Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 310

Thread: Honest Question is Flacco that much better than Sanchez??

  1. #21
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,173
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    For 1 yr,Sam Bradford put the Rams on his back.Maybe he's no good,but his fruit says different and shows his potential.Sanchez,Flacco and Freeman doesn't have that fruit.
    Except at the end of the game, where Sanchez has 11 come back victories in 3 years.

    Accidents, all of them.

  2. #22
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,293
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Except at the end of the game, where Sanchez has 11 come back victories in 3 years.

    Accidents, all of them.
    I had the conversation over and over when Vinny Testaverde was the QB of the Jets.I won't do it again.

  3. #23
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,490
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Come on you strongly dislike Sanchez at best. But why is he better than Sanchez? Why?

    I believe if the Jets had the Raven's defense in those AFC games the Jets would have gone to the SB both times so how come Flacco is as you put it "Absoultely" better than Sanchez!!!
    I don't dislike Sanchez, I just see him for what he is at this point. A mediocre, turnover prone QB. How the hell is that even debatable? Until he proves otherwise, that's exactly what he is.

    Why is Flacco better than Sanchez? Gee, I dunno. Better pocket presence, doesn't get shook easily, better decision maker, and has one of the strongest arms in the game. That might have something to do with it.

  4. #24
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,490
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Flacco was about the same as Sanchez after his third season
    In his 3rd season, Flacco threw 25 TD's vs only 10 INT's and completed almost 63% of his passes.

    How is that comparable to Mark's 3rd year?

  5. #25
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,547
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Mark's numbers would have been about the same without the injury to Mangold and better line play in general, not to mention he lost Braylon who was was replaced by slowass Plax,

  6. #26
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,490
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    I think Mark's numbers would have been about the same without the injury to Mangold and better line play in general, not to mention he lost Braylon who was was replaced by slowass Plax,
    You're making assumptions. We have to go by what actually happened on the field.

  7. #27
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,547
    Post Thanks / Like
    And he lost Cotch, also, thats alot for a third year qb to deal with

  8. #28
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,547
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    You're making assumptions. We have to go by what actually happened on the field.
    Didn't he throw 26 tds? Flacco is and was in a much more stable situation, thats my point, and I am going by what actually happened on the field, Sanchez took a beating last year behind a weak offensive line that could not open up holes for a running game, either, Flacco threw up his numbers behind a great running attack and better protection, do you get it?

  9. #29
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,490
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Didn't he throw 26 tds? Flacco is and was in a much more stable situation, thats my point, and I am going by what actually happened on the field, Sanchez took a beating last year behind a weak offensive line that could open up holes for a running game, either, Flacco threw up his numbers behind a great running attack and better protection, do you get it?
    Yeah, he threw for 26 TD's.

    He also turned the ball over 26 times. The most of any player in the AFC and the 2nd most of any player in the NFL. Do you get it?

  10. #30
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,693
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought that was all just explained?

  11. #31
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,547
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Yeah, he threw for 26 TD's.

    He also turned the ball over 26 times. The most of any player in the AFC and the 2nd most of any player in the NFL. Do you get it?
    I think your brain is untouchable, bro

  12. #32
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,547
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    I thought that was all just explained?
    Some of these guys are out there

  13. #33
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,490
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    I think your brain is untouchable, bro
    No, I just call it like I see it.

    Living in VA, I see a ton of Baltimore games. Flacco isn't in elite territory but he is definitely above Sanchez at this point.

    The only thing that Sanchez apologists have to hang their hats on is his playoff record, that's it.

    Fact: Sanchez is currently one of the most turnover prone QB's in the league

    Fact: Sanchez is currently one of the most inaccurate QB's in the league

    Fact: Sanchez is currently one of the most inconsistent QB's in the league


    Could this change? Sure it could, and every Jets fan out there hopes that it does. But as it stands right now, that's the way it is.

  14. #34
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    No, I just call it like I see it.

    Living in VA, I see a ton of Baltimore games. Flacco isn't in elite territory but he is definitely above Sanchez at this point.

    The only thing that Sanchez apologists have to hang their hats on is his playoff record, that's it.

    Fact: Sanchez is currently one of the most turnover prone QB's in the league

    Fact: Sanchez is currently one of the most inaccurate QB's in the league

    Fact: Sanchez is currently one of the most inconsistent QB's in the league


    Could this change? Sure it could, and every Jets fan out there hopes that it does. But as it stands right now, that's the way it is.
    Simple question. If you put Sanchez on the Ravens, do you think he'd do as well as Flacco ? I do.

  15. #35
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,547
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    No, I just call it like I see it.

    Living in VA, I see a ton of Baltimore games. Flacco isn't in elite territory but he is definitely above Sanchez at this point.

    The only thing that Sanchez apologists have to hang their hats on is his playoff record, that's it.

    Fact: Sanchez is currently one of the most turnover prone QB's in the league

    Fact: Sanchez is currently one of the most inaccurate QB's in the league

    Fact: Sanchez is currently one of the most inconsistent QB's in the league


    Could this change? Sure it could, and every Jets fan out there hopes that it does. But as it stands right now, that's the way it is.
    First off, I get it, you're not impressed by Sanchez, thats fine.

    Secondly, I never said Mark was better than Joe, I said Joe is better right now but Mark, at this stage in his career is about the same as Joe was, thats all. My opinion, you don't agree thats fine, I don't care if you do, I gave you my reasoning and you ignored it. Try this one: How many 4th quarter comebacks do each have after their first 3 seasons? I bet its about the same or Mark has more. Then get back to me...

  16. #36
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,490
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Simple question. If you put Sanchez on the Ravens, do you think he'd do as well as Flacco ? I do.
    Maybe, who really cares? That's all hypothetical.

    Sanchez plays for the Jets and Flacco plays for the Ravens.

    And AT THIS POINT, Flacco is the better QB.

    Notice how I said "at this point". This could change. Sanchez could work wonders in Sparano's system for all I know and leap ahead of Flacco.

  17. #37
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,547
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Simple question. If you put Sanchez on the Ravens, do you think he'd do as well as Flacco ? I do.
    Absolutely

  18. #38
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,281
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Simple question. If you put Sanchez on the Ravens, do you think he'd do as well as Flacco ? I do.
    This was one of my orginal points and the fact that people in the NFL are calling Flacco "elite". IMO if you think that the players in the NFL are close to being right about Flacco then no way can you say Sanchez sucks.....

  19. #39
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,547
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Maybe, who really cares? That's all hypothetical.

    Sanchez plays for the Jets and Flacco plays for the Ravens.

    And AT THIS POINT, Flacco is the better QB.

    Notice how I said "at this point". This could change. Sanchez could work wonders in Sparano's system for all I know and leap ahead of Flacco.
    Dude, we were talking about after their firs three seasons, Are you reading? I said Flacco IS better right now... Read my posts before you waste my time with a pointless debate

  20. #40
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,490
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Dude, we were talking about after their firs three seasons, Are you reading? I said Flacco IS better right now... Read my posts before you waste my time with a pointless debate
    I wasn't even quoting you.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us