Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 310

Thread: Honest Question is Flacco that much better than Sanchez??

  1. #261
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,406
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Mark needs to play better. He knows that. He admits that. I believe he will get better bc of his work ethic and bc he has gotten better each year. I wont speak for Stokes, but my problem is with the unfair expectations, the overly criticalness, and the absolute judgements that Mark is a bust. I dont see it and I dont think its fair. He isnt there yet, but he is getting there and he is a gamer. You cant teach that. He has IT. Flacco, Ryan, Freeman, Stafford, Schaub, etc... Those guys dont have IT. Its hard to explain, but with the right coaching Mark has a great chance at being a top QB in this league. He isnt Drew Brees, but there is more than 1 way to get it done. I feel you though. Not questioning your passion. Just saying for me, I like the kid and I want him to succeed. Its better for us as the guy we drafted and watched grow...just means more to me. But make no mistake I curse him come gametime and dumb decisions too.
    and does that make you a hater? Of course not. And if you watch the game again on your DVR during the week and you see some really bad things Sanchez does over and over, week after week even on plays where he has great protection and then try to discuss it here in a reasonable way, does that make you a hater and a Sanchez basher? Get my point? But more than a few around here (it's not just Stokes) don't want any such discussion to happen. Their loss. They should stick to the Hampur.

  2. #262
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,475
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    and does that make you a hater? Of course not. And if you watch the game again on your DVR during the week and you see some really bad things Sanchez does over and over, week after week even on plays where he has great protection and then try to discuss it here in a reasonable way, does that make you a hater and a Sanchez basher? Get my point? But more than a few around here (it's not just Stokes) don't want any such discussion to happen. Their loss. They should stick to the Hampur.
    I just know that when a QB doesnt trust his protection or recievers you will see those results. That said, dont go talking bout my hampur!


  3. #263
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,406
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    I just know that when a QB doesnt trust his protection or recievers you will see those results. That said, dont go talking bout my hampur!

    Hey I love reading the Hampur. But it's not for football discussion. People who don't want NY Jets talk, whether positive or negative, should stay over there. They really don't want to be here anyway.

  4. #264
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    So you really think that Sanchez doesn't have serious flaws to his game? Is that your belief? For real?

    BTW, why does thinking Sanchez has some big issues make one a "hater"? Why do you prersist in setting up this false dichotomy? Can you acknowledge that one can recognize the problems with Sanchez or at least perceive that he has some big issues and yet still be a fan, not a hater, and still want him to have success? Why with you is it either Stokes' way or be a "hater"? You are being absurd dude.
    That's the difference between us.

    You see a limiting QB with serious flaws.

    I don't see him as having serious flaws.

    I seem him as a third year QB that is developing into a franchise QB.

    Nobody takes the same path--I've acknowledged that he has areas to improve upon--just like EVERY OTHER 3rd year QB in league history.

    I see a good young QB with some serious potential and upside.

    You dissect every throw in a vacuum and pick out only the hair, not ackowledging what crap was shoved at him last year. Or how even veterans make the same mistakes. Ever see some of the doozy throws Romo makes?

    You're about as objective as I am--you subjectivity happens to be negative and my subjectivity happens to be positive.

    And THAT'S the objective truth.

    I like to look on the bright side, glass half-full in matters that don't concern life or health or the health of my loved ones.

    You like to look on the dark side, glass half empty. That's okay, we're different type of fans.

    Happy happy joy joy, as it were.

    Date night, I'll read your "objective" critique tomorrow.

    _

  5. #265
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,406
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    That's the difference between us.

    You see a limiting QB with serious flaws.

    I don't see him as having serious flaws.

    I seem him as a third year QB that is developing into a franchise QB.

    Nobody takes the same path--I've acknowledged that he has areas to improve upon--just like EVERY OTHER 3rd year QB in league history.

    I see a good young QB with some serious potential and upside.

    You dissect every throw in a vacuum and pick out only the hair, not ackowledging what crap was shoved at him last year. Or how even veterans make the same mistakes. Ever see some of the doozy throws Romo makes?

    You're about as objective as I am--you subjectivity happens to be negative and my subjectivity happens to be positive.

    And THAT'S the objective truth.

    I like to look on the bright side, glass half-full in matters that don't concern life or health or the health of my loved ones.

    You like to look on the dark side, glass half empty. That's okay, we're different type of fans.

    Happy happy joy joy, as it were.

    Date night, I'll read your "objective" critique tomorrow.

