Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jets West?

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm assuming that if any of these guys God forbid gets injured, it doesn't adversely affect their contract?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I'm assuming that if any of these guys God forbid gets injured, it doesn't adversely affect their contract?
    Its basically a vacation where in between hanging out and partying they go to a high school and play some catch for a few hours.

Banned
    A leader is a man who can take a group of men, have them follow, while leading them at the same time. Just the fact that Sanchez puts this Jets West camp together goes to show me that he cares, he wants to win with success. The fact that grown men actually follow Sanchez to Jets West, goes to show me that Sanhchez has true leadership qualities. This is what, Mark's 3rd season organizing this voluntary camp? And players are still following? Veteran players at that. Sanchez could be a natural born leader, and if these leadership qualities can translate onto the football field, this franchise will reap the rewards of having a true offensive leader under center before it's all said and done. Little things like this, often go unnoticed when talking Mark Sanchez. Kid has the ability to lead.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    A leader is a man who can take a group of men, have them follow, while leading them at the same time. Just the fact that Sanchez puts this Jets West camp together goes to show me that he cares, he wants to win with success. The fact that grown men actually follow Sanchez to Jets West, goes to show me that Sanhchez has true leadership qualities. This is what, Mark's 3rd season organizing this voluntary camp? And players are still following? Veteran players at that. Sanchez could be a natural born leader, and if these leadership qualities can translate onto the football field, this franchise will reap the rewards of having a true offensive leader under center before it's all said and done. Little things like this, often go unnoticed when talking Mark Sanchez. Kid has the ability to lead.
    McNabb used to do this too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    Long story short, you believe Sanchez has leadership abilities?

All Pro
    Sounds to me like Sanchez trying to get our team to move to LA. I dont want any dysfunctional football this year, so forgettaaboutit! what's a jetswest any? jetfumes!

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by TechJet View Post
    Sounds to me like Sanchez trying to get our team to move to LA. I dont want any dysfunctional football this year, so forgettaaboutit! what's a jetswest any? jetfumes!
    it's a good thing.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Long story short, you believe Sanchez has leadership abilities?
    Hmmmm...good point.

I hope SAR I doesn't take umbrage at the thought of "intangibles" being treated like "tangibles".

Although it might fit in with all the "un-intangible" conversations aroun' heer.

Jets Insider VIP
    pretty amazing

Mark Sanchez brings fellow Jet offensive teammates together before training camp to work on the new offensive plays installed at OTAs and Minicamps. Many of his teammates show up for the workouts

SOJF reaction...

Mark is a bad leader and this is a bad thing

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Its basically a vacation where in between hanging out and partying they go to a high school and play some catch for a few hours.
    come on man, that's a crock of horsesh!t. It may not be full contact drills against a defense, but it serves an important purpose. How can you say it has no value? Every minute Sanchez and Holmes (as well as the others) are working on the field together is important.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    come on man, that's a crock of horsesh!t. It may not be full contact drills against a defense, but it serves an important purpose. How can you say it has no value? Every minute Sanchez and Holmes (as well as the others) are working on the field together is important.
    Exactly. Defensive players also show up. They do more than just "play catch". They run drills. Timing patterns. They work on hot routes and audibles. Sanchez has it set up, as if it were a real NFL practice. Even brings in some type of coach to conduct the Jet West practices. So to sit here and say, "they only play catch" just goes to show how clueless some of our fan base really is.

Jets Insider VIP
    come on man, that's a crock of horsesh!t.
    pretty much sums up the entire posting repetoire of ignored SOJF you know whom

Hall Of Fame
    I suppose it does have some value. But it is a glorified vacation.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    When does your VIP expire bc that it the only reason you aren't banned.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    When does your VIP expire bc that it the only reason you aren't banned.
    Hahaha, no disrespect to SG, but that was lol funny. And I've met SG in person, he's a very sweet guy and a diehard Jet fan.

As for the topic, of course #6 is a leader. He's an alpha dog that was stuck under the beta dog that Schottenheimer is. The first two seasons he sailed under Rex's wings, they all did, but the playcalling got confusing, the oline got beat up and the ball carriers got pissed.

If you think the starting QB of the NYJ shouldn't take ownership of his own squad, then you're following the wrong team.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post

As for the topic, of course #6 is a leader. He's an alpha dog that was stuck under the beta dog that Schottenheimer is.

If you think the starting QB of the NYJ shouldn't take ownership of his own squad, then you're following the wrong team.

SAR I

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... those jets fans who have a problem with this are insane ...

... our qb is stepping up (as he's done each year he's been here) ...

... and holding extra practices & fun for the skill players under his watch ... what at the same time the league has mandated laws that the coaches are not able to have their teams perform similarly under the coaches watch ...

... mark should & does receive huge kudos from me for his Jets West camp! ...

l_j_r

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Even at your advanced age, it's never too late to grow up.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

SAR I
    Ya gots to be startin' Upton
    ya gots to be startin' Upton

doo doo do doot

Jets Insider VIP
    I was thinking more like Beat it, Beat it.