Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coples vs DeCastro.....and Eric Winston

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Trying to be offended by what a sissy/tattletale/cry baby to the mods says is an equally impossible task.
    Are you talking about when you were being a xenophobic b*tch?

WTF? Either your grossly misinformed or my sarcasm meter is broken.

Better defensive talents in 2012 draft: Morris Claiborne, Mark Barron, Stephen Gilmore, Michael Brockers, Luke Kuechly.

Claiborne and Barron aren't even debatable.
    Barron? Brockers? fcking Gilmore? Ya OK, we're done. Like i said. If i thought you had any ability to assess talent, I might be offended (if it wasn't you)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Seriously Paradis

Trying to make sense out of post from a troll who is anything but a Jet fan is an impossible task

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    He's a troll? Christ - if that's true, what a sad, sad human being.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BX Jet Fan View Post
    I really wanted Dave DeCastro in the draft. I understand Rex said Coples was the best DE and I am not going to argue with him. I am disappointed that we didn't pick up DeCastro though.
    ... position is relevant in the draft ...

... an extreme example is why we were ridiculed (deservedly so) for picking a kicker (nugent) in the 2nd round ...

... G is also not a high commodity position ... which is why 22 other teams besides the Jets also passed on a can't miss, once in a lifetime G ...

... if rex & mikey t had traded backwards a time or two and he was still on the board i'd have bought in with you ...

l_j_r

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trying to be offended by what a sissy/tattletale/cry baby to the mods says is an equally impossible task.
    More insults I assume from an ignored troll.....his chowd chums will.love it Im sure

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    LMFAO.

Like you actually have anyone on ignore.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post

... an extreme example is why we were ridiculed (deservedly so) for picking a kicker (nugent) in the 2nd round ...

... G is also not a high commodity position ... which is why 22 other teams besides the Jets also passed on a can't miss, once in a lifetime G ...

... if rex & mikey t had traded backwards a time or two and he was still on the board i'd have bought in with you ...

l_j_r
    Many mocks had DeCastro off their boards when we picked. There is a huge difference between taking a once a decade player vs a kicker in the second round.

I hope Coples works out, I really do. Let me ask all the people supporting the pick what their expectations are for Wilk and Coples. Are people expecting 10 sack seasons?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post

Ugh. Mike Nugent.

He and Justin Miller were our first 2 picks that year.

Just ahead of Vincent Jackson and Frank Gore.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Are you talking about when you were being a xenophobic b*tch?

Barron? Brockers? fcking Gilmore? Ya OK, we're done. Like i said. If i thought you had any ability to assess talent, I might be offended (if it wasn't you)
    1. Do you know what that means.

2. Explain how that applies to anything I have said.

Let me preface the next part by saying I actually like the Coples pick and think he will be a good player. But he was not the top defensive player in the draft. Plain and simple. All those guys I mentioned were drafted ahead of Coples and rated higher on various boards.

I don't see that the big deal is. I think the Jets did well for themselves @ 16 but they did not get the best defensive player. And if you go back to my original response, that is what I was replying to.

If that is trolling then everyone on the board is a troll.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Many mocks had DeCastro off their boards when we picked. There is a huge difference between taking a once a decade player vs a kicker in the second round.

I hope Coples works out, I really do. Let me ask all the people supporting the pick what their expectations are for Wilk and Coples. Are people expecting 10 sack seasons?
    Yuo raise a good point here, but I think your original question of "why" can be answered simply by looking at the man in charge.

If Mike Munchak is HC of the Jets and has a choice of Coples or Decastro, who's he going to lobby for? Most likely DD. On the other hand, we have a guy who's all about defense and who thinks every existing player on the team is a superstar anyway.

I agree (like most) that Decastro would have been a good pick and might be a once in a decade player, but a guy like Rex is going to see Coples' skill set and think HE is the once in a decade player.

As for Coples & Wilk - I think it's fair to expect a combined total of 12-15 or so sacks from that pair. Anything less than 10 is a disappointment. Anything more than 15 would be a pleasant surprise.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Yuo raise a good point here, but I think your original question of "why" can be answered simply by looking at the man in charge.

If Mike Munchak is HC of the Jets and has a choice of Coples or Decastro, who's he going to lobby for? Most likely DD. On the other hand, we have a guy who's all about defense and who thinks every existing player on the team is a superstar anyway.

I agree (like most) that Decastro would have been a good pick and might be a once in a decade player, but a guy like Rex is going to see Coples' skill set and think HE is the once in a decade player.

As for Coples & Wilk - I think it's fair to expect a combined total of 12-15 or so sacks from that pair. Anything less than 10 is a disappointment. Anything more than 15 would be a pleasant surprise.
    I'm OK with that. If Rex wants to build the most dominating D since the 2000 Ravens or the 85 Bears, that's fine. But if he wants to Ground and Pound, stop wasting resources (Holmes contract, signing Hill) on assets that aren't core to what he is preaching. After this year, I believe Slauson and Moore's contracts are up and Hunter/ Ducasse are still huge question marks. Fixing the line makes the entire offense better.