    _
    LOL. You have no idea what you are talking about. "Glass half empty fan"? Nothing could be farther from reality. I get hammered for being too optimisitc. That's JI for you. If you don't take an absurdly extreme position, then you have to be wrong. You're a piece of work with the assumptions you make. They're like... uh... always wrong. Sorry. And BTW Romo blows in high pressure moments. 2 cent brain. He may have better overall stats than Mark, but I'd rather have Sanchez in a pressure moment. As in a playoff game. Enjoy the date. Is she hot? Now be objective in evaluating!

  6. #266
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,541
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    LOL. You have no idea what you are talking about. "Glass half empty fan"? Nothing could be farther from reality. I get hammered for being too optimisitc. That's JI for you. If you don't take an absurdly extreme position, then you have to be wrong. You're a piece of work with the assumptions you make. They're like... uh... always wrong. Sorry. And BTW Romo blows in high pressure moments. 2 cent brain. He may have better overall stats than Mark, but I'd rather have Sanchez in a pressure moment. As in a playoff game. Enjoy the date. Is she hot? Now be objective in evaluating!
    Alright, break it up...let's not get our skirts in a tizzy...we're all loser jet fans here...Kill 'em All

  7. #267
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    That's the difference between us.

    You see a limiting QB with serious flaws.

    I don't see him as having serious flaws.

    I seem him as a third year QB that is developing into a franchise QB.

    Nobody takes the same path--I've acknowledged that he has areas to improve upon--just like EVERY OTHER 3rd year QB in league history.

    I see a good young QB with some serious potential and upside.

    You dissect every throw in a vacuum and pick out only the hair, not ackowledging what crap was shoved at him last year. Or how even veterans make the same mistakes. Ever see some of the doozy throws Romo makes?

    You're about as objective as I am--you subjectivity happens to be negative and my subjectivity happens to be positive.

    And THAT'S the objective truth.

    I like to look on the bright side, glass half-full in matters that don't concern life or health or the health of my loved ones.

    You like to look on the dark side, glass half empty. That's okay, we're different type of fans.

    Happy happy joy joy, as it were.

    Date night, I'll read your "objective" critique tomorrow.

    _


    Going to file this one away for the next discussion about he who shall not be named.

  8. #268
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,913
    Post Thanks / Like
    This just seems more chicken on egg on Sanchez then it does who is better. No doubt Flacco is better question then goes to why. Simple answer Sanchez hasn't shown he can be even an average starter yet. Flacco is already average and is trying to prove he is above that. Flacco had a 93.6 QBR under Bolden(30), Mason(36), TJ(33), Heap(30), and Rice in his 3rd year. Ask yourself something here. Was that really a hands down better field then Holmes(26), BE(27), Cotchery(28), Keller(26), and LT(31). Personally I'd take the Holmes, BE, Cotch, and Keller over the aging Bolden, aged Mason, over the hill TJ, and Heap who hasn't been the same sense his injury. Rice is the kicker but LT was no slough in the passing game and we had a strong run game that year. We also had hands down a better OL. Sanchez putting up a 75.3 QBR was unexceptional even for a 2nd year with those weapons. Colt McCoy just put up a 74.6 his 2nd year with much much much less to work with and wasn't a top ten pick.

    Now mind you I am not overlooking year last year. Flacco's 80.9 is nothing great. He did however face Pitx2, the Jets, Clevelandx2, Rams, Jax, and Cincix2. That is 9 games vs teams that in the top 10 vs the pass. Where as we had 4 in the way of Jax, KC, Philly, and Balt. We also face 7 teams in the bottom ten where as they faced 0. Our schedule this year should be easier then last. Flacco may not be a top tier guy but I think is proven better then Mark. Maybe he has more then Sanchez now I really think it all lays in the hands of if Hill can be better the Smith. I feel if our WRs perform up to their talent level we are in much better shape then most think this year. We are relying on Hill just as much as Balt was relying on Smith last year and he simply came through. If Sanchez can't give us at least an 85 QBR this year we truly do have a lot to think about here.

  9. #269
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,475
    Post Thanks / Like
    Flacco sucks. He'll be out of the league in 3 years.

