Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 310

Thread: Honest Question is Flacco that much better than Sanchez??

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    So explain Tebow?
    Forget the 4th qtr comebacks, read JetsMetsRangers post and respond to that, Flacco is an ordinary QB just like Sanchez

  2. #62
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Forget the 4th qtr comebacks, read JetsMetsRangers post and respond to that, Flacco is an ordinary QB just like Sanchez
    Slightly above ordinary. Neither QB is anything special at this point.

    I'd put Flacco in the 12-18 range and Sanchez in the 20-25 range.

  3. #63
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,280
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    But that was all Schotty's fault. Thank god we have Sparano now.





    BTW, nice avatar.
    It was Schotty's fault, his scripted plays were ****. Had a full week to come up with something and he failed, every game, every year. It was the same before Sanchez was even here.
    Last edited by Buzzsaw; 07-04-2012 at 04:56 PM.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    It was Schotty's fault, his scripted plays were ****. Had a full week to come up with something and he failed, every game, every year. It was the same before Sanchez was even here.
    I agree you and we're going to find out for sure this season with a different coordinator and scheme. It's make or break for Sanchez this year.

  5. #65
    Mark Sanchez's best years for passer rating or QBR are both less than Flacco's worst year.

    So yes, Joe Flacco is that much better than Mark Sanchez.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    Mark Sanchez's best years for passer rating or QBR are both less than Flacco's worst year.

    So yes, Joe Flacco is that much better than Mark Sanchez.
    You're forgetting the playoffs where Sanchez has outplayed Flacco, overall Flacco has a slight edge

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    You're forgetting the playoffs where Sanchez has outplayed Flacco, overall Flacco has a slight edge


    If only Sanchez could put up some "great" playoff performances like Flacco his first couple of years.....

    Ratings of 10.0 (yes 10.0)....18.2....48.4 and 59.1......

  8. #68
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,829
    Unfortunately the season does not start in the playoffs. You need to play well during the season and earn a playoff berth. Or if the team is good enough, you can be along for the ride.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Unfortunately the season does not start in the playoffs. You need to play well during the season and earn a playoff berth. Or if the team is good enough, you can be along for the ride.


    Do you think in your 4th year having 21 TDS and 18 TO's and fumbling 11 times is playing well?......

    Sanchez has been villified by many for basically the same results in his third year.....32 TDS....26 TO's and 10 fumbles....

    Seems to me Flacco like Sanchez was along for the ride......At least Sanchez stepped up his game once he got into the post season......Flacco until last season was horrible.....

  10. #70
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,161
    Sanchez>>>>>>>Flacco

    By miles

  11. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    898
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

    Is Flacco better than Sanchez at this point? Absolutely
    Until it's postseason play; then he completely sh*ts the bed more times than not. Unlike Sanchez, Flacco can't perform during pressure situations.

  12. #72
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,018
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    But that was all Schotty's fault. Thank god we have Sparano now.





    BTW, nice avatar.
    Enough blame to go around, but it was a young group all they way around for the most part and although the key elements from coaching to QB are learning as they go the supporting cast is getting younger once they get the right balance the team and Sanchez, I believe will be fine. Offense is supposed to move forward and score points not come from behind, BTW, I am not discounting them but what caliber of team were they against? I am pro Sanchez, this year is really going to tell the tale I think both he and his Offense must make almost a complete 360 and that is no easy task.

  13. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    898
    During 3 playoff games during Flacco's rookie season (2008), he went 33/75 437 yards, a completion percentage of only 44.0%, 1 TD/3 INT's; QB rating of only 50.8.

    During 2 playoff games during Flacco's 2nd season (2009), he went 24/45, 223 yards, a completion percentage of only 53.3% 0 TD's/3 INT's; QB rating of only 39.4.

    A bunch of hypocritical hypocrites around here. The same Jet fans talking up Flacco as being the "better quarterback" would have been the same Jet fans running Flacco out of town after those 5 postseason game performances (if you can even call them 'performances'). Flacco would have been destroyed by this fan base. Would have never made it into his 3rd NFL season.

    Sanchez on the other hand? He's combined for 95/157, 1,155 yards, a completion percentage of 60.5%, 9 TD's/3 INT's, along with a QB rating of 94.3 during 6 career playoff games. Has eliminated QB's and Teams such as Palmer and the Bengals, Rivers and the Chargers, Manning and the Colts and Brady and the Patriots; all on the road.

    After their first two postseason appearances:

    Sanchez: 95/157, 1,155 yards, a completion percentage of 60.5%, 9 TD's/3 INT's, QB rating of 94.3.

    J.Flacco: 57/120, 660 yards, a completion percentage of 48.6%, 1 TD/6 INT's; QB rating of 45.1.

