Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Honest Question is Flacco that much better than Sanchez??

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hatnlvr View Post
    You Sanchez haters are really showing yourselves in this thread. Living in the DC Metro area I can tell you that no Ravens fan that I know (and I live in their territory) gives Flacco the kind of praise that you Jets fans are giving him. Listening to the hype from the media is worthless, I can tell you first hand that the Ravens fans don't think for one second that Flacco is "heads and shoulders" above Sanchez.

As a matter of fact they tend to praise Sanchez's poise and playoffs success and quickly mention how Flacco chokes in big games.

If Flacco was the Jets QB and had the horrible playoff performances he did his first 3 years, he would be hated by the same folks who think he is a "much" better QB than Sanchez.....

Lets be real.....A 10.0 and 18.2 rating in playoff games coupled with 2 more under 60.....The carnage here would be unreal....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I'm not saying right now. Gannon struggled early with many things as well and then got it together. Come on, Raids, you know better than that.

The two systems are closer than you think. Blocking schemes can be adjusted depending on personnel, but the philosophy is similar.
    JMO I tend to believe R gannon was never given a shot to be a starter early on. The Chiefs didn't even make him a priority signing after he had a very good year starting for them.( thought they could do better) J Gruden sign him and said your my guy.(First team that made a commitment to him)

John_o515 I'm going to respectfully disagree with you on both the offense being similar.(Sparano and Texans) Yes both want to run the football. (That is the only thing that they have in common) .

Other than that, both systems are like night and day how different they are from each other. The Texan blocking scheme is pure stretch zone blocking scheme.(no wiggle room there) IT a wco offense and that isn't Sparano offense . The Dolphins are playing in a WCO in 2012.(something different for them)
    Last edited by Raider9175; 07-08-2012 at 07:41 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    JMO I tend to believe R gannon was never given a shot to be a starter early on. The Chiefs didn't even make him a priority signing after he had a very good year starting for them.( thought they could do better) J Gruden sign him and said your my guy.(First team that made a commitment to him)

John_o515 I'm going to respectfully disagree with you on both the offense being similar.(Sparano and Texans) Yes both want to run the football. (That is the only thing that they have in common) .

Other than that, both systems are like night and day how different they are from each other. The Texan blocking scheme is pure stretch zone blocking scheme.(no wiggle room there) IT a wco offense and that isn't Sparano offense . The Dolphins are playing in a WCO in 2012.(something different for them)
    We're good, bro.

High five!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsmetsrangers View Post
    If Flacco was the Jets QB and had the horrible playoff performances he did his first 3 years, he would be hated by the same folks who think he is a "much" better QB than Sanchez.....

Lets be real.....A 10.0 and 18.2 rating in playoff games coupled with 2 more under 60.....The carnage here would be unreal....
    And those stats never make it past the Ravens fans!

The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I honestly prefer Sanchez over Flacco.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I honestly prefer Sanchez over Flacco.
    +1

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    You're kidding yourself, and you bring up the AFC Championship...Flacco took them down the field in the final minutes and threw a perfect pass that should have sent them to the Super Bowl, but it was dropped, then the stupid coach doesn't use their final timeout and they rush the kick and miss it...can't criticize him for that game
    Yes, you cant blame Flacco for that drop by Lee Evans. But he also made THREE horrendous decisions in the 4th quarter.

1. Throwing a pick to Spikes in triple coverage
    2. Not seeing his FB wide open for a walk in TD on their 2nd to last drive and settling for a fg the play after
    3. On their last drive, not simply just falling forward on 3rd down for the 1 yard they needed for a first down forcing the fg attempt.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetglass View Post
    Yes, you cant blame Flacco for that drop by Lee Evans. But he also made THREE horrendous decisions in the 4th quarter.

1. Throwing a pick to Spikes in triple coverage
    2. Not seeing his FB wide open for a walk in TD on their 2nd to last drive and settling for a fg the play after
    3. On their last drive, not simply just falling forward on 3rd down for the 1 yard they needed for a first down forcing the fg attempt.
    No way.

Those sound like rookie mistakes.

Everyone knows only Sanchez makes those.

_

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    No way.

Those sound like rookie mistakes.

Everyone knows only Sanchez makes those.

_
    Mcnabb made these mistakes his entire career, there is still hope for Sanchez.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    YES!