Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jets West?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I suppose it does have some value. But it is a glorified vacation.
    you are one tough nut to crack. At this point, any time Sanchez and Holmes are within throwing distance of each other is a good thing.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    When does your VIP expire bc that it the only reason you aren't banned.
    Why are you harping on the VIP thing... All it means is you appreciate the great job done with this board and decided to contribute. I did it when I first came on and didn't even get the tee shirt, but I don't care.

I like this board and thought the right thing to do was contribute.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Why are you harping on the VIP thing... All it means is you appreciate the great job done with this board and decided to contribute. I did it when I first came on and didn't even get the tee shirt, but I don't care.

I like this board and thought the right thing to do was contribute.
    You didn't get the t-shirt!!??

At-tica! At-tica!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    you are one tough nut to crack. At this point, any time Sanchez and Holmes are within throwing distance of each other is a good thing.
    I agree. Sanchez needs to get to the same comfort level with Holmes as he is with Keller. I thought after 2010 that they had great chemistry, then last year happened. We need Holmes in 2012, so anything they can do to make things work is definitely a plus.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. Sanchez needs to get to the same comfort level with Holmes as he is with Keller. I thought after 2010 that they had great chemistry, then last year happened. We need Holmes in 2012, so anything they can do to make things work is definitely a plus.
    coughedwardscough

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    coughedwardscough
    Then again I think I put a fake address because the first couple of times you read this board there appear to be some slightly odd individuals hanging around....

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Any word on when this is happening--I know there were some articles in early June about who had accepted, but none of the articles said when it was.

Any info on when it's happening?

_
    Starts today...

https://twitter.com/JennyVrentas/sta...74014369271808

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    @santonio10 Almost game time! http://instagr.am/p/M4yar-Ndo3/

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    No media invites this time around.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...-for-jets-west

Tim Tebow all in for 'Jets West'

Both Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow laughed off the idea that Tebow wouldn’t get the invite to "Jets West" because of the much-hyped quarterback competition between them. Sanchez invited Tebow, just like he invited all the other quarterbacks and position players, and Tebow accepted.

“I think we just have a great relationship and I think we both want to get better as football players, as quarterbacks and find a way to help this team win football games and that is what it’s about,” Tebow said. “Also, our friendship outside of this locker room, outside of this facility has been great and I think that is important as well.”

Next week the Jets have their mandatory minicamp, and on plenty of teams that means players will scatter until the start of training camp on July 25. For the Jets' offense however, Sanchez will be making plans for the third "Jets West" camp -- a voluntary bonding experience for quarterbacks and position players in his home state.

“It’s a chance for us to just talk about football in a relaxed environment,” Sanchez said. “And in a place where we work out all morning and go grab some food, get around Southern California a little bit, try and see the beach, go to a movie, whatever it is, whatever we decide to do.”

In past years, that has meant a trip to the ESPY Awards. RB Shonn Greene joked that he’d be going just for the fun.

On June 6, even wide receiver Santonio Holmes replied “YES! I will be attending ‘Jets West.’”

“It would have been a three-year thing had I not been dealing with the contract dispute my sixth year in the league,” Holmes said. “But being out, I think is going to give the younger guys a sense of security knowing that we have our veterans we have, our leader here with us who's going to be helping us get on the same page, and I think all of us doing the same thing at the same time is going to be a great chemistry build."

The group that didn’t get the invite this year? The media. In past years, certain outlets have covered the event, but not this one. Somehow, Sanchez didn’t seem all that sorry about it.

“We know you guys want to be out there and we appreciate it,” Sanchez said. “But not this time.”

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Report: 'Jets West' under high security

I like everything about this except for the fact that Jets fans in LA (like myself) can't attend. Though if I recall correctly, some JIers aren't opposed to spying on closed practices through the bushes.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post...-high-security

Quarterback Mark Sanchez's annual "Jets West" camp is underway in Southern California. This is the time of year when Sanchez gets with his skill players on offense to work on the passing game and further develop chemistry.

But this year's camp has a different feel because it is under high security. Sanchez reportedly hired five uniformed policemen and additional off-duty officers to watch over the practice field at Mission Viejo High School this week.

Last year Sanchez and the Jets allowed the media to watch practice during the lockout. But this year's camp, especially with the addition of Tim Tebow, is being closed off. This is further proof that the Jets are working to become a closer team with fewer distractions. Things fell apart so bad in 2011 that the Jets are trying to put the pieces back together and create an "Us against the world" mentality.

There is little chance the Jets will be distraction-less this year -- not with that team, and certainly not in the New York market. However, they deserve a lot of credit for avoiding the spotlight and brash talk as much as possible this offseason.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post

Great shot. They are QB's so they hopefully have the biggest egos, but something tells me these two can work together.
    Last edited by Apache 51; 07-12-2012 at 06:02 PM.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry - who at ESPN said the Jets deserve credit?

Did I just read that?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

My thoughts exactly. Glorified vacation.

But I am glad that Sanchez has kept it under wraps this year. Less is more with regards to the media.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't mind hanging with those guys.

Sanchez rocking' some Izod. Old school.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it is Lacoste.

Looks like Tebow and Holmes are wearing the same shirt though.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

It's lacoste. They seem like genuine good guys from all accounts. Nice pic too.

This time away from the media and just focussing on getting into a rhythm and understanding between qbs, and receiving corp and rb's like Greene

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it is Lacoste.

Looks like Tebow and Holmes are wearing the same shirt though.
    Good; one lil crocodile. Not an offensive or controversial item in the shot.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL at the people correcting the Izod comment.... which is what Izod was before they rebranded that logo into Lacoste.

He did say OLD SCHOOL.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like