    I couldn't care less what any of these Sanchez critics have to say, the same one's talking up Joe Flacco would have been the same exact one's running Flacco out of town after his 2nd NFL season. Sanchez on the other hand, has only been here for 3 years with two lights out playoff performances during his first two seasons; and fans still harp over the kid.
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 07-04-2012 at 06:14 PM.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    This is my 4th of July question.

    I was watching the NFL's count down of the games top 100 players and Flacco's name came up.

    And all of these players came on saying how great Flacco is and how much of an "elite" QB he is. Am I missing something here.... The Ravens Flacco ELITE?

    I really don't see how Flacco is better than Sanchez at all?

    Indeed the constant negative comments that Sanchez received concerning the belief "that he was given a ready made team" etc apply IMO double in Flacco's case.

    The Raven's Defense was all world consistently before and after he got there and his WR while not spectacular had far more stability and consistency than that of the Jets.

    Flacco also had a fantastic RB which Sanchez didn't have...

    And finally Flacco has yet to play as consistently well as Sanchez has in the post season.

    So I don't get it is Flacco really better than Sanchez....

    IMO the answer is No but I could be worng.

    Happy & Safe Holiday
    He's better than Sanchez, no question. But that isn't really saying anything.

    I'd honestly put him about maybe two spots ahead of Sanchez. Not a large margin of difference by any stretch.

  15. #75
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,161
    Of course...

    Common knowledge amongst all the fans in Maine..Vt...NH...Mass..Ri
    .and much of Ct...

    Sanchez is awful..
    Thankfully you have ypur Tammi Brady running your hometown boys

    Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

  16. #76
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,129
    What seperates Sanchez from the Matt Moore's and Jason Campbell's of the league besides his playoff record?

    Seriously.

    I guarantee that if Sanchez played for any team other than the Jets you guys wouldn't hold him in such high regard.

  17. #77
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,161
    Probably true

    Unlike you...some of us here at JI root for tbe Jets and enjoy doing so

    Sue us

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    During 3 playoff games during Flacco's rookie season (2008), he went 33/75 437 yards, a completion percentage of only 44.0%, 1 TD/3 INT's; QB rating of only 50.8.

    During 2 playoff games during Flacco's 2nd season (2009), he went 24/45, 223 yards, a completion percentage of only 53.3% 0 TD's/3 INT's; QB rating of only 39.4.

    A bunch of hypocritical hypocrites around here. The same Jet fans talking up Flacco as being the "better quarterback" would have been the same Jet fans running Flacco out of town after those 5 postseason game performances (if you can even call them 'performances'). Flacco would have been destroyed by this fan base. Would have never made it into his 3rd NFL season.

    Sanchez on the other hand? He's combined for 95/157, 1,155 yards, a completion percentage of 60.5%, 9 TD's/3 INT's, along with a QB rating of 94.3 during 6 career playoff games. Has eliminated QB's and Teams such as Palmer and the Bengals, Rivers and the Chargers, Manning and the Colts and Brady and the Patriots; all on the road.

    After their first two postseason appearances:

    Sanchez: 95/157, 1,155 yards, a completion percentage of 60.5%, 9 TD's/3 INT's, QB rating of 94.3.

    J.Flacco: 57/120, 660 yards, a completion percentage of 48.6%, 1 TD/6 INT's; QB rating of 45.1.

    I couldn't care less what any of these Sanchez critics have to say, the same one's talking up Joe Flacco would have been the same exact one's running Flacco out of town after his 2nd NFL season. Sanchez on the other hand, has only been here for 3 years with two lights out playoff performances during his first two seasons; and fans still harp over the kid.


    Even last year in the regular season i do not see where Flacco has a big edge if any....

    Flacco 4th season.....57.6%....20 TDS...12 INT...225 YPG...6.7 YPA...1 Rush TD....11 fumbles...6 lost....80.9 rating....Total TDS 21...TO's 18...1.17 to 1 TD...to TO ratio

    Sanchez 3rd season...56.7%....26 TDS....18 INT...217 YPG....6.4 YPA...6 Rush TDS...10 fumbles....8 lost...78.2 Rating....total TDS 32.... 26 TO's...1.22...to 1 TD to TO ratio.....

  19. #79
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,018
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    What seperates Sanchez from the Matt Moore's and Jason Campbell's of the league besides his playoff record?

    Seriously.

    I guarantee that if Sanchez played for any team other than the Jets you guys wouldn't hold him in such high regard.
    Hey, Ryan, and Flacco, could still pan out so why the phuck not Sanchez.

  20. #80
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,129
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Probably true

    Unlike you...some of us here at JI root for tbe Jets and enjoy doing so

    Sue us
    Yeah, I think we all root for the Jets cupcake.

    It's the ones like you, Ray Ray, and DWC who don't have a rational, objective bone in your bodies and take homerism to a whole new level.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us