Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Honest Question is Flacco that much better than Sanchez??

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    I never said that.
    I know that you said Matt's line sucks as if by inference Sanchez' line was adequate when it clearly wasn't so I was just having fun with you....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    He's the anti-Sanchez.

With Roddy White, Julio Jones, Michael Turner, and Anthony Gonzales.

But it's the same.
    Ridiculous!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Come on you strongly dislike Sanchez at best. But why is he better than Sanchez? Why?

I believe if the Jets had the Raven's defense in those AFC games the Jets would have gone to the SB both times so how come Flacco is as you put it "Absoultely" better than Sanchez!!!
    Flacco would have won 2 superbowls with us

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Come on you strongly dislike Sanchez at best. But why is he better than Sanchez? Why?

I believe if the Jets had the Raven's defense in those AFC games the Jets would have gone to the SB both times so how come Flacco is as you put it "Absoultely" better than Sanchez!!!
    Flacco is not great. But he IS better than Sanchez, unfortunately. You ask why? Do you watch the games? He is more accurate. He has better field vision. He finds secondary targets and checks down more consistently. He locks on to primary target WAY less than Sanchez. He doesn't crumple under pass rush pressure as much as Sanchez. His height and size are more suitable for an NFL QB. All that and he is nowhere near top 10. But he several notches ahead of Sanchez at this point.
    Last edited by Dcat; 07-05-2012 at 12:09 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by auctionking View Post
    Yeah, he really would have helped our D stop INDY in the second half of our first AFC Champ game and stop PIT from running over us in the 2nd.

This is what I love about the anti-Sanchez crowd...they yell about him having a top rated D and running game and talk about how other QB's would have led us to the promised land but their logic is completely flawed.

Would Flacco on the Jets resulted in more regular season wins? Probably
    But the bottom line is that our top rated D failed to show up in both conference championship games.

In fact, after going down 24-0 to PIT I believe it was Mark Sanchez who brought us back to within 1 TD with I think 5 mins left in the game.

What happened after that? Oh yeah our D couldn't get the offense the ball back. Having Flacco, Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees, Aikman, Montana or Young wouldn't change this.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's clear from his spectacular performances in the playoffs.

One could easily say the Ravens would have won at least 1 Superbowl with Sanchez at the helm from the way he plays in the playoffs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Genius View Post
    Mark Sanchez is head and shoulders a far superior QB to Flacco... Flacco is damn good. Led his team to the AFC Championship as a Rookie- that's no gimmi.

Last years playoffs vs the Pats, Flacco's colors came true- He's no the fastest reader of picking up a blitz nor does he have a gunslinging arm we all thought he had-- don't get me wrong, his arm is one of the best in the league and he can probably throw the long ball farther than Sanchez HOWEVER he does not have the quick decision then SNAP when the WR is open--- when he does it, the throw is OFF.

Sanchez on the other hand has one of the best SNAPs I've ever seen. He can look one way turn the other, thread the needle like no other and it's all with a flick of the wrist- not to mention he can do it on the run, something Flacco can't.. Sanchez biggest problem is that he'll make just as many poor decisions as good ones, & when those poor decisions happen in the 4th quarter he gets eaten alive by everyone in the world.

Neither QB is elite, nor is either QB a top 10- but Sanchez definitely has the edge by a mile.. not saying Flacco can't cut it- his mental toughness is greater than Sanchez, that's big.
    This is insane. Delusional. Psychedelic drug induced. Your choice. But it is flat out wrong.
    Last edited by Dcat; 07-04-2012 at 11:56 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    But not three, right? Because Sanchez alone was not the reason for the 8-8 season last year.

It's ok, everyone knows the truth.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    This is insane. Delusional. Psychedilic drug induced. Your choice. But it is flat out wrong.
    Dcat, I like you, but it's not fair to say anything is flat out wrong.

Sanchez has performed better than Flacco in the playoffs. That's a fact too, you can't overlook that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dcat, I like you, but it's not fair to say anything is flat out wrong.

Sanchez has performed better than Flacco in the playoffs. That's a fact too, you can't overlook that.
    You know... I don't like absolutes myself. I'm just getting impatient. I also think Flacco is more accurate, stronger and has better field vision than Sanchez. I am optimidtic that Sanchez will fare better in the new system. Schotty's system was pretty damned bad. Offense never gelled.

