age 26 to 27. It's more than a little weird.

  5. #205
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Calm yourself down.
    I'll "calm myself down" when arm-chair QB analysts like yourself stop telling the rest of us how "diligently" watch the games like the rest of us are a bunch of schoolgirls looking at the shiny uniforms and picking who's going to win based on how ferocious the animal is on the side of the helmet.

    Unless you've watched tape (and ALL the tape) on every third year QB in the history of history and can say to a certitude that Sanchez is so much worse on his field vision--AND you produce your credentials as at a minimum a Division 1 coach or real network analyst, I don't give a. Half-baked crap about your analysis.

    You haters love dissecting every throw Sanchez makes. Go watch a Lions game and tell me who Stafford is looking at at ALL times.

    Go look at the last Colts SB and tell me who Manning was looking at when he made that throw to win the game. For the other side.

    Sanchez's field vision was on a nice upward trend in 2009 and 2010, but in 2011 when he started running for his life is when he started to get skittish and forcing balls into spots they shouldn't have been thrown, when he started looking for guys because he no longer had Cotch and Braylon to trust to be in a spot at a certain time.

    But that's just an excuse to you "objective" diligent analysts.

    _

  6. #206
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    I'll "calm myself down" when arm-chair QB analysts like yourself stop telling the rest of us how "diligently" watch the games like the rest of us are a bunch of schoolgirls looking at the shiny uniforms and picking who's going to win based on how ferocious the animal is on the side of the helmet.

    Unless you've watched tape (and ALL the tape) on every third year QB in the history of history and can say to a certitude that Sanchez is so much worse on his field vision--AND you produce your credentials as at a minimum a Division 1 coach or real network analyst, I don't give a. Half-baked crap about your analysis.

    You haters love dissecting every throw Sanchez makes. Go watch a Lions game and tell me who Stafford is looking at at ALL times.

    Go look at the last Colts SB and tell me who Manning was looking at when he made that throw to win the game. For the other side.

    Sanchez's field vision was on a nice upward trend in 2009 and 2010, but in 2011 when he started running for his life is when he started to get skittish and forcing balls into spots they shouldn't have been thrown, when he started looking for guys because he no longer had Cotch and Braylon to trust to be in a spot at a certain time.

    But that's just an excuse to you "objective" diligent analysts.

    _

    Sanchez is right on target in his development to be elite in 2014. You just need to endure a couple more years of growing pains and multiple Super Bowls will be coming. Just look at Eli, he's a QB who plays in New York and no one believed in him, now he's a champion! That's how every QB in New York plays out if you just give. him. enough. time.

  7. #207
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    I'll "calm myself down" when arm-chair QB analysts like yourself stop telling the rest of us how "diligently" watch the games like the rest of us are a bunch of schoolgirls looking at the shiny uniforms and picking who's going to win based on how ferocious the animal is on the side of the helmet.

    Unless you've watched tape (and ALL the tape) on every third year QB in the history of history and can say to a certitude that Sanchez is so much worse on his field vision--AND you produce your credentials as at a minimum a Division 1 coach or real network analyst, I don't give a. Half-baked crap about your analysis.

    You haters love dissecting every throw Sanchez makes. Go watch a Lions game and tell me who Stafford is looking at at ALL times.

    Go look at the last Colts SB and tell me who Manning was looking at when he made that throw to win the game. For the other side.

    Sanchez's field vision was on a nice upward trend in 2009 and 2010, but in 2011 when he started running for his life is when he started to get skittish and forcing balls into spots they shouldn't have been thrown, when he started looking for guys because he no longer had Cotch and Braylon to trust to be in a spot at a certain time.

    But that's just an excuse to you "objective" diligent analysts.

