Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Honest Question is Flacco that much better than Sanchez??

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I agree.

I'd gladly take 3200 yards and 22-25 TD's from Sanchez as long as he cuts down on the turnovers and improves his completion percentage.

He's never going to develop into a Brady, Rodgers, or Brees type of QB. But like I said, I'd be perfectly content if he turns into a Matt Schaub-esque player.
    he could be better than that IMO, he needs to get serious.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I'm not saying league MVP, I'm saying the style of play that Gannon eventually played after having a bunch of seasons before then that weren't as good. Who said MVP?

And believe it or not, Sparano's style of offense isn't that far from the Texans' style of offense. They just didn't have the personnel to run it the same way in Miami.
    Right. You have to go back to Dallas to see Sporano's offense, run the way he wants. It's actually stems from the same offense the Pats run. It's very adaptive, and hard to defense, because it always looks the same but changes depending on how you attack it. That's why Rex has success against it a lot of the time, because he disguises the defense so well.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not saying league MVP, I'm saying the style of play that Gannon eventually played after having a bunch of seasons before then that weren't as good. Who said MVP?

And believe it or not, Sparano's style of offense isn't that far from the Texans' style of offense. They just didn't have the personnel to run it the same way in Miami.
    R gannon and mark Sanchez games are totally different. The things R gannon does well(throwing accurate in the pocket), Mark Sanchez dosen't. The things M sanchez does well ( Throwing deep and outside the pocket) R Gannon isn't any where as good as Sanchez doing that. .

I think your talking more of playing to Mark sanchez strengths .(Jets have to design a system that fits his talents) I think it has to be some sort of West coast offense(what he played at USC).

I don't think Sparano offense is anything like Texans. First blocking scheme is totally different. They run a stretch zone blocking scheme on the oline, where Sparano more man to man. \The Texans offense is a WCO offense and I don't think Sparano offense is that.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardukis View Post
    he could be better than that IMO, he needs to get serious.
    3800 yards

30 TD's

10-13 INT's

60% completion percentage

Ideally, that's what I would want to see out of Sanchez this season.

But he doesn't have to post those kinds of numbers for my or other Jets fans approval. I've said it for months now, Sanchez's overall numbers would've been pretty impressive last season if it wasn't for the 26 turnovers. If he can cut that number in half and improve his completion percentage, I'll be thrilled. Hopefully a new system tailored to his strengths will help him reach that goal.

But if he continues to turn the ball over at an alarming rate and repeatedly make careless decisions with the football, then his time in New York will come to an end. That's Football 101. The quickest way to the bench is to keep turning the ball over.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    R gannon and mark Sanchez games are totally different. The things R gannon does well(throwing accurate in the pocket), Mark Sanchez dosen't. The things M sanchez does well ( Throwing deep and outside the pocket) R Gannon isn't any where as good as Sanchez doing that. .

I think your talking more of playing to Mark sanchez strengths .(Jets have to design a system that fits his talents) I think it has to be some sort of West coast offense(what he played at USC).

I don't think Sparano offense is anything like Texans. First blocking scheme is totally different. They run a stretch zone blocking scheme on the oline, where Sparano more man to man. \The Texans offense is a WCO offense and I don't think Sparano offense is that.
    I'm not saying right now. Gannon struggled early with many things as well and then got it together. Come on, Raids, you know better than that.

The two systems are closer than you think. Blocking schemes can be adjusted depending on personnel, but the philosophy is similar.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    No way, Flaccos not "much better" than Sanchez. He's had a much better situation than Sanchez and all things considered hasn't really outperformed Sanchez. Flacco's been awful in the playoffs up until this past season.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    3800 yards

30 TD's

10-13 INT's

60% completion percentage

Ideally, that's what I would want to see out of Sanchez this season.

But he doesn't have to post those kinds of numbers for my or other Jets fans approval. I've said it for months now, Sanchez's overall numbers would've been pretty impressive last season if it wasn't for the 26 turnovers. If he can cut that number in half and improve his completion percentage, I'll be thrilled. Hopefully a new system tailored to his strengths will help him reach that goal.