On the 10 sack thing. I meant 10 sacks each LOL. Wilk had 10 1 year in college and Coples had 12. The way people are talking about our Dline you would think it's the second coming of the Sack Exchange. If we resign Revis after this season and those two put up those kinds of numbers, their contracts are going to be 10mil plus each.
    I can't think of a team off the top of my head that has a dominating Dline and a premier secondary. It seems they plow their money into the Dline and have a patchwork secondary. The cap is going to stay flat till the 2016 season.

If Wilk and Coples have an outstanding season this year I could see us entertaining trades for Revis. Get 2 1's or a 1st and a 2d. Keep Cro, move Wilson to CB and pay an excellent center fielder type Safety for help.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    WTF? Either your grossly misinformed or my sarcasm meter is broken.

Better defensive talents in 2012 draft: Morris Claiborne, Mark Barron, Stephen Gilmore, Michael Brockers, Luke Kuechly.

Claiborne and Barron aren't even debatable.
    Ummm... What?

Calling Barron an undebatably better talent Coples is ridiculous. If course you can debate that.

You realize that before his suspect senior season most had Coples as a top 5 pick right? Tons of people aren't sold on Barron -- he's going to be the next Donte Whitner or Michael Huff.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    if the Jets had drafted Barron or Claiborne, SOJF DumDum would have been slamming them for not drafting the much better Coples based on his astute personnel evaluations and football acumen

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Ummm... What?

Calling Barron an undebatably better talent Coples is ridiculous. If course you can debate that.

You realize that before his suspect senior season most had Coples as a top 5 pick right? Tons of people aren't sold on Barron -- he's going to be the next Donte Whitner or Michael Huff.
    You answered your own question as to why those guys were higher rated prospects in the 2012 draft, which is what we were discussing.

Once again, the initial post the I responded to stated that Coples was "hands down" the best defensive player in the draft and it compared him to Jevon Kearse, calling him "Kearse like".

And DWC went on to point out that it was a "strong post"

I responded to that. I disagree with both of those sentiments.

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...3&postcount=12

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...5&postcount=13

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...1&postcount=17

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    This message is hidden because DDNYjets is on your ignore list.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

I asked when I started this thread to keep the troll crap out of it. What does this post contribute? Seriously.

I clicked on your avatar and clicked on read more posts by you. I suggest you do the same. You don't seem to bring much to the table other than "SOJF' and "Troll". Maybe you were a good poster once, but you seem like an angry bitter man. Way to **** up another thread.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

They say the older you get, you revert to infancy (ala 2001: A Space Odyssey).

Living proof right here in 2012.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    (A) Maybe you were a good poster once, but you seem like (B) an angry bitter man. Way to **** up another thread.
    Answer to part:

(A) Never

(B) Bingo!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Answer to part:

(A) Never

(B) Bingo!
    Jordy, you aren't any better. Go read your recent posting history. You even troll a guy in your sig.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I asked when I started this thread to keep the troll crap out of it. What does this post contribute? Seriously.

I clicked on your avatar and clicked on read more posts by you. I suggest you do the same. You don't seem to bring much to the table other than "SOJF' and "Troll". Maybe you were a good poster once, but you seem like an angry bitter man. Way to **** up another thread.
    Thank you for pointing this out.

But I am also somewhat guilty as well for arguing with Paradis, even though that is somewhat related to the thread.

For the record, I would rather have picked DeCastro or Glenn. And I think paying Wayne Hunter $2.5MM is asinine. IMO nearly anything would have been an upgrade over Hunter. I had Cordy Glenn as a Top 20 player and he went 41st, so for that I get some egg on my face but I think he is going to end up being a steal for Buffalo and I believe DeCastro will be a perennial Pro Bowler in a couple of years.

But despite my arguing that he was not "hand down" the best defensive player in the draft, I am very pleased with the Coples pick. I

I just hope the OL holds up, mainly the tackles.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 07-06-2012 at 06:07 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for pointing this out.

But I am also somewhat guilty as well for arguing with Paradis, even though that is somewhat related to the thread.

For the record, I would rather have picked DeCastro or Glenn. And I think paying Wayne Hunter $2.5MM is asinine. IMO nearly anything would have been an upgrade over Hunter. I had Cordy Glenn as a Top 20 player and he went 41st, so for that I get some egg on my face but I think he is going to end up being a steal for Buffalo and I believe DeCastro will be a perennial Pro Bowler in a couple of years.

But despite my arguing that he was not "hand down" the best defensive player in the draft, I am very pleased with the Coples pick. I

I just hope the OL holds up, mainly the tackles.
    Brick better get back to form. There were some moments when he flat out sucked last year blocking the air while Sanchez was being attacked from the left. We all scream about Hunter so Brick has been getting a pass but he really had a poor season overall based on what we have come to expect.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    If I believed you had any ability to assess talent, I might be offended by this post. "Not even close to being true" ?? Let me guess, you had Tannehill rated as a better defensive talent

Fcking kidding me.
    No, once Coples became a Jet he became just another player that he thought wasn't as good as the Jets think.

He's a moaner and groaner