Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Honest Question is Flacco that much better than Sanchez??

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I wasn't even quoting you.
    Whatever, bro, go untouch somebody else

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Whatever, bro, go untouch somebody else
    Haha okay, cupcake.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haha okay, cupcake.
    Did you look up 4th quarter comebacks first three seasons, cupcake?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haha okay, cupcake.
    Sanchez has 11, Flacco has 6, now...you have a point you'd like to make about that?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez has 11, Flacco has 6, now...you have a point you'd like to make about that?
    And Flacco's number is current(4 years)

Would you like to comment on this stat? Since stats are ao important to you

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who the hell cares?

Tim Tebow had six 4th quarter comebacks in just 12 games last year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who the hell cares?

Tim Tebow had six 4th quarter comebacks in just 12 games last year.
    Ok, bringing your team back in the 4th qtr means nothing.

Do yourself and the rest of us a favor, son....Try to Learn something about the game of football before you shoot off your mouth in the future

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, bringing your team back in the 4th qtr means nothing.

Do yourself and the rest of us a favor, son....Try to Learn something about the game of football before you shoot off your mouth in the future
    If 4th quarter comebacks are so extremely important to you, then why the hell aren't you lobbying for Tebow to get the starting job?

Your whole argument is all over the place.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What is the definition of a 4th quarter comeback?

If a team is down by 1 and down on the goal line for the first play of the 4th quarter and they score a TD and end up winning the game by 14, is that still a 4th quarter comeback?

IMO this stat can be a little misleading.

Our offense sucks in the first half and especially the first quarter. If we were able to start a game and have some consistency, we would not have to make so many comebacks.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

If a team is down by 1 and down on the goal line for the first play of the 4th quarter and they score a TD and end up winning the game by 14, is that still a 4th quarter comeback?

Our offense sucks in the first half and especially the first quarter. If we were able to start a game and have some consistency, we would not have to make so many comebacks.
    yes.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If 4th quarter comebacks are so extremely important to you, then why the hell aren't you lobbying for Tebow to get the starting job?

Your whole argument is all over the place.
    I'm not all over the place, I said I thought that Mark was about the same as Flacco was after 3 seasons, you chose to bring strictly numbers into it, but now you refuse to ackknowledge the number where Sanchez is better, You've argued with me as if I think Sanchez is better, even after I said I think Flacco is better, currently. So what is your point?

You are all over the place...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

First, I'm not Sure what ranks as a 4th qtr comeback, generally a good qb will have a high number of 4th quarter comebacks and an average qb won't. Its pretty consistent that way

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is a great article on 4th quarter comebacks by a guy who gets it

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/blog/?p=3401

This is some of what he says:

The ideal 4th quarter comeback analysis would be to:

1. Identify the games where a comeback (from a 1--8 pt deficit) was possible: this gives you all successes and failures. Just telling me a QB has 10 comebacks does not mean a whole heck of a lot. But if you tell me he has 10 comebacks in 13 comeback opportunities, I can probably say he’s doing a great job. If he has 10 comebacks in 30 opportunities, he might be someone only as good as Jon Kitna.

2. Identify the situation of the drive: time it started and ended, starting field position, number of timeouts, etc. Not all comebacks/drives are created equal. It’s a lot harder to come back from a 4-8 pt deficit with 30 seconds and no timeouts than it is to start the 4th quarter on the 1-yard line, down by a point.

3. Collect the drive statistics: attempts, completions, yards, length and number of plays, etc. Just your usual QB statistics. Obviously going 8/8 for 80 yards and a TD beats going 1/5 for 8 yards to set up a long FG.

4. Create advanced statistics to better understand performance: average deficit, average yards to go, average time left, points per drive, percentage of 3-and-outs, turnover likelihood, “blown saves”, etc. Along with having the number of successes and failures, this would be the most useful part of comeback
    analysis. This is how you can begin to answer who’s really the biggest choker in the league. Unfortunately you need solid play-by-play data here, so the number of seasons you can obtain this type of data is greatly limited.

The problem is that we’re still stuck in stage one after all these years. Due to a semantics argument/hiccup/tie-up, no one is able to agree on a consensus definition of what a 4th quarter comeback or game-winning drive in the 4th quarter/overtime is.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Flacco has had better regular seasons for the most part but is no better than Sanchez in my view.....

Has a great defense and running game, sound familiar.....

In his 4th season Flacco accounted for 21 TDS and 18 TO's, not exactly some game changer here.....A 1.2 TD to TO ratio, the same as Sanchez except for the fact Sanchez accounted for 11 more TDS with his 8 more TO's.....Flacco also actually fumbled more times than Sanchez 11-10 but his team recovered more of his...Seems like Flacco was a "game manager" last year........

As far as the post season, not even close...

Flacco....134-247...54.3%...8 TDS....8 INT...6.2 YPA...70.4 rating.....Big time arm comes up small under the bright lights...

Sanchez....95-157...60.5%...9TDS....3 INT...7.6 YPA....94.3 rating.....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Genius View Post
    Mark Sanchez is head and shoulders a far superior QB to Flacco... Flacco is damn good. Led his team to the AFC Championship as a Rookie- that's no gimmi.

Last years playoffs vs the Pats, Flacco's colors came true- He's no the fastest reader of picking up a blitz nor does he have a gunslinging arm we all thought he had-- don't get me wrong, his arm is one of the best in the league and he can probably throw the long ball farther than Sanchez HOWEVER he does not have the quick decision then SNAP when the WR is open--- when he does it, the throw is OFF.

Sanchez on the other hand has one of the best SNAPs I've ever seen. He can look one way turn the other, thread the needle like no other and it's all with a flick of the wrist- not to mention he can do it on the run, something Flacco can't.. Sanchez biggest problem is that he'll make just as many poor decisions as good ones, & when those poor decisions happen in the 4th quarter he gets eaten alive by everyone in the world.

Neither QB is elite, nor is either QB a top 10- but Sanchez definitely has the edge by a mile.. not saying Flacco can't cut it- his mental toughness is greater than Sanchez, that's big.
    Not sure if serious.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    yes.
    But that was all Schotty's fault. Thank god we have Sparano now.

BTW, nice avatar.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsmetsrangers View Post
    Flacco has had better regular seasons for the most part but is no better than Sanchez in my view.....

Has a great defense and running game, sound familiar.....

In his 4th season Flacco accounted for 21 TDS and 18 TO's, not exactly some game changer here.....A 1.2 TD to TO ratio, the same as Sanchez except for the fact Sanchez accounted for 11 more TDS with his 8 more TO's.....Flacco also actually fumbled more times than Sanchez 11-10 but his team recovered more of his...Seems like Flacco was a "game manager" last year........

As far as the post season, not even close...

Flacco....134-247...54.3%...8 TDS....8 INT...6.2 YPA...70.4 rating.....Big time arm comes up small under the bright lights...

Sanchez....95-157...60.5%...9TDS....3 INT...7.6 YPA....94.3 rating.....
    Thanks..some people just want to hate on Sanchez.... Where is untouchable, now?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    First, I'm not Sure what ranks as a 4th qtr comeback, generally a good qb will have a high number of 4th quarter comebacks and an average qb won't. Its pretty consistent that way
    So explain Tebow?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I never got the Flacco and elite comparison, but he's definitely better than Sanchez. Sanchez might have the edge "intangibelzzz" but Flacco is waaaay more consistent.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    So explain Tebow?