But if he continues to turn the ball over at an alarming rate and repeatedly make careless decisions with the football, then his time in New York will come to an end. That's Football 101. The quickest way to the bench is to keep turning the ball over.
    I want the INTs to be under 14, and the TDs to be 21+. If he goes 2/1 every game, I'll take it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    No way, Flaccos not "much better" than Sanchez. He's had a much better situation than Sanchez and all things considered hasn't really outperformed Sanchez. Flacco's been awful in the playoffs up until this past season.
    Nobody understands this.

In 9 games, Flacco has 8 TD passes in the playoffs, and 8 INTs. He improved last year.

There's no reason to think Sanchez isn't going to improve. There's no reason to think he's not going to get better. Especially in the playoffs.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want the INTs to be under 14, and the TDs to be 21+. If he goes 2/1 every game, I'll take it.
    So would I

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is Flacco "elite"? No.

Is Flacco better than Sanchez at this point? Absolutely
    Sums it up perfectly, Flacco is a much better QB when compared to Sanchez.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You Sanchez haters are really showing yourselves in this thread. Living in the DC Metro area I can tell you that no Ravens fan that I know (and I live in their territory) gives Flacco the kind of praise that you Jets fans are giving him. Listening to the hype from the media is worthless, I can tell you first hand that the Ravens fans don't think for one second that Flacco is "heads and shoulders" above Sanchez.

As a matter of fact they tend to praise Sanchez's poise and playoffs success and quickly mention how Flacco chokes in big games.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hatnlvr View Post
    You Sanchez haters are really showing yourselves in this thread. Living in the DC Metro area I can tell you that no Ravens fan that I know (and I live in their territory) gives Flacco the kind of praise that you Jets fans are giving him. Listening to the hype from the media is worthless, I can tell you first hand that the Ravens fans don't think for one second that Flacco is "heads and shoulders" above Sanchez.

As a matter of fact they tend to praise Sanchez's poise and playoffs success and quickly mention how Flacco chokes in big games.
    I'm down here too, and hear the same thing. Guess you just have to witness it to believe it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm down here too, and hear the same thing. Guess you just have to witness it to believe it.
    Honestly I don't think the opinions voiced in the thread represent reality in any way shape or form. The haters hate and the supporters support, but just reading the thread you can see the opinion are biased and completely unrealistic.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Come on you strongly dislike Sanchez at best. But why is he better than Sanchez? Why?
    1) Flacco has the ability to read a defense, Sanchez is clueless.

2) Flacco can easily go through progression reads and hit his 3rd or 4th receiver, Sanchez locks onto his primary receiver and if he is covered, he is screwed.

3) Flacco has very good pocket presence, and the ability to step-up, Sanchez has happy feet.

4) Flacco has a very good vertical passing game, Sanchez can only hit quick slants and dump-offs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Sums it up perfectly, Flacco is a much better QB when compared to Sanchez.
    Things a troll would say. Sorry What are things a troll would say.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    1) Flacco has the ability to read a defense, Sanchez is clueless.

2) Flacco can easily go through progression reads and hit his 3rd or 4th receiver, Sanchez locks onto his primary receiver and if he is covered, he is screwed.

3) Flacco has very good pocket presence, and the ability to step-up, Sanchez has happy feet.

4) Flacco has a very good vertical passing game, Sanchez can only hit quick slants and dump-offs.
    If Flacco can do all of those things, then why does he suck?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    If Flacco can do all of those things, then why does he suck?
    He doesn't suck.

You are a Jets fan who does not have a clue what a good QB is all about.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hatnlvr View Post

The grass is always greener I suppose.

I give Flacco a slight edge. Last season I think he did enough to warrant that. He finally won the division and defeated his Pittsburgh demons. Doesn't mean Mark can't surpass him this year.

I think it is also important to mention that the Ravens have their own version of Schotty in Cam Cameron. That guy gets abused just as much as Schotty did.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't for one second, believe that Tex is this ignorant. He knows that Flacco's numbers are worse than Sanchez, and that he had more experience, is older, and has a better offense, but yet a poorer record, and stats in big games, but he wants to get under your skin. Arguing with him is pointless, so be warned.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Don't for one second, believe that Tex is this ignorant. He knows that Flacco's numbers are worse than Sanchez, and that he had more experience, is older, and has a better offense, but yet a poorer record, and stats in big games, but he wants to get under your skin. Arguing with him is pointless, so be warned.