Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Revis24 F*ck You @johngeiger_ &@schwartzfeinsod for getting me traded. 7/4/12 6:32 PM

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Revis24 F*ck You @johngeiger_ &@schwartzfeinsod for getting me traded. 7/4/12 6:32 PM

Darrelle Revis’ Twitter Account Hacked

Posted by Erik Manassy on Jul 4, 2012

It was sudden and it was brief. Darrelle tweeted, or his account did, that he was traded and he said some choice words to his manager and agent. The tweet was deleted FAST but yes, we got our hands on it:

Revis24 F*ck You @johngeiger_ & @schwartzfeinsod for getting me traded. 7/4/12 6:32 PM

What normally is a slow Fourth of July internet day turned worrisome for some Jets fans paying attention. Revis changed his password and then he and his manager John got on twitter to clean up the mess:
    no worries, i was not traded and my account was hacked, i love @JohnGeiger_ and @schwartzfeinsod , thank you, have a safe and happy 4th!
    about 17 hours ago via webReplyRetweetFavorite
    @Revis24
    Darrelle Revis
    JohnGeiger_ He was not traded, I am with @Revis24 as we speak he was hacked… Thank you be safe and have a great 4th 7/4/12 6:58 PM
    JohnGeiger_ People have no lives. 7/4/12 6:59 PM
    JohnGeiger_ Lol just changed his password for the 100th time. 7/4/12 7:05 PM
    JohnGeiger_ When the #jets win the Super Bowl this year we going to laugh about this… 7/4/12 7:08 PM
    59: Revis Hacked... Also Big News Coming? (8:57)

Date: July 5, 2012

By: Erik Manassy

Description: Revis Tweeted he was hacked on twitter on the 4th of July which caused a mini-scare. Erik also brings you up to speed with the latest from Mark Sanchez and an artist tweeted something cool to Erik. Check out all these stories at http://JetsTwit.com and follow @e_man and @jetstwit on twitter!
    e_man RevisIsland is not a good password. #justsaying 7/4/12 7:02 PM
    JohnGeiger_ @e_man lol 7/4/12 7:10 PM

So it looks like the Revis camp DOES have some news coming out this weekend. What could it be? My money is on a sponsor.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He tweeted shortly after that. "Jet for life." Let's hope so.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    Should have said "Highest Bidder 4 Life", would have been more accurate.

Revis is a loyalty'less Mercenary.

Not a slight. Just a fact.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    Revis is schizophrenic...one day he's a "Jet for life" and the next day he's coy when answering reporter questions about his contract and his status for training camp.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    What? It's business. If fans wish to stick their nose in someone's business, then idle speculation and frustration await them. Revis is no mercenary; he's just very aware of how quickly things can change in the NFL.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    What happened to the other thread about this, where the poor dude was getting ripped for asking about the tweet? Somehow it mysteriously disappeared between last night and today. I understand locking the old thread or even moving to the garbage dump, but just deleting it entirely? Who is being protected?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Should have said "Highest Bidder 4 Life", would have been more accurate.

Revis is a loyalty'less Mercenary.

Not a slight. Just a fact.
    Modern sports my friend.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post
    What happened to the other thread about this, where the poor dude was getting ripped for asking about the tweet? Somehow it mysteriously disappeared between last night and today. I understand locking the old thread or even moving to the garbage dump, but just deleting it entirely? Who is being protected?
    JI doesn't want to give momentum to that particular hacked tweet. But we do want to encourage discussion; and let people say their piece. But it became a anti-revis thread. Since Revis was victimized, that thread was deleted.

Make sense?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did not even know there had been another thread ... It's a conspiracy !

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    JI doesn't want to give momentum to that particular hacked tweet. But we do want to encourage discussion; and let people say their piece. But it became a anti-revis thread. Since Revis was victimized, that thread was deleted.

Make sense?
    As a matter of fact, it does. Thanks for 'splaining...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not getting sucked into one of these again, I doubt its anything contract related. If it was contract related there wouldn't be a tweet saying news coming this weekend.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    HE BETTER STILL BE A JET -_-

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    As a matter of fact, it does. Thanks for 'splaining...
    Any time, shev.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What? It's business. If fans wish to stick their nose in someone's business, then idle speculation and frustration await them. Revis is no mercenary; he's just very aware of how quickly things can change in the NFL.
    Yes he is. The NFL is a mercenary's business.

Make sense?
    LOL @ Revis being a victim. A hacked twitter account? Kind of demeans actual victims.

The only reason why the hacked tweet was relevant was b.c of Revis' recent quotes. He has lent himself to this speculation. Media started it but he has kept it going.

Still waiting for him to come out and declare he is coming to camp and will be actually playing/participating. My guess is he shows up and starts training for the next Tour de France. Kind of like a half-ass holdout.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He deleted the tweet, "Jet for life"

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Make sense?
    Trick question?

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Yes he is. The NFL is a mercenary's business.
    lol, a CONTRACTOR is not a Mercenary:

A mercenary[1] is a person who takes part in an armed conflict, who is not a national or a party to the conflict, and is "motivated to take part in the hostilities essentially by the desire for private gain and, in fact, is promised, by or on behalf of a party to the conflict, material compensation substantially in excess of that promised or paid to combatants of similar ranks and functions in the armed forces of that Party
    Is Revis "merciless" about getting what he wants? Does he put himself before the team? Only in salary negotiations.

Back to my point: it's business.

LOL @ Revis being a victim. A hacked twitter account? Kind of demeans actual victims.

The only reason why the hacked tweet was relevant was b.c of Revis' recent quotes. He has lent himself to this speculation. Media started it but he has kept it going.
    It's business; this particular game of chicken.

We are still standing in the same spot.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaT View Post
    Trick question?
    Good point; I know the mods DO care.

How about a joke TT

How many WASPs does it take to change a lightbulb?

Two. One to mix martinis, while the other calls the electrician.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol, a CONTRACTOR is not a Mercenary:

Is Revis "merciless" about getting what he wants? Does he put himself before the team? Only in salary negotiations.
    LOL. I wonder if he does roofs. We have some people here that are in need of some work.

BTW, you know exactly what it is meant when we compare players to mercenaries. There is no loyalty and they play for the highest bidder. Brett Favre played for the Vikings for crying out loud.

Back to my point: it's business.

It's business; this particular game of chicken.

We are still standing in the same spot.
    We all know what happened last time.

We will see what happens this time.