    _
    you are out of your mind. I am in no way a "sanchez hater" Want him to succeed. You have zero ability to be objective. None. It makes your opinions useless. And you do need to calm down. You're going to have a coronary in your angry, hostile defensive posts of our flawed QB. You continually blame it all on the OL. Sanchez was bad when the OL protected him last season. And you so obviously do give a crap about mine or anyone else's analysis of Sanchez because you respond in such a railing, abusive manner. If you didn't care, you wouldn't respond. Sanchez's field vision has not been on any upward trend. That's for sure. He locks on and sees the part of the field where his primary is supposed to be. Under pressure he does not step up in the pocket the way a seasoned QB does. He moves laterally. All the time. ANd often right into an oncoming pass rusher. He needs to fix that or he will wind up being a backup for the rest of his career. Basically, he is one of the worst starting QBs in the league right now and that shouldn't be the case 3 years in. Blame it on the OL, as you continually do. Blame it on the offensive play design, as I often do. Blame it on the bad WRs, as you and I both do. But when push comes to shove, the fault lies with Sanchez. After this season we will either be relieved that he has improved to point where he can be viable or we will be wondering which QB the Jets draft in round 1 next April. It's one or the other.

  8. #208
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post

    our flawed QB.
    Say no more.

    Btw, I stopped being angry 7 years ago, my standing heart rate is that of someone half my age, my BP is considered low and my cholesterol and tri-clycerides are minimal.

    I just don't need to be lectured about how YOU diligently watch games.

    You're starting to sound like DWC without the stats and the platitudes.

    _

  9. #209
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Say no more.

    Btw, I stopped being angry 7 years ago, my standing heart rate is that of someone half my age, my BP is considered low and my cholesterol and tri-clycerides are minimal.

    I just don't need to be lectured about how YOU diligently watch games.

    You're starting to sound like DWC without the stats and the platitudes.

    _

    Really? On a steady diet of pork chops, ribs and shepard's pie? Not to mention all the brewskis.

  10. #210
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Say no more.

    Btw, I stopped being angry 7 years ago, my standing heart rate is that of someone half my age, my BP is considered low and my cholesterol and tri-clycerides are minimal.

    I just don't need to be lectured about how YOU diligently watch games.

    You're starting to sound like DWC without the stats and the platitudes.

    _
    There you again.. no one is lecturing you. It's called debate.. discussion.. opinion... So this is how you react when someone disagrees? Nice work counselor. And Sanchez is flawed. Significantly. You poor thing. You can't handle any objective critisism of this QB. None. Why do you even open a thread about Sanchez?

    In the end, we hope for the same thing. That Mark improves to the point where he can be a viable, consistent and succesful starting QB for the NY Jets. As of now, he is not close and plays well below expectations.

  11. #211
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Really? On a steady diet of pork chops, ribs and shepard's pie? Not to mention all the brewskis.
    It's really the olive oil, garlic and wine that does it. Good genetics (my Italian heritage is some healthy stock, but a bit crazy on the downside) and a steady regiment of run, bike, swim. Plus I stopped getting caught up in politics and stopped associating with d-bags. Gotta get off the Pfail Strip now!!


  12. #212
    I've watched both play. Sanchez looks like a better player than Flacco. Flacco looks like he's got marbles rolling around behind his eyes and for all the talk about his great arm he misses wide open receivers down field more than he should.

    Sanchez has a strange anomaly with his completion percentage IMO because he gets a lot of passes batted down at the line. He has crappy receivers dropping passes, and then he has nothing to throw at because the defense knows what we're doing because our coordinator was a moron. And then he throws a bad pass every now and then. But watching him throw the deep ball I will say that I think he's extremely accurate in that regard and he's even better when he's throwing on the run. Sounds like I'm describing Big Ben there a little bit...

    Any way, we'll see. I do think he got a little too comfortable and that's on him. If you look at him now he's not messing around. Attribute that to being young and growing up.

  13. #213
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post

    And Sanchez is flawed. Significantly.

    You can't handle any objective critisism of this QB.
    Say no more, I didn't realize you weren't bashing Sanchez.

    You were just being "objective".

    No putting words in your mouth, my error.

    Carry on.

    _

  14. #214
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    I've watched both play. Sanchez looks like a better player than Flacco. Flacco looks like he's got marbles rolling around behind his eyes and for all the talk about his great arm he misses wide open receivers down field more than he should.

