Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy 4th of July (Independence Day).

Banned

Happy 4th of July (Independence Day).

Lots of us may complain how bad we have it in America, especially due to our economy dating back to the beginning of 9-11. I'll be the first one to admit, that I'm not a fan of many aspects of our Government, but when I went to Europe a little over two years ago, I was there for roughly 3 months in a small country known as 'Latvia', when I came back to America? The first thing I did when I got off the plane was literally kiss the ground that we walk on. I was so thankful to be back home, and so proud to be an American. We have it made when compared to other Countries. In Latvia? They lived on a farm with no running water. Had to use the restroom outside in the freezing cold. Long story short, I guess we take our living conditions for granted from time to time. Happy 4th of July everyone. Been on the grill since around 11:00, done cooking for now. Rays and Yankees coming up; Baseball and 4th of July go hand and hand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NaiOez3jWw

+1

Best country on the planet.

Jets Insider VIP

HAPPY 236th BIRTHDAY AMERICA!!!

WISHING EVERYONE A SAFE & HAPPY 4th OF JULY!!!

Jets Insider VIP

Here is a list of signers
    (from Wikipedia)

Fifty-six delegates eventually signed the Declaration:

President of Congress

1. John Hancock (Massachusetts)

New Hampshire

2. Josiah Bartlett
    3. William Whipple
    4. Matthew Thornton

Massachusetts

5. Samuel Adams
    6. John Adams
    7. Robert Treat Paine
    8. Elbridge Gerry

Rhode Island

9. Stephen Hopkins
    10. William Ellery

Connecticut

11. Roger Sherman
    12. Samuel Huntington
    13. William Williams
    14. Oliver Wolcott

New York

15. William Floyd
    16. Philip Livingston
    17. Francis Lewis
    18. Lewis Morris

New Jersey

19. Richard Stockton
    20. John Witherspoon
    21. Francis Hopkinson
    22. John Hart
    23. Abraham Clark

Pennsylvania

24. Robert Morris
    25. Benjamin Rush
    26. Benjamin Franklin
    27. John Morton
    28. George Clymer
    29. James Smith
    30. George Taylor
    31. James Wilson
    32. George Ross

Delaware

33. George Read
    34. Caesar Rodney
    35. Thomas McKean

Maryland

36. Samuel Chase
    37. William Paca
    38. Thomas Stone
    39. Charles Carroll of Carrollton

Virginia

40. George Wythe
    41. Richard Henry Lee
    42. Thomas Jefferson
    43. Benjamin Harrison
    44. Thomas Nelson, Jr.
    45. Francis Lightfoot Lee
    46. Carter Braxton

North Carolina

47. William Hooper
    48. Joseph Hewes
    49. John Penn

South Carolina

50. Edward Rutledge
    51. Thomas Heyward, Jr.
    52. Thomas Lynch, Jr.
    53. Arthur Middleton

Georgia

54. Button Gwinnett
    55. Lyman Hall
    56. George Walton

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

thanks for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    I was there for roughly 3 months in a small country known as 'Latvia'
    Yeah "Lativa" has it bad ala "Croatia"

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Lots of us may complain how bad we have it in America, especially due to our economy dating back to the beginning of 9-11. I'll be the first one to admit, that I'm not a fan of many aspects of our Government, but when I went to Europe a little over two years ago, I was there for roughly 3 months in a small country known as 'Latvia', when I came back to America? The first thing I did when I got off the plane was literally kiss the ground that we walk on. I was so thankful to be back home, and so proud to be an American. We have it made when compared to other Countries. In Latvia? They lived on a farm with no running water. Had to use the restroom outside in the freezing cold. Long story short, I guess we take our living conditions for granted from time to time. Happy 4th of July everyone. Been on the grill since around 11:00, done cooking for now. Rays and Yankees coming up; Baseball and 4th of July go hand and hand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NaiOez3jWw
    You know, there are people here in America without running water. It's not just a problem in 'Latvia.'

Your style of posting? It makes me hate freedom of speech. Thanks for ruining the 4th of July.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    You know, there are people here in America without running water. It's not just a problem in 'Latvia.'

Your style of posting? It makes me hate freedom of speech. Thanks for ruining the 4th of July.
    Who pissed in your cornflakes?

I want to know, because this may be the funniest thing you've ever posted.

Hall Of Fame

I like how he had to say "in a small country known as 'Latvia'".

Like if he just said Latvia, we wouldn't have know what he was talking about.

_

All Pro

================================================== ========

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=940zccYFyOI

Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    I like how he had to say "in a small country known as 'Latvia'".

Like if he just said Latvia, we wouldn't have know what he was talking about.

_
    i know this much:

if you can't make it as a backup PG in the semi-pro 'Latvian' league, then you suck at basketball.

Jets Insider VIP
    Did somebody say Latvia?

Jets Insider VIP

Brutal

Hall Of Fame
    Maybe you we're just in a crap part of Latvia?

The 4th of July is to celebrate the founding of a nation where individual rights would be held sacrosanct. Where limitations on government protected the citizenry from tyrants. Those protections are largely gone today. The standard of living you enjoy, as a modern American, isn't some benevolent gift from government. They're the result of free people engaging free marketplaces with the ends of bettering their own life.

You don't have indoor plumbing because government willed it so. You have it because Thomas Crapper wanted to become rich. You don't have light bulbs in your house thanks to some assembly of elected jackasses, you have it because Edison dreamed of hitting it big. If anything, the government stands in the way of these free marketplaces more often than not.

The way you presented it, you make it seem like an either/or proposition. It most certainly is not.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Why does Latvia have quotes around it? Do I need to use those to do those "air quotes" with my fingers every time I mention a country's name?

I fear that will get me punched in the face right quick.

Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    Maybe you we're just in a crap part of Latvia?

The 4th of July is to celebrate the founding of a nation where individual rights would be held sacrosanct. Where limitations on government protected the citizenry from tyrants. Those protections are largely gone today. The standard of living you enjoy, as a modern American, isn't some benevolent gift from government. They're the result of free people engaging free marketplaces with the ends of bettering their own life.

You don't have indoor plumbing because government willed it so. You have it because Thomas Crapper wanted to become rich. You don't have light bulbs in your house thanks to some assembly of elected jackasses, you have it because Edison dreamed of hitting it big. If anything, the government stands in the way of these free marketplaces more often than not.

The way you presented it, you make it seem like an either/or proposition. It most certainly is not.
    Before I die, I want to be witness to a Freestater/DWC debate any issue.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Why does Latvia have quotes around it? Do I need to use those to do those "air quotes" with my fingers every time I mention a country's name?

I fear that will get me punched in the face right quick.
    In Soviet Latvia, quotes air you!