This is Sanchez's make or break season. Excuses can not be tolerated any more.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    You know... I don't like absolutes myself. I'm just getting impatient. I also think Flacco is more accurate, stronger and has better field vision than Sanchez. I am optimidtic that Sanchez will fare better in the new system. Schotty's system was pretty damned bad. Offense never gelled.

This is Sanchez's make or break season. Excuses can not be tolerated any more.
    I agree.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree.
    +1, but I'd say the same for Flacco. Idk why this guy gets a pass. He's been no better than Sanchez. He may be more consistant, but Sanchez has flashed a lot more than Flacco, and Flacco didn't have Shotty. Which is better? We'll find out this year.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any Sanchez critics in favor of Joe Flacco care to tackle these three post's below?

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515
    Yep. Performance in the playoffs too:

Flacco: 9 games played (5-4) 134/247 54.3% 8TD/8INT 1,532 yards; 70.4 rating.

Sanchez: 6 games played (4-2) 95/157 60.5% 9TD/3INT 1,155 yards; 94.3 rating.

But Flacco's clearly better.

Clearly
    Is there any question in regards to which kid shi*ts the bed when compared to which kid lives for the pressure moments of postseason football? If the goal is to win a super bowl, you have to perform during the playoffs, right? Now, which quarterback would you take come postseason play. Flacco or Sanchez?

Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85
    During 3 playoff games during Flacco's rookie season (2008), he went 33/75 437 yards, a completion percentage of only 44.0%, 1 TD/3 INT's; QB rating of only 50.8.

During 2 playoff games during Flacco's 2nd season (2009), he went 24/45, 223 yards, a completion percentage of only 53.3% 0 TD's/3 INT's; QB rating of only 39.4.

A bunch of hypocritical hypocrites around here. The same Jet fans talking up Flacco as being the "better quarterback" would have been the same Jet fans running Flacco out of town after those 5 postseason game performances (if you can even call them 'performances'). Flacco would have been destroyed by this fan base. Would have never made it into his 3rd NFL season. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Sanchez on the other hand? He's combined for 95/157, 1,155 yards, a completion percentage of 60.5%, 9 TD's/3 INT's, along with a QB rating of 94.3 during 6 career playoff games. Has eliminated QB's and Teams such as Palmer and the Bengals, Rivers and the Chargers, Manning and the Colts and Brady and the Patriots; all on the road.

After their first two postseason appearances:

Sanchez (4-2): 95/157, 1,155 yards, a completion percentage of 60.5%, 9 TD's/3 INT's, QB rating of 94.3.

J.Flacco (3-2): 57/120, 660 yards, a completion percentage of 48.6%, 1 TD/6 INT's; QB rating of 45.1.

I couldn't care less what any of these Sanchez critics have to say, the same one's talking up Joe Flacco would have been the same exact one's running Flacco out of town after his 2nd NFL season. Sanchez on the other hand, has only been here for 3 years with two lights out playoff performances during his first two seasons; and fans still harp over the kid.
    Correct me where I'm wrong. This fan base (especially) would have never forgiven let alone forgot what type of abysmal playoff performances Joe Flacco put up during his first two postseason appearances if Flacco were a Jet during the 2008 and 2009 NFL seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsmetsrangers
    Even last year in the regular season i do not see where Flacco has a big edge if any....

Flacco 4th season.....57.6%....20 TDS...12 INT...225 YPG...6.7 YPA...1 Rush TD....11 fumbles...6 lost....80.9 rating....Total TDS 21...TO's 18...1.17 to 1 TD...to TO ratio

Sanchez 3rd season...56.7%....26 TDS....18 INT...217 YPG....6.4 YPA...6 Rush TDS...10 fumbles....8 lost...78.2 Rating....total TDS 32.... 26 TO's...1.22...to 1 TD to TO ratio.....
    If Sanchez puts up these types of Joe Flacco numbers during Mark's 4th season this up coming season, you all would run Sanchez out of town faster than a New York minute; especially with those types of numbers out of a 4th year starter. Correct me if I'm wrong, or, would you sign up for those types of numbers from Sanchez this season?

Unlike Mark Sanchez, Joe Flacco hasn't improved each and every year he's been in the league in regards to yardage, completion percentage, TD's and QB Rating.

Mark Sanchez has.
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 07-05-2012 at 02:11 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFreak89 View Post
    What happened after that? Oh yeah our D couldn't get the offense the ball back. Having Flacco, Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees, Aikman, Montana or Young wouldn't change this.
    Sure it would've.

I seriously doubt we would've been in a 24-0 hole in the first place with one of those guys behind center.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    Any Sanchez critics in favor of Joe Flacco care to tackle these three post's below?