    Sanchez has a strange anomaly with his completion percentage IMO because he gets a lot of passes batted down at the line. He has crappy receivers dropping passes, and then he has nothing to throw at because the defense knows what we're doing because our coordinator was a moron. And then he throws a bad pass every now and then. But watching him throw the deep ball I will say that I think he's extremely accurate in that regard and he's even better when he's throwing on the run. Sounds like I'm describing Big Ben there a little bit...

    Any way, we'll see. I do think he got a little too comfortable and that's on him. If you look at him now he's not messing around. Attribute that to being young and growing up.
    Excuses, sidetown.

    Try watching the games diligently.

    And objectively.

    _

  15. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Say no more, I didn't realize you weren't bashing Sanchez.

    You were just being "objective".

    No putting words in your mouth, my error.

    Carry on.

    _
    thank you.

    Civility becomes you. Even when it involves extreme ironing.

  16. #216
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Excuses, sidetown.

    Try watching the games diligently.

    And objectively.

    _
    absolutely. Would help some sound a lot smahter.

  17. #217
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    thank you.

    Civility becomes you. Even when it involves extreme ironing.
    I'm just thankful JetsInsider has "objective" analysts like you here to straighten the rest of us all out.

    Lol.

    _

  18. #218
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    I'm just thankful JetsInsider has "objective" analysts like you here to straighten the rest of us all out.

    Lol.

    _
    Not trying to "straighten" you out. You're already as straight as can be, in fact rigid is more accurate. Objectivity? You should try some when it comes to Sanchez. But then again, you might not like the results. Let's hope he gets better. Then all the excuses can go away.

  19. #219
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    This was my point in the OP.

    Players in the NFL are saying Flacco is elite but are also saying that Sanchez is "over rated." As I stated before Flacco has yet to be demonstrably superior to Sanchez despite him having a better surrounding cast by far. Does anyone think that the better surrounding cast might be the reason why Flacco regular season numbers arre slightly better than those for Sanchez?

    I didn't even make the very important points you make because the counter argument is that Sanchez is no good becuase he doesn't make the "average" players around him into "elite" players.

    When you say neither do 95% of the other QBs in NFL history. Or even a great QB like Brady can't just do this, see Ocho Stinko last year as an example!!!

    The inevitable respsonse is that "the time for excuses is over for Sanchez and his apologist" as if the lack of offensive talent isn't a valid observation for a QB.

    Is Sanchez all wolrd, of course not....

    But is he the bum waste of a pick that people keep silently hoping will fail, no not even close......
    I'm with you on this, do I think Sanchez can develop, yes. Granted he needs a lot of work but I don't understand this Jet fan mentality where they HOPE someone fails so they can prove their point?
    Personally, I think Sanchez was more frustrated than any Jet last year & he had the right to be! Tanny left him out to dry with losers like Plax, Mason, a dead legged LT, Hunter, a gimpy Moore & then when Mangold went down he was taking snaps from an UDFA that hadn't played 1 down of NFL football!

    ARE YOU KIDDING ME!
    Sanchez got the snot kicked out of him last year & kept getting off the canvas, I think the Miami game was his breaking point, he couldn't take anymore, he pulled a Roberto Duran & said, "no mas".

    Tom Brady would not have made it through the season had he taken the shots Sanchez endured! Do u honestly think that Brady doesn't get that roughing call in the endzone in Denver on that vicious Von Miller hit?

    Instead of vilifying Sanchez, we should be saying, "holy chit" this young kid played with no line, dogs at wideout, Keller dropping balls left & right, no run game, the crappiest OC in the history of football & took more shots than Kenny OBrien in his worst year & put up 31TDs.
    Only in NY
    Any other City & the fans would be pulling for him bigtime. Instead we have idiot fans posting when they think Tebow will take over, as Charlie Brown says, GOOD GRIEF!

  20. #220
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Not trying to "straighten" you out. You're already as straight as can be, in fact rigid is more accurate. Objectivity? You should try some when it comes to Sanchez. But then again, you might not like the results. Let's hope he gets better. Then all the excuses can go away.
    Why so angry? You can hate Sanchez all you want and bash him as much as you want, but as long as you couch your criticism in terms of being "objective" we're cool.

    I get it, you're just being objective.

    So, what QB you looking at drafting in the first round next year?

    Objectively speaking, of course.

    _

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us