  10. #270
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,452
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    you are out of your mind. I am in no way a "sanchez hater" Want him to succeed. You have zero ability to be objective. None. It makes your opinions useless. And you do need to calm down. You're going to have a coronary in your angry, hostile defensive posts of our flawed QB. You continually blame it all on the OL. Sanchez was bad when the OL protected him last season. And you so obviously do give a crap about mine or anyone else's analysis of Sanchez because you respond in such a railing, abusive manner. If you didn't care, you wouldn't respond. Sanchez's field vision has not been on any upward trend. That's for sure. He locks on and sees the part of the field where his primary is supposed to be. Under pressure he does not step up in the pocket the way a seasoned QB does. He moves laterally. All the time. ANd often right into an oncoming pass rusher. He needs to fix that or he will wind up being a backup for the rest of his career. Basically, he is one of the worst starting QBs in the league right now and that shouldn't be the case 3 years in. Blame it on the OL, as you continually do. Blame it on the offensive play design, as I often do. Blame it on the bad WRs, as you and I both do. But when push comes to shove, the fault lies with Sanchez. After this season we will either be relieved that he has improved to point where he can be viable or we will be wondering which QB the Jets draft in round 1 next April. It's one or the other.
    Bless you!

    Bless you, sir!

  11. #271
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,877
    Post Thanks / Like
    Simple truth:

    Flacco is not better then Sanchez. They have both performed similar. In 2011 obviously Flacco had more success so he gets the benefit of the doubt. I honestly do not feel he is better then Sanchez. They both have had their moments.

  12. #272
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,689
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Flacco sucks. He'll be out of the league in 3 years.
    He's more likely to get a contract extension than for that to happen. Seriously, how can you be so critical of Flacco when there's a greater likelihood of Sanchez holding a clipboard in 3 years like his fellow 1st round Trojan Matt Leinart?

  13. #273
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,452
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    I've watched both play. Sanchez looks like a better player than Flacco. Flacco looks like he's got marbles rolling around behind his eyes and for all the talk about his great arm he misses wide open receivers down field more than he should.

    Sanchez has a strange anomaly with his completion percentage IMO because he gets a lot of passes batted down at the line. He has crappy receivers dropping passes, and then he has nothing to throw at because the defense knows what we're doing because our coordinator was a moron. And then he throws a bad pass every now and then. But watching him throw the deep ball I will say that I think he's extremely accurate in that regard and he's even better when he's throwing on the run. Sounds like I'm describing Big Ben there a little bit...

    Any way, we'll see. I do think he got a little too comfortable and that's on him. If you look at him now he's not messing around. Attribute that to being young and growing up.

    Are you kidding me?

    Sanchez's completion percentage is so low mainly because of batted balls and drops?

    How many times last year did we see him overthrow open receivers by 10+ yards or skip the ball in the dirt? How many more picks would he have had last year if some of the defenders could hang on to the ball? You know just as well as I do that Sanchez usually has 2 or 3 would-be picks every game it seems. The guy makes bad decisions with the ball and is one of the more inaccurate QB's out there.

    Can he improve? Sure he can, but all of this "blame everything and everyone except Sanchez" crap needs to end.

    Until recently, I was always a big defender of the kid. But those last three games were totally disheartening last season. He looked completely lost. Lobbing the ball directly into the chest of a 300 lb DL not once, but twice in the same game? That's terrible decision making, any way you want to slice it.

    This whole thread has turned into a pissing match. All I said was that Flacco is better than Sanchez at the moment. But no, it's almost sacrilege to believe that another young QB could be better than our young QB. There are even goofballs on this site who say that if you took Calvin Johnson away from Stafford then he would be no better than Sanchez.

  14. #274
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    25,849
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Are you kidding me?

    Sanchez's completion percentage is so low mainly because of batted balls and drops?

    How many times last year did we see him overthrow open receivers by 10+ yards or skip the ball in the dirt? How many more picks would he have had last year if some of the defenders could hang on to the ball? You know just as well as I do that Sanchez usually has 2 or 3 would-be picks every game it seems. The guy makes bad decisions with the ball and is one of the more inaccurate QB's out there.

    Can he improve? Sure he can, but all of this "blame everything and everyone except Sanchez" crap needs to end.

    Until recently, I was always a big defender of the kid. But those last three games were totally disheartening last season. He looked completely lost. Lobbing the ball directly into the chest of a 300 lb DL not once, but twice in the same game? That's terrible decision making, any way you want to slice it.

    This whole thread has turned into a pissing match. All I said was that Flacco is better than Sanchez at the moment. But no, it's almost sacrilege to believe that another young QB could be better than our young QB. There are even goofballs on this site who say that if you took Calvin Johnson away from Stafford then he would be no better than Sanchez.
    The last 3 games of the season, there were WAY bigger problems than just Sanchez. no excuses for him making those awful plays, but I don't think anyone on the team cared at that point.

    He needs to be consistent this year. That's all. I'm not expecting 4,000 and 40.