Is there any question in regards to which kid shi*ts the bed when compared to which kid lives for the pressure moments of postseason football? If the goal is to win a super bowl, you have to perform during the playoffs, right? Now, which quarterback would you take come postseason play. Flacco or Sanchez?

Correct me where I'm wrong. This fan base (especially) would have never forgiven let alone forgot what type of abysmal playoff performances Joe Flacco put up during his first two postseason appearances if Flacco were a Jet during the 2008 and 2009 NFL seasons.

If Sanchez puts up these types of Joe Flacco numbers during Mark's 4th season this up coming season, you all would run Sanchez out of town faster than a New York minute; especially with those types of numbers out of a 4th year starter. Correct me if I'm wrong, or, would you sign up for those types of numbers from Sanchez this season?

Unlike Mark Sanchez, Joe Flacco hasn't improved each and every year he's been in the league in regards to yardage, completion percentage, TD's and QB Rating.

Mark Sanchez has.
    Have you ever once constructed an argument without throwing a bunch of numbers and statistics against the wall?

Have you ever once used your own two eyes to form an opinion?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's clear from his spectacular performances in the playoffs.

One could easily say the Ravens would have won at least 1 Superbowl with Sanchez at the helm from the way he plays in the playoffs.
    Sanchez played lights out in two playoff games (Indy in '10, New England in '11).

He basically did dick in the other 4 contests.

2010 at Cincy: 182 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT's

2010 at SD: 100 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT

2011 at Indy: 189 yards, 0 TD's, 1 INT

If that's not the definition of "being along for the ride", then I don't know what is.

We were forced to throw the ball in the 2nd half against Pitt and they went into a shell defensively. James Harrison was even critical of the playcalling for doing so and letting us back in the game. Even though Sanchez threw for 230 yards and 2 TD's, it was too little too late and he still put the ball on the ground twice, one of which was returned for a TD.

The only playoff win that Sanchez played a big part in was the Pats game two years ago. I don't understand this myth about him being so "hot" during the postseason.

And yes, I know I just went all DWC on everyone.
    Last edited by Untouchable; 07-05-2012 at 03:50 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Have you ever once constructed an argument without throwing a bunch of numbers and statistics against the wall?

Have you ever once used your own two eyes to form an opinion?
    All the time. Statistics back up claims, they just don't fit your agenda.

In regards to what I've seen with my own two eyes? I've seen Mark Sanchez perform come postseason play, on the road, while eliminating teams such as Palmer and the Bengals, Rivers and the Chargers, Manning and the Colts and Brady and the Patriots. I also seen Joe Flacco completely schit the bet against teams such as the Dolphins, Steelers, Patriots, Colts and Steelers.

I seen, with my own two eyes, Sanchez put together a very efficient quarterbacking performance against a very good Bengals defense come postseason play.

I also witnessed Sanchez compete against Peyton Manning during our AFC Championship game during Mark's rookie season. Manning and the Colts got the best of us during the 2nd half, especially after Greene went down, but Sanchez performed as a raw rookie.

I seen Sanchez lead a 2nd half (4th quarter comeback) against the Chargers in SD. Maybe you forget what type of clutch performance Sanchez put up during the 2nd half, or better yet, the clutch TD strike to Dustin Keller.

I seen Sanchez struggle against the Colts during the first two quarters of 2010's playoff run, only to witness Sanchez and the Jets put up 17 second half points along with a game winning drive which resulted in a FG victory. With under two minutes to go, Sanchez connected with Edwards for a short 9 yard gain. The play was reversed, Sanchez followed that up with another 9 yard throw and catch to Edwards. With under 40 seconds left, Sanchez connects with Holmes for 11 yards. Then, Mark changes the play at the L.O.S after reading Indy's defense, and connects with Braylon Edwards on a perfect throw and catch for 18 yards (The back-shoulder pitch and catch). That was that, and Sanchez put us in position to eliminate Manning and the Colts, on the road, during the final drive with a game winning FG. I'm not sure about you, but that's what I seen that night. With my own two eyes too.

I also viewed (with my own two eyes) Sanchez going into Foxboro, performing as a road playoff warrior, performing lights out, out playing Tom Brady for 4 quarters strong, while completely destroying NE's defense while eliminating Belichick, Brady and the Patriots from the playoffs at the same time. During a time, where the Jet critics (even some Jet fans) said we had no chance of doing so (heading into that game). Sanchez walked out victorious. That's what I seen. With my own two eyes too.

I also seen Sanchez go into Pittsburgh, on the road against a great Steelers defense and out perform Ben Roethlisberger as clear as day. I don't even want to talk about this game, all I'll say is Sanchez did everything possible to advance us to the super bowl, especially during the 2nd half, and out performed a struggling Ben Roethlisberger. It was our offensive coordinator (during the first half) and run defense that blew our chances of advancing to the Super Bowl. Sanchez performed as a road playoff warrior on that night. Played a golden 2nd half.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n6rtLwahqQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR_Fh...feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4ay-G5x0FI

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    In regards to what I've seen with my own two eyes? I've seen Mark Sanchez perform come postseason play, on the road, while eliminating teams such as Palmer and the Bengals, Rivers and the Chargers, Manning and the Colts and Brady and the Patriots. I also seen Joe Flacco completely schit the bet against teams such as the Dolphins, Steelers, Patriots, Colts and Steelers.
    Oustide of the Pats game, he had little to do with any of those playoff victories.

I seen, with my own two eyes, Sanchez put together a very efficient quarterbacking performance against a very good Bengals defense come postseason play.
    182 yards and 1 TD

Are you telling me that the Jason Campbell's and Kyle Orton's of the league wouldn't be capable of the same thing?

I also witnessed Sanchez compete against Peyton Manning during our AFC Championship game during Mark's rookie season. Manning and the Colts got the best of us during the 2nd half, especially after Greene went down, but Sanchez performed as a raw rookie.
    Granted

Next to the Pats game, that was his best playoff performance.

I seen Sanchez lead a 2nd half (4th quarter comeback) against the Chargers in SD. Maybe you forget what type of clutch performance Sanchez put up during the 2nd half, or better yet, the clutch TD strike to Dustin Keller.
    100 yards with 1 TD and 1 pick

Our defense and Shonn Greene won that game.

Are you kidding me?

I seen Sanchez struggle against the Colts during the first two quarters of 2010's playoff run, only to witness Sanchez and the Jets put up 17 second half points along with a game winning drive which resulted in a FG victory. With under two minutes to go, Sanchez connected with Edwards for a short 9 yard gain. The play was reversed, Sanchez followed that up with another 9 yard throw and catch to Edwards. With under 40 seconds left, Sanchez connects with Holmes for 11 yards. Then, Mark changes the play at the L.O.S after reading Indy's defense, and connects with Braylon Edwards on a perfect throw and catch for 18 yards (The back-shoulder pitch and catch). That was that, and Sanchez put us in position to eliminate Manning and the Colts, on the road, during the final drive with a game winning FG. I'm not sure about you, but that's what I seen that night. With my own two eyes too.
    Sanchez yet again failed to reach the 200 yard mark, threw a pick, and never put the ball in the endzone. If Braylon doesn't make a great leaping catch on an overthrown ball, then we don't get into FG position and we lose that game.

I also viewed (with my own two eyes) Sanchez going into Foxboro, performing as a road playoff warrior, performing lights out, out playing Tom Brady for 4 quarters strong, while completely destroying NE's defense while eliminating Belichick, Brady and the Patriots from the playoffs at the same time. During a time, where the Jet critics (even some Jet fans) said we had no chance of doing so (heading into that game). Sanchez walked out victorious. That's what I seen. With my own two eyes too.
    Yeah, great performance. I've always acknowledged that.

I also seen Sanchez go into Pittsburgh, on the road against a great Steelers defense and out perform Ben Roethlisberger as clear as day. I don't even want to talk about this game, all I'll say is Sanchez did everything possible to advance us to the super bowl, especially during the 2nd half, and out performed a struggling Ben Roethlisberger. It was our offensive coordinator (during the first half) and run defense that blew our chances of advancing to the Super Bowl. Sanchez performed as a road playoff warrior on that night. Played a golden 2nd half.
    Sanchez lead the offense to zero points in the first half and coughed up a fumble that was returned for 6. He threw a couple of TD's in the 2nd half in a losing effort against a Pitt defense that was playing not to lose at that point.

So yeah, I fail to see how Mark Sanchez has been so amazing in the postseason.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez played lights out in two playoff games (Indy in '10, New England in '11).
    This just goes to show you have no understanding in regards to the difference of putting up big time numbers when compared to quarterback efficiency.

He basically did dick in the other 4 contests.
    Do you just look at stats and throw negative remarks against the wall, or do you actually watch the game, with, you know; your own two eyes?