  15. #275
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,452
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    He needs to be consistent this year. That's all. I'm not expecting 4,000 and 40.
    I agree.

    I'd gladly take 3200 yards and 22-25 TD's from Sanchez as long as he cuts down on the turnovers and improves his completion percentage.

    He's never going to develop into a Brady, Rodgers, or Brees type of QB. But like I said, I'd be perfectly content if he turns into a Matt Schaub-esque player.

  16. #276
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    25,849
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I agree.

    I'd gladly take 3200 yards and 22-25 TD's from Sanchez as long as he cuts down on the turnovers and improves his completion percentage.

    He's never going to develop into a Brady, Rodgers, or Brees type of QB. But like I said, I'd be perfectly content if he turns into a Matt Schaub-esque player.
    I think he could become like Rich Gannon, given the right circumstances +(mental health).

  17. #277
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,648
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I agree.

    I'd gladly take 3200 yards and 22-25 TD's from Sanchez as long as he cuts down on the turnovers and improves his completion percentage.

    He's never going to develop into a Brady, Rodgers, or Brees type of QB. But like I said, I'd be perfectly content if he turns into a Matt Schaub-esque player.
    He can be Daffy Duck for all I care, just win the SB.

  18. #278
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,211
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I think he could become like Rich Gannon, given the right circumstances +(mental health).
    League MVP? To me for Sanchez to ever reach his true potential as a QB he needs to play in a Houston Texans type of offense. He fits that system perfect.

    IF he doesn't make it this year with the Jets, M Sanchez would be smart to look at possible going to the texans to compete for that starting job in 2013.

  19. #279
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,477
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Are you kidding me?

    Sanchez's completion percentage is so low mainly because of batted balls and drops?

    How many times last year did we see him overthrow open receivers by 10+ yards or skip the ball in the dirt? How many more picks would he have had last year if some of the defenders could hang on to the ball? You know just as well as I do that Sanchez usually has 2 or 3 would-be picks every game it seems. The guy makes bad decisions with the ball and is one of the more inaccurate QB's out there.

    Can he improve? Sure he can, but all of this "blame everything and everyone except Sanchez" crap needs to end.

    Until recently, I was always a big defender of the kid. But those last three games were totally disheartening last season. He looked completely lost. Lobbing the ball directly into the chest of a 300 lb DL not once, but twice in the same game? That's terrible decision making, any way you want to slice it.

    This whole thread has turned into a pissing match. All I said was that Flacco is better than Sanchez at the moment. But no, it's almost sacrilege to believe that another young QB could be better than our young QB. There are even goofballs on this site who say that if you took Calvin Johnson away from Stafford then he would be no better than Sanchez.

    Not saying that Sanchez does not have his faults, but to me Flacco did not show me much last season to think he is better than Sanchez right now...

    He actually had a slightly worse TD to TO ratio than Sanchez.....21 TDS....18 TO...Fumbled 1 more time than Sanchez so so much for ball security....Also his completion % was 1 point higher despite completeing 108 passes to his backs with Ray Rice (76) alone having nearly as much as all the Jets backs combined with 85......

    Ray Rice affords Flacco a huge advantage compared to what Sanchez had as a check down.....Put Shonn Greene in Flacco's backfield and he would have a much lower comp% which was quite low to begin with.....

    If you ask me Flacco regressed in his 4th season.....



    I just think some Jet fans are overly jaded by the fact that Sanchez was awful the last 3 games of the season.....I was disapointed as hell myself......

    However if you look at the 9 games after the Raven debacle before the Jets season ending collapse in those games Sanchez accounted for 19 TDS and 8 TO's.......Ratings of 105.6.....95.6....87.7....92.9....64.7....67.9.... 90.2....83.5....121.3......

    Some see a bust or a QB who will never be any better....I see a kid who is still learning and i think he has the potential to be an above QB in the league......
    Last edited by jetsmetsrangers; 07-07-2012 at 07:44 PM.

  20. #280
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    25,849
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    League MVP? To me for Sanchez to ever reach his true potential as a QB he needs to play in a Houston Texans type of offense. He fits that system perfect.

    IF he doesn't make it this year with the Jets, M Sanchez would be smart to look at possible going to the texans to compete for that starting job in 2013.
    I'm not saying league MVP, I'm saying the style of play that Gannon eventually played after having a bunch of seasons before then that weren't as good. Who said MVP?

    And believe it or not, Sparano's style of offense isn't that far from the Texans' style of offense. They just didn't have the personnel to run it the same way in Miami.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us