2010 at Cincy: 182 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT's
    The Bengals couldn't stop our passing attack. You forgot to mention the parts where Sanchez went 12/15, 12.3 average yards per completion, 80% completion percentage to go along with a QB rating of 139.4. 24 offensive points put on the board. Yeah, Sanchez "basically did dick" on the road that night Lets not blame Sanchez for Shotty Jr only calling 15 pass plays. Sanchez made the most out of his 12/15 pass attempts. Great all around performance for a kid making his first NFL career postseason start.

Guess what Carson Palmer did? 18/36, 146 yards, 4.1 yards per completion, QB rating of only 58.3. Maybe, when you're talking about Quarterbacks doing dick, you misremembered Mark's performance and confused his efficiency that night with Carson Palmer's struggles?

2010 at SD: 100 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT
    Ok, so Sanchez struggled as a rookie that night, but he still managed to lead us from behind with clutch throws when it mattered most.

2011 at Indy: 189 yards, 0 TD's, 1 INT
    You forgot to mention the part where Sanchez led us on a last minute 4th quarter drive to eliminate Manning and the Colts by 1 point. He struggled the entire night, but came through clutch when it mattered the most; during the 4th quarter of a win or go home situation.

If that's not the definition of "being along for the ride", then I don't know what is.
    Being along for the ride? He has a 4-2 playoff record while throwing for 95/157, 1,155 yards, a completion percentage of 60.5, 9 TD's/3 INT's with a career playoff QB Rating of 94.3; which ranks right behind Rodgers, Starr, Brees, Warner and Joe Montana. Regardless of how much you try and discredit Sanchez, you can't deny this kid has stepped up his game come postseason play. It's not all about the "big numbers", it's about efficiency. And Sanchez has been a lot more efficient (come postseason play) when compared to most younger quarterbacks of today's NFL.

You wanna sit here and talk about going on "a free ride"? Just look at Brady's first two super bowl runs. Especially his first SB. You're the worst type of Jets fan. Attack Sanchez when he does bad, followed by discrediting his strong performances during games where he's been extremely efficient.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelo...2001/tom-brady

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelo...2003/tom-brady
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 07-05-2012 at 04:42 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    This just goes to show you have no understanding in regards to the difference of putting up big time numbers when compared to quarterback efficiency.

Do you just look at stats and throw negative remarks against the wall, or do you actually watch the game, with, you know; your own two eyes?

The Bengals couldn't stop our passing attack. You forgot to mention the parts where Sanchez went 12 /15, 12.3 average yards per completion, 80% completion percentage to go along with a QB rating of 139.4. 24 offensive points put on the board. Yeah, Sanchez "basically did dick" on the road that night

Guess what Carson Palmer did? 18/36, 146 yards, 4.1 yards per completion, QB rating of only 58.3. Maybe, when you're talking about Quarterbacks doing dick, you misremembered Mark's performance and confused his efficiency that night with Carson Palmer's struggles?

Ok, so Sanchez struggled as a rookie that night, but he still managed to lead us from behind with clutch throws when it mattered most.

You forgot to mention the part where Sanchez led us on a last minute 4th quarter drive to eliminate Manning and the Colts by 1 point. He struggled the entire night, but came through clutch when it mattered the most; during the 4th quarter of a win or go home situation.

Being along for the ride? He has a 4-2 playoff record while throwing for 95/157 yards, 1,155 yards, a completion percentage of 60.5, 9 TD's/3 INT's with a career layoff QB Rating of 94.3; which ranks right behind Rodgers, Starr, Brees, Warner and Joe Montana. Regardless of how much you try and discredit Sanchez, you can't deny this kid has stepped up his game come postseason play. It's not all about the "big numbers", it's about efficiency. And Sanchez has been a lot more efficient (come postseason play) when compared to most younger quarterbacks of today's NFL.

You wanna sit here and talk about going on "a free ride"? Just look at Brady's first two super bowl runs. Especially his first SB. You're the worst type of Jets fan. Attack Sanchez when he does bad, followed by discrediting his strong performances during games where he's been extremely efficient.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelo...2001/tom-brady

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelo...2003/tom-brady
    His playoff numbers would be more impressive if it was over a 3 or 4 game span.

What the hell is so impressive about 9 TD's over the course of 6 games? Especially when damn near half of them came strictly in the New England Divisional contest?

And trying to discredit one of the greatest QB's to ever play the game just to suit your goofy little argument is retarded.